The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Sounds like you're coming down with a case of Biden Derangement Syndrome. 

Don't deflect, deal with your issues.

Just as an aside: Biden Derangement Syndrome? Really? Very weak, unoriginal, and, even if you set aside how lame it is, it is not even applicable in the instances you use it. 

Do better.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You asked a specific question, I asked why you asked. You can't understand that?? ?

This is exhausting: YOU posted ‘anyone who wants a test can get a test?’ The obvious response to YOUR question is to ask if you were denied a test. I’m done. Not one of your better days Tibs.

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Why would you support someone who holds thinly-veiled Klan rallies?  Very disturbing, old timer. 

I know you’re being sarcastic but  @BillStime was not and he  never did offer photo or video proof of the thousands of people in Nazi regalia and flashing white supremacy signs at Trump rallies. 

15 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I didn’t ask....you did. Read your own post. It was a question.

Tibs hates questions. 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Anybody that wants a test can get a test? 

Trump's lies during the pandemic are a new low even for him 

I’d say they probably can. I called NYS DOHC for test on Monday, scheduled for Tuesday. Went to drive thru testing site- was done and out in 5 minutes. I have insurance, but it’s not required at this site. Got results yesterday , so 48 hours. Have another test scheduled for next week, seems like there are more tests than people seeking them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I’d say they probably can. I called NYS DOHC for test on Monday, scheduled for Tuesday. Went to drive thru testing site- was done and out in 5 minutes. I have insurance, but it’s not required at this site. Got results yesterday , so 48 hours. Have another test scheduled for next week, seems like there are more tests than people seeking them. 

So, how are you!?

55 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Dr. John Ross, a professor at Harvard Medical School, pointed out that all but one of the top 10 counties that saw the largest increases voted for President Donald Trump in 2016. 

And the area hit hardest by Covid 19 in the entire world voted overwhelmingly for Hillary Clinton in 2016. What are we to glean from that ? 

18 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Same. Took the Google-owned Project Baseline test as well as the Quest antibody test this week (Monday and yesterday respectively). Waited no more than one day. No doctor's RX needed. I live in a populated area so it's probably easier for me but still pretty trivial finally. 

My experience with each in case anyone is interested. I did them both out of slight boredom and curiosity over a mild cold-flu that made it through our house in Feb.

I took the Project Baseline test (tests for active infection) by signing up online and reporting to a local Rite Aid. Went to the drive-through. They push a little package out to me with a swab, vial, and wipe. Open the swab, shove it into nose and swab each side for 15 seconds. Drop it into the tube and wipe things down with wipe. Got result by email in 4 days. Free.

Quest antibody was a little different. Cost was $130 and signed up online. Showing up at Quest, there are signs everywhere that there are active people being tested so that's nice(!). I checked in by flashing a QR code at a scanner and was able to sit outside in my car until they were ready. I got a text and walked directly in to a patient room. Drew two vials of blood. I had to sign (!!!!) a bleached e-pen but otherwise no contact with hands. I was inside for no more than 5 minutes, and probably closer to 3. Got results in 20 hours by email. 

Both negative unfortunately--was hoping for the antibody one to be positive!

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

So, how are you!?

Results were negative: not detected. I don’t have any symptoms, just trying to help out w testing in Erie County. They’ve been testing asymptomatics for a few weeks now. Waiting in antibody results, but those are not part of Quomo benchmarks. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

And the area hit hardest by Covid 19 in the entire world voted overwhelmingly for Hillary Clinton in 2016. What are we to glean from that ? 

The virus doesn't care what your politics are. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Results were negative: not detected. I don’t have any symptoms, just trying to help out w testing in Erie County. They’ve been testing asymptomatics for a few weeks now. Waiting in antibody results, but those are not part of Quomo benchmarks. 

That's funny. My mom did the same thing. She says Poloncranz or whatever his name is is doing a lot of "wink-wink" encouragement for people to get tested for this reason. It doesn't affect my area. We have some serious BS arbitrary number to meet. A single B word of a metric. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Promising preliminary in vitro lab experimental result. Sounds like it's one of several approaches they hope to combine in a Covid cocktail. 

of course i was being facetious, but article is promising, good news if true...and these things can be introduced so much quicker than typical "vaccine" . AI baby..been saying it since the start of this crisis...new ways of doing things

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

So, how are you!?

I took test on Monday just trying to get the VA test numbers up, percentage of positives down. And guess what,,it worked!!!

My day today consists of golfing at 11:30, start drinking back 9, Uber to  a local establishment here that has a great outdoor bar scene( yes, have a reservations)..meeting buddy there..cant wait to to PAY for a beer and ogle young ladies who find us totally disgusting old men again!!!! Hopefully make it to 10PM..Uber home!

Wife has just departed to go to VA Beach and has lunch reservations with her Mom...

VA is open baby!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

So, how are you!?

And thanks for asking, btw. Just wanted to dispel this narrative that is still out there about testing. Not enough tests, etc. sports  talk show hosts still mention when talking about leagues starting up that they have to figure out testing without taking tests away from the public. That may have been an issue at one time, but not anymore. There are plenty of tests. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

I took test on Monday just trying to get the VA test numbers up, percentage of positives down. And guess what,,it worked!!!

My day today consists of golfing at 11:30, start drinking back 9, Uber to  a local establishment here that has a great outdoor bar scene( yes, have a reservations)..meeting buddy there..cant wait to to PAY for a beer and ogle young ladies who find us totally disgusting old men again!!!! Hopefully make it to 10PM..Uber home!

Wife has just departed to go to VA Beach and has lunch reservations with her Mom...

