The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Yea, exactly @JaCrispy

While the vaccine did help some older people and some with immune deficiencies, it was not 100%…That being said, the damage Covid had, to the unvaccinated, was proven to be overblown…

And in some cases,  the vaccine actually had negative effects against healthy individuals, particularly younger males…

And knowing Big Pharma’s “less than clean” history with drugs and vaccines, some people on the right (and many in the black community) chose to take a more “wait and see” approach…

We are only two years out from the vaccines first being administered, so there hasn’t been enough time to determine the full ramifications…

However, as was pointed out in earlier posts, the more time that passes, more and more things are coming to light…stay tuned…👍

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

While the vaccine did help some older people and some with immune deficiencies, it was not 100%…That being said, the damage Covid had, to the unvaccinated, was proven to be overblown…

And in some cases,  the vaccine actually had negative effects against healthy individuals, particularly younger males…

And knowing Big Pharma’s “less than clean” history with drugs and vaccines, some people on the right (and many in the black community) chose to take a more “wait and see” approach…

We are only two years out from the vaccines first being administered, so there hasn’t been enough time to determine the full ramifications…

However, as was pointed out in earlier posts, the more time that passes, more and more things are coming to light…stay tuned…👍

Source? Anyone? Source?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Source? Anyone? Source?

Lol really??? have you been living under a rock? It’s been one of the most well known issues with regards to giving the vaccines to kids- along with the fact that more kids die from the flu than from Covid…😉

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, JaCrispy said:

Lol honestly? have you been living under a rock? It’s been one of the most well known issues with regards to giving the vaccines to kids- along with the fact that more kids die from the flu than from Covid…😉

Source, anyone? Source?

Hey, you really should stop taking your prescribed medications... big bad pharma is after you.

Just now, BillStime said:

Source, anyone? Source?

Hey, you really should stop taking your prescribed medications... big bad pharma is after you.

Lol so now we’re talking about prescribed meds now? Nice little deflection there…👍

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

lmao - WHO CREATED THE VACCCINES?  jfc 

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice-department-announces-largest-health-care-fraud-settlement-its-history

There ya go, bud…I’ll let you catch up on some reading while I get some shut eye…

But Billsy, always remember, whatever you read, Big Pharma only has your best interest at hand, and NEVER has  any motivation to mislead you…sweet dreams, pumpkin- see you in the morning…😘

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/12/2023 at 4:34 PM, Big Blitz said:

At some point in the next 2-3 years we’re going to know what Trump knows.  

But January 6!!

Microbiologist Kevin McKernan—a former researcher and team leader for the MIT Human Genome Project—has discovered massive DNA contamination in the mRNA COVID-19 shots, including simian virus 40 (SV40) promoters.

SV40 has been linked to cancer in humans, including mesotheliomas, lymphomas, and cancers of the brain and bone. In 2002, the Lancet published evidence linking polio vaccines contaminated with SV40 to Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. According to the authors, the vaccine may be responsible for up to 50 percent of the 55,000 Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma cases diagnosed each year.

The level of contamination varies depending on the platform used to measure it, but no matter which method is used, the level of DNA contamination is significantly higher than the regulatory limits in both Europe and the United States. The highest level of DNA contamination found was 30 percent.

The finding of DNA means the mRNA COVID-19 shots may have the ability to alter the human genome.

Even if genetic modification does not occur, the fact that you’re getting foreign DNA into your cells poses a risk in and of itself. Partial expression could occur, or it might interfere with other transcription translations that are already in the cell. Cytoplasmic transfection can also allow for genetic manipulation, as the nucleus disassembles and exchanges cellular components with the cytosol during cell division.

