The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

9 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

No worries, this is about fairness and equity for a previously victimized group subset required to follow private sector rules.   Plus, let’s be fair, a good actor can certainly play the part of not passing on the COVID. 

“This is about leveling the playing field and making sure the rules apply equally to everyone who is a performer, no matter where you’re from,” said the person, who requested anonymity to speak freely about a proposal before it is announced. “The last administration created special carveouts that specifically hurt New York businesses and independent venues.”

On 3/14/2022 at 12:51 PM, Chef Jim said:

So what should have happened is that instead of political talking heads that 50% of the population will never agree with telling people (mainly fat people) to get vaccinated.   This should have come from the medical community and I'm not talking Dr Fauci.  I'm talking about people's personal physician...if they have one.  My doctor told me a few years ago that I needed to get my vitamin D levels up.  He told me, in a very understandable way, why this was important.  I have bloodwork done twice an year and that was the area (along with my A1C) that he really focused on.  Well guess what.  My D levels have been great for a couple years now.  So here's a question for all of you.  How hard did your PCP push you to get the vaccine?  Mine didn't. Before I got it he asked and I said "no".  All he told me was that the vaccine was very safe.  He never told me about why I SHOULD get it.  He only told me why I SHOULDN'T be afraid of getting it.  I wasn't afraid.  I had other reasons.  But the bottom line is he never had a real personal conversation with me regarding it. 

This is an interesting point.  My family of five has used the same medical group for about the past 20 years.   Our collective health has been good—no significant issues, weight good relative to height, etc.  The practice is very popular on this side of our town. 

There was no outreach whatsoever to encourage safe behavior during the era of COVID, no emails, no postcards, no recorded auto dials, no nothing.  

That makes me wonder why—with industry after industry giving back to help people with the pandemic, why wasn’t the department of health mandating action to educate and slow the spread?  

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This is an interesting point.  My family of five has used the same medical group for about the past 20 years.   Our collective health has been good—no significant issues, weight good relative to height, etc.  The practice is very popular on this side of our town. 

There was no outreach whatsoever to encourage safe behavior during the era of COVID, no emails, no postcards, no recorded auto dials, no nothing.  

That makes me wonder why—with industry after industry giving back to help people with the pandemic, why wasn’t the department of health mandating action to educate and slow the spread?  

Given this was a situation where a virus was "politicized" we got some unusual outcomes and messaging  One novel revelation was for the first time in history medical science discovered that sick and old people and others with compromised immune systems are more likely to die when they become infected by some viral or bacterial organism.  Who could have expected that? 

That and for having the most expensive and complex health care system in the world the U.S. experienced more deaths per capita than 3rd world countries that had much less.  Which either shows how inefficient our system was in addressing the pandemic or it reflects the overall poor health of Americans.  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 2

On 3/24/2022 at 5:45 AM, SoCal Deek said:

Just as I predicted …the USA passed the 1,000,000 Covid death milestone yesterday. Let’s see if the media even mentions it now that Joe’s in charge. 

Unbelievable! Not even a national moment of silence. You cannot tell me this was anything more than political opportunism. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 3/24/2022 at 8:45 AM, SoCal Deek said:

Just as I predicted …the USA passed the 1,000,000 Covid death milestone yesterday. Let’s see if the media even mentions it now that Joe’s in charge. 

Imagine if Trump had been re-elected?  It would have likely lead almost every newscast. 

• Agree 1

This x 10^6.

I have said this from early on. "The Science" isn't "experts" telling you what is and what will happen with complete certainty in the middle of an unfolding pandemic.

Scientists wearing their politician hats do this.

Most, if not all, research begins with acknowledging uncertainty.

AMEN.

• Thank you (+1) 2

20 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Unbelievable! Not even a national moment of silence. You cannot tell me this was anything more than political opportunism. 

Couldn’t be more correct. If Trump was still President , Dems would have held an all day vigil, carried live by CNN and the big 3 networks. 

1 hour ago, DRsGhost said:

This x 10^6.

I have said this from early on. "The Science" isn't "experts" telling you what is and what will happen with complete certainty in the middle of an unfolding pandemic.