VA is open baby!!!!!!!!!

I wish Erie County was open. ?  I may have to go take a test and have hubby do so so we can get the positive percentages down, too.

Glad you are ok and out goofin' and drinkin'. ? 

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I may have to go take a test to get the positive percentage down. That is a great idea. ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Anybody that wants a test can get a test? 

Trump's lies during the pandemic are a new low even for him 

Tibs where do you live? There are literally 3 drive in spots within 20 minutes of my house set up by the state, I really think you should move you will be happier.

35 minutes ago, GG said:

Yeah, when you go from 1 case to 4, the growth rate is astronomical.

Have you been called an idiot today yet?

He's as big of a moron as you get.  And the people who "liked" his post are equally as moronic.

38 minutes ago, GG said:

Yeah, when you go from 1 case to 4, the growth rate is astronomical.

The smallest increase appeared to be in Kenosha, WI, which went up over 200 cases. Most of those places weren't small increases. 

Other problems with the data as I noted but it being tiny numbers wasn't one of them. 

4 minutes ago, shoshin said:

The smallest increase appeared to be in Kenosha, WI, which went up over 200 cases. Most of those places weren't small increases. 

Other problems with the data as I noted but it being tiny numbers wasn't one of them. 

You mean like listing Kenosha as rural, without acknowledging its proximity to Chicago?   

Made for a great story though to the moron base.

Ok, so after thinking about it, Erie County has a list of places to get a test. Kaleida has a bot that tells you where you can go for COVID-19, plenty of appointments. The place nearest me has open appointments all afternoon (and plenty more after that).

These are listed as having the antibody test.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
weird coding got inserted

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Dr. John Ross, a professor at Harvard Medical School, pointed out that all but one of the top 10 counties that saw the largest increases voted for President Donald Trump in 2016. 

Largest increase as a percentage which is not the same as increase in numbers, therefore your statement is incomplete or incorrect. The baseball version would be compare a 40 win team that wins 50 the next year to a 78 win team  that moves to 94 wins and  saying the 40 win team improved more.

9 minutes ago, GG said:

You mean like listing Kenosha as rural, without acknowledging its proximity to Chicago?   

Who said it was rural? The guy who Tweeted it just said they voted for Trump, and the original slide, which appears to be an internal admin doc, didn't say anything about it being rural. 

56 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Nonsense! Stay on your house! Keep sheltering! We’ve got a country to ruin!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Who said it was rural? The guy who Tweeted it just said they voted for Trump, and the original slide, which appears to be an internal admin doc, didn't say anything about it being rural. 

Uhhm, the headline of the article that the idiot linked?

Leaked White House data shows infections spiking more than 1,000% in rural areas that backed Trump

Re-reading something I wrote decades ago and I quote from a Buffalo Newspaper in the 1860's where they call slavery a "virus" that infects the political system. 

Strange, they did not know what viruses were back then! So I wonder what they thought they were. 

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Largest increase as a percentage which is not the same as increase in numbers, therefore your statement is incomplete or incorrect. The baseball version would be compare a 40 win team that wins 50 the next year to a 78 win team  that moves to 94 wins and  saying the 40 win team improved more.

Percentages are real, though. They show trends 

32 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Tibs where do you live? There are literally 3 drive in spots within 20 minutes of my house set up by the state, I really think you should move you will be happier.

Why does that matter? 

That has nothing to do with Trump claiming everyone can be tested. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I doubt the numbers are as low as 640K. I know, Chinese people should wear masks. That will prevent it! <_< (Yes, that is sarcasm as many Chinese have worn masks as part of daily life for almost 20 years now.)

Leaked data suggests China may have 640,000 coronavirus cases, not 80,000

A leaked database from a Chinese military-run university suggests the country may have at least 640,000 COVID-19 cases — a figure substantially higher than Beijing’s dubious claim that it has seen just 80,000 coronavirus infections.

The virus tracker, compiled by China’s National University of Defense Technology and leaked to Foreign Policy magazine, appears to confirm fears that the nation’s Communist government is hiding the true nature of the outbreak that originated in Wuhan late last year.

According to the report, the virus tracker consists of more than 640,000 rows of cases in 230 cities ranging from early February to late April and confirms the location of each infection.

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

The experts disagree. I'll believe them, you obviously believe liar Trump 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Re-reading something I wrote decades ago and I quote from a Buffalo Newspaper in the 1860's where they call slavery a "virus" that infects the political system. 

Strange, they did not know what viruses were back then! So I wonder what they thought they were. 

Percentages are real, though. They show trends 

Why does that matter? 

That has nothing to do with Trump claiming everyone can be tested. 

Percentages are real but your original statement incorrect or incomplete, which due to your response makes me think intentionally incorrect.

The reason for my question is I am assuming something- your area does not have testing because your Governor has not gotten things set up yet. Or maybe you know someone who was denied a test recently? I am curious where this is because everyone I know that wanted a test was able to get one.

Just now, Buffalo Timmy said:

Percentages are real but your original statement incorrect or incomplete, which due to your response makes me think intentionally incorrect.

The reason for my question is I am assuming something- your area does not have testing because your Governor has not gotten things set up yet. Or maybe you know someone who was denied a test recently? I am curious where this is because everyone I know that wanted a test was able to get one.

Ok 

Just now, Buffalo Timmy said:

Who are the experts?

Rick Bright 

Just now, SectionC3 said:

What are the rules?  Where do I find a copy? And who set the rules?  

Cardinal Rule of PPP, you're an idiot unless proven otherwise. 

• Like (+1) 1