SV40 was the first virus sequenced. It is asymptomatic in Rhesus monkeys, although can cause tumors in rats and guinea pigs. Before  1963 SV0 was found  it be contaminating the polio vaccine because of the tissue culture cells the virus was grown in.  Since 1963 the polio vaccine was SV40  free. A 35 year study found NO difference  the cancer rates in people getting the vaccine pre or post 1963.  I haven't read papers on the details of the vaccine, but the presence of SV40 promoters in the vaccine  could be possible.  Promoters are the  molecular " on/off switches" for genes. The SV0 promoter could be used to make sure that enough of the  COVID  spike protein is produced to elicit an immune response.

Promoters are short DNA sequence that bind to ribosomes which produce the protein. They do not contain the  protein sequence that produce SV40 proteins.

The articles shown above are NOT peer reviewed journals.  I have a Phd in Molecular biology and actually grew SV40 in tissue culture cells approximately 35 years ago for  a proof of concept of a technique that I developed to be able to map DNA replication origins.  I apologize if anything I said above  is incorrect, but time and a stroke may have  blurred  some parts of my memory.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Wacka said:

SV40 was the first virus sequenced. It is asymptomatic in Rhesus monkeys, although can cause tumors in rats and guinea pigs. Before  1963 SV0 was found  it be contaminating the polio vaccine because of the tissue culture cells the virus was grown in.  Since 1963 the polio vaccine was SV40  free. A 35 year study found NO difference  the cancer rates in people getting the vaccine pre or post 1963.  I haven't read papers on the details of the vaccine, but the presence of SV40 promoters in the vaccine  could be possible.  Promoters are the  molecular " on/off switches" for genes. The SV0 promoter could be used to make sure that enough of the  COVID  spike protein is produced to elicit an immune response.

Promoters are short DNA sequence that bind to ribosomes which produce the protein. They do not contain the  protein sequence that produce SV40 proteins.

The articles shown above are NOT peer reviewed journals.  I have a Phd in Molecular biology and actually grew SV40 in tissue culture cells approximately 35 years ago for  a proof of concept of a technique that I developed to be able to map DNA replication origins.  I apologize if anything I said above  is incorrect, but time and a stroke may have  blurred  some parts of my memory.

I was going to post the EXACT same thing but the Holiday Inn Express was completely booked last night. 😉

Seriously, very interesting Wacka! I’m amazed at how much we’ve come to know about how all of this ‘stuff’ works. I’m also guessing there’s a lot that we still don’t know.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/18/2023 at 8:55 PM, JaCrispy said:

You probably still think there are WMD’s in Iraq, and are holding out hope because that’s what the government told you…😉

telling story about this:  I flew into International Falls Minnesota to fish at the very beginning of that war.  A Canadian  driver picked me up to take me to the boat livery to eventually get to the cabins on that side of Rainy Lake.  He was prob 20.  We were talking about the war and he said he could explain it in 3 letters:  O-I-L.  I congratulated him on his wisdom.  I remember my wife being overtaken by the "patriotic" emotion of the "shock and awe" and debating the merits of the war with her.  She saw reason within a week...

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I was going to post the EXACT same thing but the Holiday Inn Express was completely booked last night. 😉

Seriously, very interesting Wacka! I’m amazed at how much we’ve come to know about how all of this ‘stuff’ works. I’m also guessing there’s a lot that we still don’t know.

ya think?  otherwise Virology would be the equivalent of a dead language...

5 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

telling story about this:  I flew into International Falls Minnesota to fish at the very beginning of that war.  A Canadian  driver picked me up to take me to the boat livery to eventually get to the cabins on that side of Rainy Lake.  He was prob 20.  We were talking about the war and he said he could explain it in 3 letters:  O-I-L.  I congratulated him on his wisdom.  I remember my wife being overtaken by the "patriotic" emotion of the "shock and awe" and debating the merits of the war with her.  She saw reason within a week...

