The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

28 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

How in the hell is this a dem vs repub issue?  This is more of a divide between cautious vs careless, imo.  The cautious are not the foolish ones, imo. 

There seems to be this bravado among a lot of folks that this is nothing to fear and that they are not going to change their behavior.    This mindset is going to cost lives.  You may be strong and healthy and if you get the virus, you may have a 99% chance of beating it.  You may not even feel the symptoms.  That is good news for you.  Congrats.  

The problem though is that this bravado of yours endangers others.  You may be fine but how many others will you have exposed?  How many others are now in danger because you felt brave enough to go out and get the virus and carefree enough to spread it around in all your brave travels?  Consider how you would feel when it dawns on you that your 'bravery' has resulted in your elderly friend, neighbor, or relative passing away.

Listen to who is making it political. 

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm getting to the point where I genuinely feel sorry for anyone who is a registered Democrat.

This is simply embarrassing. 

There is virtually no way on this earth that the DNC can limp their way to a WH victory in November based on their single-solution plan for every issue: Blame Trump.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Bandito said:

Democrats are deranged lunatics who greatly suffer from TDS. They never let a "Crisis" go to waste. Their whole existence is based on the victim mentality. You are a mental midget if you are a Democrat

Look, what you're posting is sort of old school Dem criticism.

This is different.

Biden and Pelosi are unhinged, and even the mental midgets should see that.

• Like (+1) 1

NJ Announces 1st COVID-19 Death; NY to Deploy National Guard to New Rochelle

...  In New York, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced the most rigorous actions to date to combat the spread in New Rochelle, which he described as the "most significant cluster in the country" and accounts for the lion's share of the tri-state's surging caseload.

Those measures include deploying National Guard troops to a Health Department command post and setting up a satellite testing facility and one-mile containment area in the city. To date, Westchester County has seen 108 confirmed COVID-19 cases; that's 58 percent of all tri-state cases. ...

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bandito said:

That's what the people who believe this hoax are doing. Better join the club before you die from this 

The virus isn't a hoax. The hoax is how the dems are trying to place it all on Trump. It's as if Hillary gets a free pass on SARS.  

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

How in the hell is this a dem vs repub issue?  This is more of a divide between cautious vs careless, imo.  The cautious are not the foolish ones, imo. 

There seems to be this bravado among a lot of folks that this is nothing to fear and that they are not going to change their behavior.    This mindset is going to cost lives.  You may be strong and healthy and if you get the virus, you may have a 99% chance of beating it.  You may not even feel the symptoms.  That is good news for you.  Congrats.  

The problem though is that this bravado of yours endangers others.  You may be fine but how many others will you have exposed?  How many others are now in danger because you felt brave enough to go out and get the virus and carefree enough to spread it around in all your brave travels?  Consider how you would feel when it dawns on you that your 'bravery' has resulted in your elderly friend, neighbor, or relative passing away.

the issue of the virus itself is most definitely not a partisan issue. what is however, is the blatant fear mongering by the Democrat controlled propagandists. have you not seen the news? i'm sure you have but through your myopic lens, it is all #orangemenbad. 

life it what you make of it. make yours as you see fit, don't succumb to the fear mongering.

Just now, Bandito said:

You have bought into mass hysteria and are part of the problem as a low info voter.

With all due respect you do not know what the fvck you're talking about.

I'll ask again - What is the "hoax" you speak of Dr. Bandito?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

the issue of the virus itself is most definitely not a partisan issue. what is however, is the blatant fear mongering by the Democrat controlled propagandists. have you not seen the news? i'm sure you have but through your myopic lens, it is all #orangemenbad. 

life it what you make of it. make yours as you see fit, don't succumb to the fear mongering.

I don't know why Bob is worried. As long as he keeps well stocked on pot he can cure himself. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

At what point do citizens fight back?  The reaction to this is nonsense. It’s been nonstop nonsense from the media for years now. From Russia to Ukraine to coronavirus and tons of little episodes in between. 

Even Dems have to be so tired of it. I think the democrats would be in a much better position if they just went back to the Kennedy/Clinton platforms and argued their case to the public rather than expose themselves as maniacal, power hungry fear mongers. It’s not like trump doesn’t have weak points to exploit on things other than he’s Donald Trump. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, dubs said:

At what point do citizens fight back?  The reaction to this is nonsense. It’s been nonstop nonsense from the media for years now. From Russia to Ukraine to coronavirus and tons of little episodes in between. 

Even Dems have to be so tired of it. I think the democrats would be in a much better position if they just went back to the Kennedy/Clinton platforms and argued their case to the public rather than expose themselves as maniacal, power hungry fear mongers. It’s not like trump doesn’t have weak points to exploit on things other than he’s Donald Trump. 

November 3rd, 2020 at the ballot box. 

:beer: 

• Like (+1) 5

Trump isn't handling the virus issue well and IMO, that's what's giving the Dems and the media any ammunition they have on the subject.  This is a topic where his instincts, usually good, can't carry him over his lack of intelligence, usually quite poor.  

I think 3/4 of his problem is he doesn't want this virus to affect *his* rallies and *his* re-election campaign, and he needs to accept it will and get past it.  I think once he does, he will lead more effectively. 

What you see is an elderly gentleman who's mad at the world because he wants to cut his lawn, and the meteorologist on the tv said it wasn't going to rain today and it's raining goddammit, and he's besides himself.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Trump isn't handling the virus issue well and IMO, that's what's giving the Dems and the media any ammunition they have on the subject.  This is a topic where his instincts, usually good, can't carry him over his lack of intelligence, usually quite poor.  

I think 3/4 of his problem is he doesn't want this virus to affect *his* rallies and *his* re-election campaign, and he needs to accept it will and get past it.  I think once he does, he will lead more effectively. 

What you see is an elderly gentleman who's mad at the world because he wants to cut his lawn, and the meteorologist on the tv said it wasn't going to rain today and it's raining goddammit, and he's besides himself.  

He's handled it very well.  The most important decision he made was banning travel from China as early as he did otherwise this would be exponentially worse.  This shouldn't come close to approaching the deaths even from Swine Flu under Obama, much less regular-old flu annually.

As for the other stuff, it's all perception mostly driven by the liberal media.  Worry less about that and more on what you can do to keep yourself and others safe.

• Like (+1) 7

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Are they bringing the hand sanitizer ?

Can't. All the people who have never washed their hands before bought up all the hand sanitizer.

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

November 3rd, 2020 at the ballot box. 

:beer: 

I agree. I also think this needs to happen to the media. A complete shutout of these outlets, CBS, nbc, abs, msnbc, of course cnn and including fox would Be appropriate IMO. 

6 minutes ago, dubs said:

I also think this needs to happen to the media. A complete shutout of these outlets, CBS, nbc, abs, msnbc, of course cnn and including fox would Be appropriate IMO. 

What outlets should be highlighted that do a good job in sharing the news?

Call the Governor !..............Get the National Guard in there !!!

PHOTOS: After Columbia canceled classes over COVID-19, students gathered in the middle of campus to catch some sun

On Monday, Columbia University canceled classes after someone involved with the school was quarantined after being exposed to the COVID-19 virus:

RH4QG37s?format=jpg&name=600x314            ESsG-0OX0AElx_o?format=jpg&name=small

Great. The full cost of attending the schools is about $70,000 per year and they’re going to switch to online education? Will they be issuing refunds?

• Thank you (+1) 1