Jump to content
stevestojan

National Championship Game. Tigers vs Tigers

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, jrober38 said:

 

He's incredible.


His deep ball accuracy is unbelievable. 


The rich man’s Troy Aikman.     Now with wheels.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:


The rich man’s Troy Aikman.     Now with wheels.   

I’ve said for awhile that he’s a young, mobile version of Brady. That’s who he reminds me of. Everything - from the accuracy to the personality. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2020 at 8:30 AM, Reed83HOF said:

 

That's cool, NCAA athletes and schools never get in trouble when Alumni hand out wads of cash after the big game. Perfectly normal.

  So glad that idiot is not a Buffalo Bill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Turk71 said:

That's cool, NCAA athletes and schools never get in trouble when Alumni hand out wads of cash after the big game. Perfectly normal.

  So glad that idiot is not a Buffalo Bill.

If the money being doled out by Beckham was real, as Burrow said Tuesday, it would be a violation of NCAA bylaws. Cash is an example of impermissible benefits that are prohibited by the governing body.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28490949/joe-burrow-says-browns-odell-beckham-jr-handed-real-cash-lsu-players

 

NCAA Bylaw 12 contemplates the loss of a student-athlete’s eligibility to play if he or she accepts cash or an equivalent award. Schools, meanwhile, are obligated to undertake reasonable steps to prevent, monitor and, if necessary, address illicit payments.

https://www.si.com/college/2020/01/16/odell-beckham-jr-money-lsu-players-consequences

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tigers vs Tigers

 

Wonder if any players caught this:

 

.....looks like a tighty whitey underwear waste band headband on Nugent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

22 hours ago, Turk71 said:

That's cool, NCAA athletes and schools never get in trouble when Alumni hand out wads of cash after the big game. Perfectly normal.

  So glad that idiot is not a Buffalo Bill.

 

13 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

If the money being doled out by Beckham was real, as Burrow said Tuesday, it would be a violation of NCAA bylaws. Cash is an example of impermissible benefits that are prohibited by the governing body.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28490949/joe-burrow-says-browns-odell-beckham-jr-handed-real-cash-lsu-players

 

NCAA Bylaw 12 contemplates the loss of a student-athlete’s eligibility to play if he or she accepts cash or an equivalent award. Schools, meanwhile, are obligated to undertake reasonable steps to prevent, monitor and, if necessary, address illicit payments.

https://www.si.com/college/2020/01/16/odell-beckham-jr-money-lsu-players-consequences

 

 

You do realize I was being sarcastic, right?

Edited by Turk71

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

You do realize I was being sarcastic, right?

 

You do realize I was being sarcastic, right?

Wasn't calling you out, just seem like an appropriate place to drop the info so others could see it. You never know what weird ***** people think about on this board

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Wasn't calling you out, just seem like an appropriate place to drop the info so others could see it. You never know what weird ***** people think about on this board

Looking at the snippets you posted, at least, is there an issue if everyone that received cash is going to the draft? At that point eligibility wouldn't matter much. The players I know of are Burrow and Jefferson. Wouldn't be surprised if the RB got some too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 11:23 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I’ve said for awhile that he’s a young, mobile version of Brady. That’s who he reminds me of. Everything - from the accuracy to the personality. 

 

Bingo.  The kid is a bit cocky like Brady but in a good way for the NFL.

 

I remember going up to Columbus for the Ohio HS championship weekend.  People in Western NY need to appreciate how big HS football is in Ohio and how entertaining and well played it is.  I remember watching Burrow lead his rural team against an urban football power loaded with big time college prospects.  Burrow's team lost by a couple of points but he was spectacular.   You could see even back then that he was a fantastic QB. 

 

I always thought Burrow going to Ohio State was a mistake though.  I get growing up in Ohio means the Buckeyes are THE destination and the kid did win Mr. Ohio football (that's a BIG award in the Buckeye State)  but Meyer's track record with QB's is average at best.  Outside of Alex Smith what NFL QB's has Meyer developed?  I get Urban is a great college coach but Ohio State hasn't exactly been QB U.  

 

I think it showed a lot that Burrow got his degree in 3 years which earned him the freedom to transfer to LSU. Shows that he's willing to take risks with his career.  The Bengals are going to get a good one here.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...