2020 NFL Combine

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, H2o said:

What do we see Bowden's position as I wonder? I see most rankings listing him @ WR, but he can run the ball as well. They could use him in MANY different ways. Hell, he would likely even be the 3rd string QB. 

WR. Bowden will also take McKenzie and possibly Roberts jobs. As a WR he’s a slot guy that can also flex outside and run every trick play Daboll can draw up. I’ve posted highlights and game tape of him in other threads.... Kid can ball and oozes process. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Love him - but i think he’s Beasley’s position 

That there is our Taysom Hill

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thursday evening

Jeudy may have just cemented himself as my WR1 with that nugget ? 

20 minutes ago, H2o said:

Mekhi Becton coming in at 364lbs is not a good look for him either imo. He screams G to me at that weight. 

Meh, he’s 6’7”. 

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Note on Perine: his position coach at Florida is the brother of the Bills RB coach Kelly Skipper

I have had a gut feeling for a while that either Perine or Moss are who the Bills will be targeting. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Philo said:

I have had a gut feeling for a while that either Perine or Moss are who the Bills will be targeting. 

Ditto. Perine in particular has versatility in the passing game. Combine him with a Bowden or Shenault and the offense gets very unpredictable. Almost don’t want that because Daboll could get too cute. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

I like Shenault in the first, and then Mimms in the third. I fear that Mimms, who came into the offseason as a 5th rounder, is likely going top 60. 

I'd much rather have Mims than Shenault. 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Ditto. Perine in particular has versatility in the passing game. Combine him with a Bowden or Shenault and the offense gets very unpredictable. Almost don’t want that because Daboll could get too cute. 

What?!?! Daboll calling some weird **s plays that end up backfiring? Never would he do something like that. :rolleyes: :lol:

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

He also skipped the Senior Bowl.

Buyer Beware on Tyler Johnson.

Doesn't really change the point of your post, but he wasn't invited to the Senior Bowl. It was the East-West Shrine Game that he skipped, so that he could focus on the Combine, which he's now skipping the athletic testing for because he "is still learning the techniques for the athletic tests".

Edited by DCOrange

11 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Doesn't really change the point of your post, but he wasn't invited to the Senior Bowl. It was the East-West Shrine Game that he skipped, so that he could focus on the Combine, which he's now skipping the athletic testing for because he "is still learning the techniques for the athletic tests".

My mistake.

Still, I'd be very cautious of this guy.

9 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

must be your area.

No, it's AT&T.

I have AT&T U-verse and I always had NFL Network as a part of the basic package. Been that way for years.

When AT&T bought DirecTV, they wanted to phase out U-Verse. So they took NFL Network away from U-Verse.

The only way I can get NFL Network is if I switch to DirecTV. Extortion! :angry:

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Add this to Chase Young and Josh Uche as EDGE guys not working out this week 

GRRRRR

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

+1

To me Shenault's best role in the NFL is as a versatile #2. Think the way Randall Cobb played for years as the 2ndry option to Jordy Nelson. He played the slot, he played the Z, he lined up in the backfield and he ran a lot of different routes. That is where I see Shenault in the NFL.

This

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

+1

To me Shenault's best role in the NFL is as a versatile #2. Think the way Randall Cobb played for years as the 2ndry option to Jordy Nelson. He played the slot, he played the Z, he lined up in the backfield and he ran a lot of different routes. That is where I see Shenault in the NFL.

Beane has already been quoted as to be looking for more offensive weapons for Allen so that he doesn't feel like he has to make every big play himself. Being able to be lined all over the backfield including at running back sounds very weapon like to me.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, dje85 said:

Beane has already been quoted as to be looking for more offensive weapons for Allen so that he doesn't feel like he has to make every big play himself. Being able to be lined all over the backfield including at running back sounds very weapon like to me.

He is a weapon. I don't hate him. But a guy who is a swiss army knife who can do a bit of everything but lacks a real elite skillset isn't a 1st round pick for a team that lacks a true #1. 

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He is a weapon. I don't hate him. But a guy who is a swiss army knife who can do a bit of everything but lacks a real elite skillset isn't a 1st round pick for a team that lacks a true #1. 

Bowden could be the same exact type of player available on day 2. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Why would not want someone that actually is a playmaker?

I’m not seeing it with Laviska either

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Agreed

6 hours ago, H2o said:

Mekhi Becton coming in at 364lbs is not a good look for him either imo. He screams G to me at that weight. 

...Jesus, that's Langston Walker territory, Marv's "beef" at 6'8", 368 lbs........and Dopey Dickie Jauron tried to move him to the blind side, probably for his speed....SMH..........

13 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Gonna have to agree to disagree in that.....I think that kid is a beast

He looks like a RB playing WR to me. I think he’s got a very long way to go before he’s ready to contribute as anything beyond a gadget guy. I’ll go as far as saying that he’s facing a serious drop if he disappoints in the 40.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

So they didn’t meet with who are thought to be the top 2, jeudy and lamb, but they did meet with Ruggs. 

Probably because if Jeudy and Lamb do fall to us you dont need to have an interview with them to know you are taking them. Kinda like Edmunds... we didnt interview him either but we weren't in position to draft him orginally.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Probably because if Jeudy and Lamb do fall to us you dont need to have an interview with them to know you are taking them. Kinda like Edmunds... we didnt interview him either but we weren't in position to draft him orginally.

Yeah I think they see Ruggs as being on the fringe of their available guys plus the Daboll connection 

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Why would not want someone that actually is a playmaker?

I've said this in other threads, but I think Shenault is a final piece to make an already very good offense unstoppable, not a foundational offensive star on a mid-range offense like we have. Shenault would thrive on a team like the Saints or Packers. Us trying to make a guy like him our top offensive option is like fitting a square peg into a round hole. Before anyone says he could run the Jet too, we run Jet motion 2-3x a game, not worth using a 1st rounder for that role IMO.

Mims on the other hand looks like a future WR1 to me (what we need), and he can be had in round 2 or 3. I'd rather have a 1st round DE & Mims, than Shenault any 2nd round Defensive player.

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, 947 said:

. Shenault would thrive on a team like the Saints or Packers.

They are exactly the two teams where I have him tabbed as a fit too. As a versatile running mate to Adams or Thomas. He is not a number 1 receiver to my eyes. Overrated by a lot on this board. 

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They are exactly the two teams where I have him tabbed as a fit too. As a versatile running mate to Adams or Thomas. He is not a number 1 receiver to my eyes. Overrated by a lot on this board. 

I think Baltimore will be high on him as well. DeCosta loves the gadget-types, and Roman is the kind of OC that will figure out ways to make him effective in the snaps he does play. 

In an offense where so much of the attention will be on Lamar and the run game, a less-refined guy with some juice can be a bigger asset than he could be elsewhere.

45 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I think Baltimore will be high on him as well. DeCosta loves the gadget-types, and Roman is the kind of OC that will figure out ways to make him effective in the snaps he does play. 

In an offense where so much of the attention will be on Lamar and the run game, a less-refined guy with some juice can be a bigger asset than he could be elsewhere.

I think Baltimore goes with Murray or an edge player in the first if the value is there. Roman could certainly scheme for Shenault though. They may also be in play for a Reagor or linemen. 

Edited by Buffalo Junction