The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

I just got here..................three straight pages of actual discussion................It is refreshing............and informative..........than

it was nice, and informative

6 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Still nothing meaningful to show for the 3.5 years of his presidency, and still too many campaign hoaxes.  I’m sorry that you support a loser.  I wish it was different, but it’s not.  I like winners. 

as said, no  need to devolve into this, this is a COVID thread..plenty of places to place our anti Trump messages..notice i said OUR!

6 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Says the guy on a Bills message board. ?

Double middle finger emoji!

3 hours ago, shoshin said:

It's not "skewing." NYC is America just like Milan is Italy. 

We've come so far since the way we were together on 9-11, when no American would have thought, "Those 3000 people don't statistically count because they are downstate." 

as you said later, problem is people in leadership are basing their   decisions  on "national data"..we are absolutly  all Americans. we need to do what we can to help and curtail the virus in NYC, just may be different than the rest of the country

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Dude , image who i follow on twitterr and what shows up in my timeline...not pretty right now as i push this very idea.

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Yeah, you'd almost think some countries had a better response than others.

Possibly so or at least it could appear that way; but with any statistic there are countless variables that may or may apply.

Things such as larger populations, higher population density, underlying health issues of the areas of breakouts, frequency of international travel etc. 

What they don't mention is that Texas reported a massive increase in testing in the 2 days they are referencing (almost double)..... That means this likely isn't a spike in cases, but just a spike in cases being identified. That's a good thing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

What they don't mention is that Texas reported a massive increase in testing in the 2 days they are referencing (almost double)..... That means this likely isn't a spike in cases, but just a spike in cases being identified. That's a good thing.

Good call ; I’ve noticed these misleading headlines in newspapers and on newspaper and tv news websites. It’s all part of the narrative. Testing ( the media’s new reason for prolonging lockdowns) has ramped up quite a bit lately and is clearly driving new data. Most areas have plenty of tests now even for asymptomatic individuals, but you wouldn’t know it by following the LSM. That’s by design, of course. Even with the ramped up testing, it’s going to be difficult to meet Cuomo’s onerous benchmarks in NY. The media isn’t helping that either. Erie county is actually begging for people to get tested. We are about 300 people per day short of hitting Cuomo’s marks. Antibody testing isn’t even part of his formula. The local news websites headlines are all about where to get an antibody test, and proclaiming they are now available. It requires some digging to find info on getting a PCR test , and that’s the test that Erie County needs more people to go and get if they are to reopen the County. The media is once again complicit in this. 

• Like (+1) 3

2https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.27.20081893v1?fbclid=IwAR0CJ_E7H7AMA-6-AfdHiIDlEQquczQEDGjXBrLJBYhMsu_nMI4FVvHU9Jc

As severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) spreads, the susceptible subpopulation is depleted causing the rate at which new cases occur to decline. Variation in individual susceptibility or exposure to infection exacerbates this effect. Individuals that are frailer, and therefore more susceptible or more exposed, have higher probabilities of being infected, depleting the susceptible subpopulation of those who are at higher risk of infection, and thus intensifying the deceleration in occurrence of new cases. Eventually, susceptible numbers become low enough to prevent epidemic growth or, in other words, herd immunity is attained. Although estimates vary, it is currently believed that herd immunity to SARS-CoV-2 requires 60-70% of the population to be immune. Here we show that variation in susceptibility or exposure to infection can reduce these estimates. Achieving accurate estimates of heterogeneity for SARS-CoV-2 is therefore of paramount importance in controlling the COVID-19 pandemic.

We're seeing this in Montreal where areas that were hit are no longer getting hit hard again.  

@Hapless Bills Fan

Edited by meazza

You may recall how I posted that the Covid story had played itself out. I woke up this morning to find it was the twelfth thread down the list. So I guess I’m posting here to give it a little bump. How’s that for irony?

This morning the death count was below 10 in something like 20 states, with half of those having none at all. (Thank goodness.)

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

You may recall how I posted that the Covid story had played itself out. I woke up this morning to find it was the twelfth thread down the list. So I guess I’m posting here to give it a little bump. How’s that for irony?

This morning the death count was below 10 in something like 20 states, with half of those having none at all. (Thank goodness.)

The cure has always been worse than the disease.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thank you Donald Trump!!

Hey if they can be dummies for laying all the blame at his feet I can be a dummy and give him credit right?  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

The cure has always been worse than the disease.

The really odd part is that now that we actually know something about how and who this virus attacks and is especially dangerous to, we’re hearing virtually NOTHING from anyone in control. It’s as if they’re all doing a collective ‘my bad’ in hopes that the general public will forget about it while planting their tomatoes.

10 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Good call ; I’ve noticed these misleading headlines in newspapers and on newspaper and tv news websites. It’s all part of the narrative. Testing ( the media’s new reason for prolonging lockdowns) has ramped up quite a bit lately and is clearly driving new data. Most areas have plenty of tests now even for asymptomatic individuals, but you wouldn’t know it by following the LSM. 

Name calling like this just hurts the cause..it hurts Trump too. 

11 hours ago, shoshin said:

This is the google project. Doing lots of testing and cost is free if you’re symptom free. 

http://projectbaseline.com/study/covid-19

signed up, doing it tomorrow. Not looking to get that swap shoved halfway down my throat via my nasal cavity, but i will do for love of country!

• Like (+1) 2