Source: Jags hire McAdoo as quarterbacks coach

You think that they'd have learned from hiring the other former Giants guy Tom Coughlin. 

McAdoo spent less than two seasons as the Giants' head coach and was fired after a 2-10 start in 2017. He benched quarterback Eli Manning before the Week 13 game against Oakland -- snapping Manning's consecutive starts streak at 210 games -- and was fired the following Monday along with GM Jerry Reese. The Giants went 11-5, finished second in the NFC East, and lost a wild-card playoff game to Green Bay in his first season.

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

You think that they'd have learned from hiring the other former Giants guy Tom Coughlin. 

McAdoo spent less than two seasons as the Giants' head coach and was fired after a 2-10 start in 2017. He benched quarterback Eli Manning before the Week 13 game against Oakland -- snapping Manning's consecutive starts streak at 210 games -- and was fired the following Monday along with GM Jerry Reese. The Giants went 11-5, finished second in the NFC East, and lost a wild-card playoff game to Green Bay in his first season.

He reminded me more of Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber at his press conferences.

• Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think he’s been doing nothing for 2 years so probably the best he could get 

True, but that's not really making it better, usually the coach may take a year or 2 off to reevaluate or spend time with family, buy they come back again as a HC or Coordinator atleast, like McCarthy do this offseason. Sounds like Mcadoo wasn't really I'm demand after his HC stint and the time off wasn't his choice......

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I would actually read this as a similar situation to Marrone/Bradley. They brought in their replacement if need be. 

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

I would actually read this as a similar situation to Marrone/Bradley. They brought in their replacement if need be. 

McAdoo was a disaster in his only stint as HC.  The team quit on him.  They brought McAdoo in to make Marrone seem like only kind of an ####### in comparison.  Look for the Jags to try and lure Schiano away from Rutgers while they're at it.  He was probably their first choice.

PRetty sure Khan is taking a page out of the Major LEague playbook and putting together a team so bad and generally unlikable that when they move to London no one will care.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Haha (+1) 5

2 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Isn't he a little too old to be a coach?

D-JMnIXWkAAEC2H.jpg

He's only 68, there have been assistant coaches in their 70s.  Head coaches too, he's only 1 year older than Belichick.

He was an assistant coach for 19 years in the NBA.  If he can translate his NBA experience to the NFL, why not give him a chance?   

Edited by Albany,n.y.

4 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

He's only 68, there have been assistant coaches in their 70s.  Head coaches too, he's only 1 year older than Belichick.

He was an assistant coach for 19 years in the NBA.  If he can translate his NBA experience to the NFL, why not give him a chance?   

Ah, all this Bob McAdoo chatter really warms my heart! To the youngins' out there, in the mid-70s Big Mac averaged 30+ points and ~15 rebounds per game for 3 straight seasons ... I tell my NBA-crazed teen boys all the time that McAdoo was Giannis before there was Giannis.  :D  And I loved the bent-knee jumper pic -- with Ernie D lurking in the background!  

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

About to get stuffed by Cowens...

More like hacked in the act........2 shots.:thumbsup:

That 1974-1975 season where he averaged over 34 points and 14 rebounds was probably the second greatest individual season ever by a Buffalo pro athlete.

The year before he averaged 31 and 15. :lol:

Shaquille O'Neal never averaged as many points OR rebounds in any season as McAdoo had in those two years.    

He was unbelievable for a few years.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1