Yup…And in all fairness, I fell for it too…I was young and dumb, and still riding the adrenaline of 9/11…

Around 2005, I got fed up with the BS and turned against the first president I ever voted for…

To this day I credit the George W administration for enlightening me to the never ending corruption of the US government, that unfortunately continued on after W…

You see, it’s ok to be misled, and get something wrong- but we make ourselves into fools if we hold onto our partisan ways, knowing something is not right…👍

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/18/2023 at 11:05 PM, Wacka said:

I'm familiar with SV40 promoters, but I have no real hands on experience.  So Wacka would be an expert in this particular field whereas another molecular biologist like myself is not. I'm conversant at best. At least this is the way it used to be prior to March 2020....

This is now 2023, everyone's an expert on anything they want to be just by saying so. Just like you can switch your sex by wishing it. Its all in your mind man!

So when charlatans like @ChiGoose bloviate all day about the law and how nobody understands it like him, I say ***** you dude!  Your rules, everyone's an expert in everything now....

• Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Yup…And in all fairness, I fell for it too…I was young and dumb, and still riding the adrenaline of 9/11…

Around 2005, I got fed up with the BS and turned against the first president I ever voted for…

To this day I credit the George W administration for enlightening me to the never ending corruption of the US government, that unfortunately continued on after W…

You see, it’s ok to be misled, and get something wrong- but we make ourselves into fools if we hold onto our partisan ways, knowing something is not right…👍

there is a happy place between naivete'and cynicism...but I respect your honesty.

perhaps this would help https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20230614-how-a-dose-of-mdma-transformed-a-white-supremacist

6 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

I'm familiar with SV40 promoters, but I have no real hands on experience.  So Wacka would be an expert in this particular field whereas another molecular biologist like myself is not. I'm conversant at best. At least this is the way it used to be prior to March 2020....

This is now 2023, everyone's an expert on anything they want to be just by saying so. Just like you can switch your sex by wishing it. Its all in your mind man!

So when charlatans like @ChiGoose bloviate all day about the law and how nobody understands it like him, I say ***** you dude!  Your rules, everyone's an expert in everything now....

maybe you should read what he writes and verify/disprove it for yourself..."do your own research"

Edited by redtail hawk

23 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

interesting as we are still supporting wars, that are really about Energy.

1 minute ago, Chris farley said:

interesting as we are still supporting wars, that are really about Energy.

in fairness, at that time, Oil was an even more vital global commodity.  hmmm...wonder why alternative energy sources have advanced so little since then.

On 6/18/2023 at 10:42 PM, JaCrispy said:

specifics pls.  Link a scientific paper...

9 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

in fairness, at that time, Oil was an even more vital global commodity.  hmmm...wonder why alternative energy sources have advanced so little since then.

oil, natural gas?

Maybe cause they keep failing?

wait for the water wars. 

3 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

or maybe because big oil keeps reinvesting the vast majority of their profits in stock buybacks rather than alternative energy.  cue @sherpa

the rest of the world get it, they are building nukes. Us and the EU keep using tech that fails with weather.

Here are where the nuke plants are being built for the next decade, while we invest in failed tech.

https://www.world-nuclear.org/information-library/current-and-future-generation/plans-for-new-reactors-worldwide.aspx

countries developing nuke

https://www.world-nuclear.org/information-library/country-profiles/others/emerging-nuclear-energy-countries.aspx

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

Still waking up thinking about me? 🥰🥰🥰🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

22 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

the rest of the world get it, they are building nukes. Us and the EU keep using tech that fails with weather.

Here are where the nuke plants are being built for the next decade, while we invest in failed tech.

https://www.world-nuclear.org/information-library/current-and-future-generation/plans-for-new-reactors-worldwide.aspx

countries developing nuke

https://www.world-nuclear.org/information-library/country-profiles/others/emerging-nuclear-energy-countries.aspx

Nuclear and Hydrogen power make more sense  and upgrade the power grid . In the meantime leave natural gas alone.

