The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

Most people paying attention realize China is pretty much a sewer. 

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I could care less about China or their future. It isn't my nation. Last I checked, they are a massive problem worldwide.

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

At the time did you agree with him and accept it at face value, disagree, or do a little investigating of your own to reach a conclusion ?

I let it play out, and if I felt a need to look into it later I left the possibility open.  I believe I was actually here when he said it, and posted that I felt it was a blunder that could come back to haunt him.  

Just now, Reality Check said:

I could care less about China or their future. It isn't my nation. Last I checked, they are a massive problem worldwide.

WTF dude it was just an fyi, which means if it doesn't interest you, then ignore it.  

I let it play out, and if I felt a need to look into it later I left the possibility open.  I believe I was actually here when he said it, and posted that I felt it was a blunder that could come back to haunt him.  

I doubt that it would come back to haunt him ( largely inconsequential) , but again just my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Yes, I agree, fresh air is good.... so get rid of this nonsensical rule and let people breath fresh air!

I've been in a room with 60 other people wearing masks hours on end for 2 years, and not one person passed out or had Co2 'poisoning'.  I get it you don't like masks, but why you trying to troll job me on that.  

Also I guess some of you don't like China either, but you can chill the **** out too

2 hours ago, Reality Check said:

Funny how our entire country can be economically smashed based on anecdotal evidence, but anecdotal evidence isn't good enough to reopen the economy.

There's actual evidence that the shutdown is destroying the economy. 

If it was anecdotal only, it would be questionable. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I doubt that it would come back to haunt him ( largely inconsequential) , but again just my opinion. 

Me either, but I was just pointing out he didn't need to say it.

11 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Yes, I agree, fresh air is good.... so get rid of this nonsensical rule and let people breath fresh air!

She was driving while wearing her mask? I'm sorry for her but umm...

• Like (+1) 1

why you trying to troll job me on that.

If you don't like to debate people with opposing views, you are definitely on the wrong website. So far it's looking like you're the troll on here....

1 minute ago, Cinga said:

If you don't like to debate people with opposing views, you are definitely on the wrong website. So far it's looking like you're the troll on here....

Because I was only 98% right.  GTFO

Just now, shoshin said:

She was driving while wearing her mask? I'm sorry for her but umm...

I know, my thoughts too but in MD if you listen to dear governor, he makes it sound like you have to wear a mask just to walk outside. This woman took that literally... 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cinga said:

wow.... way to turn that completely around... 

Lol, true. You know, a couple weeks ago one of the local radio stations had an interview with a doctor about masks. He didn’t really sound all that sold on their actual effectiveness ( except N95) but more on the mental side. He said the main thing about them is that they “ remind people of what’s going on an maybe keep us a little further away from others” even if they cause us to touch our face etc. The interviewer then enthusiastically stated the virtues of everyone wearing masks. A few minutes later, another doctor was asked about gloves and they said most people don’t know how to use them properly or dispose of them. The immediate conclusion to the populace ? “ don’t wear gloves , just wash your hands ! “. Bottom line: it’s about control. Most people ( not HC professionals, obviously)

aren't used to wearing masks so it makes them feel out of control and hyper-alert. Keep the people afraid, very afraid and turn them into sheeple. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Report from the front:

1.  On our many walks I’m noticing a vast majority of the people are not wearing masks out in wide open spaces.  That number is down quite a bit.  

2.  I would like to to a social experiment to see why type of person, what type of personality, what type of upbringing prompts people to choose to or not to wear a mask out in public.  Mostly wide open spaces. 

3.  Saw a homeless person. We don’t see many in this part of SoCal. Anyway It got me to thinking. It’s quite interesting that a government that prefers we stay at home and use precautions to protect the health of others appears to have no problem with tens of thousands of people living, peeing and pooping on the streets that are a major threat to, you got it, the health of others. 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Cinga said:

wow.... way to turn that completely around... 

No that's precisely what you did.  Asked a question, received the facts, then proceeded to already know the facts. 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Report from the front:

1.  On our many walks I’m noticing a vast majority of the people are not wearing masks out in wide open spaces.  That number is down quite a bit. 

2.  Saw a homeless person. We don’t see many in this part of SoCal. Anyway It got me to thinking. It’s quite interesting that a government that prefers we stay at home and use precautions to protect the health of others appears to have no problem with tens of thousands of people living, peeing and pooping on the streets that are a major threat to, you got it, the health of others. 

But, but those peeing poopers have like rights and, like liberties you know? Those rights and liberties must be protected ! They must........errrrrrrrrrr. 

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

No that's precisely what you did.  Asked a question, received the facts, then proceeded to already know the facts. 

you gave no "facts", you gave your opinion

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Keep the people afraid, very afraid and turn them into sheeple. 

Yup, but as long as people are afraid, their immunity system stays low so your body energy focuses to fight or flight again, causing more problems.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Magox said:

Very interesting.   Now it quotes anonymous sources and we know that the media is often times full of it when they quote these supposed sources with that said this was interesting from that article:

———

The Post reported that Birx and others feared that the CDC's statistics on mortality rate and case counts were inflated by up to 25%.

Birx later told The Post in a statement that "mortality is slowly declining each day."

————-

According to the article she was upset with the CDC.   

Birx our of the entire health team is the one I trust the most.  

I want to expand on this a little bit.   I keep hearing through different outlets that our death count is being underreported.   There has been very simple research where they compare this years death count to previous years and they extrapolate a cursory conclusion that COVID deaths are not being reported correctly due to the variance in deaths.   

To call that a hastily conducted conclusion would be an understatement.   First, there is no way to conclude that the variance in death is due to COVID.   Secondly, we know for a fact that there are significant amount of people who are not getting the cancer and heart related treatments that they need.  We aren’t talking about some marginal number we are talking about estimates of in between 30-60% less reported cases.   There are experts here in the US that believe that we may be seeing more deaths due to these issues than the virus itself.  Research paper out of Australia concluded that they saw more deaths due to this than the virus itself.

It very well may be that this is not the case that there are more residually related deaths of COVID than the virus itself but I would be willing to wager that it is not a statistically insignificant number.

Birx early on held her tongue but indirectly made the case early on that the ventilator shortage drama that was playing out with the governors and media was being overstated, even though it was heresy to publicly outright say it at the time.

So when she says that she believes that deaths may be overstated by 25%, then I think there is probably a pretty decent chance that she is right.   I would love to see more granular data on the subsets of mortality but personally speaking, my intuition based off the immediate data that I have seen leads me to a similar conclusion.  

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Cinga said:

you gave no "facts", you gave your opinion

Even if it were true that it was my opinion, you might be wise to take the advice of someone who's been around people wearing masks 250,000 times more than an internet meme.