LAMP Post: XFL Article

I've wanted to be a sport reporter for as long as I can remember. Probably sometime back in middle school. Went to ECC for Communication Arts, and aced all of my courses that involved reporting, media, etc. Unfortunately, I was lazy, and didn't put any effort into the basic courses and flunked out.

I finally found a foot in the door with an XFL fan page looking for writers. Small unpaid gig, but grateful for the opportunity and the foot in the door to build a porfolio. All my friends and family are kissing my ass telling me how great it is. But they're supposed to say that to encourage me. So I'm coming to the most brutally honest group of people I know to get some real insight on it to help me improve. 

https://xflboard.com/news/2020/01/28/five-good-reasons-xfl-2020-will-be-successful/

• Like (+1) 13
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Well done. Informative and concise. Being affordable and family friendly is a big deal. I didn’t realize they had gotten rid of the cheerleaders. I could never be a fan of a team without cheerleaders! Oh....wait.....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I've wanted to be a sport reporter for as long as I can remember. Probably sometime back in middle school. Went to ECC for Communication Arts, and aced all of my courses that involved reporting, media, etc. Unfortunately, I was lazy, and didn't put any effort into the basic courses and flunked out.

I finally found a foot in the door with an XFL fan page looking for writers. Small unpaid gig, but grateful for the opportunity and the foot in the door to build a porfolio. All my friends and family are kissing my ass telling me how great it is. But they're supposed to say that to encourage me. So I'm coming to the most brutally honest group of people I know to get some real insight on it to help me improve. 

https://xflboard.com/news/2020/01/28/five-good-reasons-xfl-2020-will-be-successful/

I liked it.  Short, informational, and clearly written.  Good job!  ?

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

Well done. Informative and concise. Being affordable and family friendly is a big deal. I didn’t realize they had gotten rid of the cheerleaders. I could never be a fan of a team without cheerleaders! Oh....wait.....

Having cheerleaders wasn't the issue the first time around. It was the fact that they were essentially strippers. And McMahon didn't even skirt around (see what I did there) it being sexualized. 

“Yes, our cheerleaders will date our players. Yes, they’ll be hot babes. We’re going to have three or four of them surround our announcers, who’ll be sitting in the stands, by the way, then, when the quarterback fumbles or the wideout drops a pass, and we know who he’s dating,  want our reporters right back in her face on the sidelines demanding to know whether the two of them did the wild thing last night.”

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Having cheerleaders wasn't the issue the first time around. It was the fact that they were essentially strippers. And McMahon didn't even skirt around (see what I did there) it being sexualized. 

“Yes, our cheerleaders will date our players. Yes, they’ll be hot babes. We’re going to have three or four of them surround our announcers, who’ll be sitting in the stands, by the way, then, when the quarterback fumbles or the wideout drops a pass, and we know who he’s dating,  want our reporters right back in her face on the sidelines demanding to know whether the two of them did the wild thing last night.”

Yikes, yeah.

Those who remember the original XFL, will remember that they caught some criticism for how skimpy the cheerleaders outfits were. There were even segments that teased that they were going to sneak into their locker room (only to disappoint fans by only approaching comedy legend Rodney Dangerfield). This XFL will have nothing of the sort. In fact, the XFL will have no cheerleaders at all. This league promises to be entertaining for fans of all ages.

WTF does this sentence even mean?

They’ve eliminated the traditional, almost automatic one point kick. They replaced the PAT kick with the choice of making plays from scrimmage, from the two, five and ten yard line. 

The PAT isn't automatic in today's game since it was pushed back. 

These sentences should be combined.  Don't begin consecutive sentences with "they".  Sentence is unclear.  Sounds like they're kicking from "scrimmage" (equally unclear, should say 2 yard line), 5 yard line and the 10 yard line for increasing increments of points. 

Send this to me, Matt, and GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEoff for editing before publishing next time.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Count me out, then.

Friggin' pigs.

I think the XFL could be successful as it seems like they have actually thought out the rules more. The rules seem to be developed by football people and not marketing people like the first time around. The game seems to be more focused on being a spring football league as opposed to a XTREME League where they play real football. I think their general approach seems to be much better than the 2001 approach. 

• Like (+1) 2