AMEN.

Science often begins with uncertainty and often ens with less uncertainty but uncertainty nonetheless.

As I’ve said science is littered with “we think…..” instead of “without a doubt” 

1 hour ago, DRsGhost said:

This x 10^6.

AMEN.

The "science" that tells you that non-N95 masks prevent spread of the disease, or that 6 feet is the proper social distance, or lockdowns are the key, or HCQ suddenly became the deadliest drug ever once Trump mentioned it, so that it could not even be tried to help with a plague that had no other treatments. 

28 minutes ago, Doc said:

The "science" that tells you that non-N95 masks prevent spread of the disease, or that 6 feet is the proper social distance, or lockdowns are the key, or HCQ suddenly became the deadliest drug ever once Trump mentioned it, so that it could not even be tried to help with a plague that had no other treatments. 

Or that Covid is stronger after 10pm or weaker once you arrive at your restaurant table. Weaker at the beach until you lay down. It’s weaker if you build your restaurant in the parking lot but will kill you in the old dining room.  Yadda yadda yadda. 

Can someone resurrect George Carlin please. 

48 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Science often begins with uncertainty and often ens with less uncertainty but uncertainty nonetheless.

As I’ve said science is littered with “we think…..” instead of “without a doubt” 

An unfolding pandemic in real time should have experts always preceeding their comments with "I think...."  ""my best guess right now.."  and ended with "but as always we will have to see where the data leads us..."

There's a ton of foundational "with very little doubt" understanding that informs the above.

Because science is process and not experts speaking from on high with the "truth." It's  governed by a method that every last one of us learned about in school.

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Couldn’t be more correct. If Trump was still President , Dems would have held an all day vigil, carried live by CNN and the big 3 networks. 

What’s really sad is that one million Americans have died and the media suddenly cannot be bothered. The Oscars are tomorrow night…have to get ready for that of course…yawn.

Everything was by design.  

I don't need to rehash all of the "why." 

But in the end, what we do know is our response was collectively the most chicken ***t Un-American response imaginable - it was so bad they've convinced far too many people it's ok to go to war with Russia even if it involves nukes just so we can try and forget asap the devesation they caused here:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Keep on telling yourselves Russia is the number 1 threat to the U.S.

Much of Shanghai locked down as mass COVID-19 testing begins

Shanghai's Pudong financial district and nearby areas will be locked down from early Monday to Friday as citywide mass testing gets underway, the local government said. In the second phase of the lockdown, the vast downtown area west of the Huangpu River that divides the city will then start its own five-day lockdown Friday.

Residents will be required to stay home and deliveries will be left at checkpoints to ensure there is no contact with the outside world. Offices and all businesses not considered essential will be closed and public transport suspended.

China has reported more than 56,000 infections nationwide this month, with a surging outbreak in the northeastern province of Jilin accounting for most of them. Shanghai has had relatively few of those cases, with just 47 recorded Saturday.

But in response to China's biggest outbreak in two years, Beijing has continued to enforce what it calls the "dynamic zero-COVID" approach, calling that the most economical and effective prevention strategy against COVID-19

https://apnews.com/article/covid-business-health-china-beijing-b406df3a0113b9be99273324fec2c12e

It's China and the useful idiots in our own country that can't tell you what a woman is that are our biggest threat.  

8 hours ago, BillStime said:

SHOCKED

April 2021 to March 2022 - hahahahaha 

Why those dates??  Is that when the dots align nicely for the low infos to absorb?  

What's the data PRE VACCINE AVAILABILITY and IN TOTAL since 2020? 

Death Rates since the beginning of this sham:

#5 is New Jersey

#9 is Michigan

#10 is New York

#16 is Florida

Your data is hot garbage.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Has anyone else noticed this?  We flew to Hawaii yesterday. On the plane they said the CDC says to prevent the spread of germs……. And at the hotel there were CDC fliers up that said to prevent the spread of germs……. 

Germs?   Since when did this all turn into protecting each other from germs?  So the CDC has now become germaphobic??  😡

• Like (+1) 2