• Like (+1) 1

this may well be the next pandemic.  Bugs with AMR that can't be effectively treated:

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/4052215-antimicrobial-resistance-will-be-worse-than-covid-we-have-to-act-now/

I sat on the "Evidence based Medicine" committee for the system I last worked in.  We talked a bit (not enough) about this.  Our system data showed midlevels (NP's, PA's) as the worst offenders for overprescribing antibiotics.  No one wanted to address it but me.  They are cheap to employ and make too much money for the systems to be reigned in.  Prescribing antibiotics for minor viral illnesses is a good marketing strategy🤐.  Patients want to leave an appointment with a script.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Too bad Jay wasn't the advisor instead of Teflon Tony.  And yet some morons still blame Trump for all the missteps of the "experts."

I don't blame him for that.  I blame him for distracting us with such things as Lysol-to-organ advocacy, and for not supporting the use of masks to help keep our economy functional.  I also blame others for following his "advice" with respect to the efficacy of things like HCQ as COVID treatments. 

On 6/25/2023 at 5:09 PM, B-Man said:

Hoax. 

"The liberty secured by the Constitution of the United States does not import an absolute right in each person to be at all times, and in all circumstances, wholly freed from restraint, nor is it an element in such liberty that one person, or a minority of persons residing in any community and enjoying the benefits of its local government, should have power to dominate the majority when supported in their action by the authority of the State."

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I don't blame him for that.  I blame him for distracting us with such things as Lysol-to-organ advocacy, and for not supporting the use of masks to help keep our economy functional.  I also blame others for following his "advice" with respect to the efficacy of things like HCQ as COVID treatments.

Hoax.  No one was "distracted" by Lysol or HCQ.  There was no treatment for Wuhan virus at the time so there was nothing to distract from.  That's just dumb.

24 minutes ago, Doc said:

Hoax.  No one was "distracted" by Lysol or HCQ.  There was no treatment for Wuhan virus at the time so there was nothing to distract from.  That's just dumb.

Distraction incoming. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12289007/Scientist-denounced-Covid-lab-leak-theory-said-privately-highly-likely.html

Many people were distracted by the common sense analysis of the proximity of a lab specializing in infectious disease, the outbreak of a virus in a country known for secrecy and human rights violations, concerns over US involvement in said lab, the introduction of 'wet markets' into everyday lexicon of American life (the 2020 version of slippage) ...and the knowledge that some science guys straddled the line between politics, knowledge and medicine.

It's tough to trust people when they prove themselves untrustworthy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Distraction incoming. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12289007/Scientist-denounced-Covid-lab-leak-theory-said-privately-highly-likely.html

Many people were distracted by the common sense analysis of the proximity of a lab specializing in infectious disease, the outbreak of a virus in a country known for secrecy and human rights violations, concerns over US involvement in said lab, the introduction of 'wet markets' into everyday lexicon of American life (the 2020 version of slippage) ...and the knowledge that some science guys straddled the line between politics, knowledge and medicine.

Wow.  Is that Hans Christian Anderson?  He wrote fairy tales, too.  Know nothing about the guy other than what you posted.  Has he recanted?  Has he apologized?  If this is true, he should.

edit:  Looks like he made his opinions known to a house committee a couple days ago

https://oversight.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/Testimony-of-Dr.-Kristian-Andersen.pdf

Edited by redtail hawk

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Distraction incoming. 

Well to be fair, the origins of Wuhan virus wouldn't have changed how people dealt with it either.  That was more for assigning blame.

Edited by Doc

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Well to be fair, the origins of Wuhan virus wouldn't have changed how people dealt with it either.  That was more for assigning blame.

You guys remind me of some of the newly minted docs I worked with:  making a diagnosis with out ever pulling back the sheet and the hospital gown.  Hans Christian Anderson is a prime example.

Edited by redtail hawk

4 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

You guys remind me of some of the newly minted docs I worked with:  making a diagnosis with out ever pulling back the sheet and the hospital gown.  Hans Christian Anderson is a prime example.

I just got over a case of gout. The doctor didn’t even think to  pull back the sheet or hospital gown. 😉 (maybe I should ask for refund)