The REAL reason Duke Didnt Catch The TD Pass

StHustle

4 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Is it just me or does it seem that all year, Josh's best passes in the most critical situations were dropped? 

It’s not just the passes it’s players missing just a bit

the Allen sweep where Knox and Morse fail to block the guy and stop a huge play from happening

singletary missing a block on the inside rush on mercilious that Allen gets hit from behind and fumbles 

it’s the third down play the line fails to protect vs a four man rush and they are on top of Allen and the grounding is called followed up by the fourth down play w a three man rush the de is again on top of Josh before he can even do anything

its brown on the post flute vs Peters in Balt and he doesn’t get the corner to turn to the outside before peeling to the inside

The defense gaffs where they allow a third and 18 nit finishing the sack it’s on both

the bills areyoung and very close and they exceeded my expectations this year excited to see them next year 

9 hours ago, BuffaloBill963 said:

You realize Josh didn’t have to target Duke right? What a dumb comment. Josh obviously has a connection w Duke timing and feel wise. 

You realize that the coaching staff put him on the field for 66% of the snaps (more than Beasley) and gave him a huge role in the gameplan... Not just connecting those targets by chance, right? What a dumb comment.

22 hours ago, StHustle said:

His left arm was hooked which forced an alligator arm attempt. There is NO QUESTION that he makes the catch if that didnt happen. In slow mo you can see he almost still made the grab. Great defense by the DB. Can we PLEASE put to bed the idea this was a drop???

DukeW.thumb.jpg.2dd8e9b7096cfcdd82a24fbebeb059bf.jpg

On another note...why are you Duke haters so quick to label this guy as either a #5 or even not good enough to be in the league WHEN HE WAS A ROOKIE with very few games under his belt??

Why do top draft picks get the benefit of the doubt based on lack of experience when they are the ones supposed to be so much better than the undrafted guys? Seems undrafted guys are expected to kill it out the gate or they shouldnt be on the team. Duke has 5 NFL games under his belt. Lets compare his first 5 games to DK Metcalf who has a future HOF throwing to him and was the #2 guy on the roster:

DK - 

26 Targets
12 Receptions
2 TD
267 Yards

DuKe-

29 Targets
16 Receptions
1 TD
215 Yards

If Duke had Russell Wilson as his QB, who doubts Duke doesnt have just as good or better numbers than DK?? Let's be real here.

I kept saying the DB did a great job on the game day post.  People had made up their minds.  

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

No. What are you watching? I love the Bills as much as anyone, but there was no pass interference on the play, it was a drop.

No pass interference but not a drop either but weirdly he still should have caught it. I think it was a great defensive play by the DB because as you can see by that slow mo video, the much smaller DB hits Duke and catchs his leg spinning him first and then has the presence of mind to arm bar Duke so he doesn't get the bobble either. It was superb pass defense.  People calling this a drop should maybe watch Ronnie Harmon vs Cleveland in the playoffs or Stevie Johnson in this clip.

23 hours ago, StHustle said:

His left arm was hooked which forced an alligator arm attempt. There is NO QUESTION that he makes the catch if that didnt happen. In slow mo you can see he almost still made the grab. Great defense by the DB. Can we PLEASE put to bed the idea this was a drop???

On another note...why are you Duke haters so quick to label this guy as either a #5 or even not good enough to be in the league WHEN HE WAS A ROOKIE with very few games under his belt??

Why do top draft picks get the benefit of the doubt based on lack of experience when they are the ones supposed to be so much better than the undrafted guys? Seems undrafted guys are expected to kill it out the gate or they shouldnt be on the team. Duke has 5 NFL games under his belt. Lets compare his first 5 games to DK Metcalf who has a future HOF throwing to him and was the #2 guy on the roster:

DK - 

26 Targets
12 Receptions
2 TD
267 Yards

DuKe-

29 Targets
16 Receptions
1 TD
215 Yards

If Duke had Russell Wilson as his QB, who doubts Duke doesnt have just as good or better numbers than DK?? Let's be real here.

FAKE NEWS!!!! YOU FRAUD!!!! 

You cherry picked a moment in the play WELL after the ball got there! It's 2020, people have DVRs you know! I pulled the game up and looked and you fraudulently claim this caused the ball to not be caught but the ball clanked off his hands well before he arm wasnt hooked at all before the ball got there!!!

Here's a sequence of screen shots everyone!!! From TWO angles!!

Polish-20200107-215055198.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/W3yJsCY/Polish-20200107-215055198.jpg

Heres the opposite view!!

Polish-20200107-215207304.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/rkJ2k6j/Polish-20200107-215207304.jpg

The DBs arm is across his stomach and no where near hooking his arm until WELL after Duke dropped the ball!!

Fix your title or delete this post you FRAUD!!

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ArtVandalay said:

You cherry picked a moment in the play WELL after the ball got there! It's 2020, people have DVRs you know! I pulled the game up and looked and you fraudulently claim this caused the ball to not be caught but the ball clanked off his hands well before he arm wasnt hooked at all before the ball got there!!!

The DBs arm is across his stomach and no where near hooking his arm until WELL after Duke dropped the ball!!

You need to up your meds.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 1/6/2020 at 9:36 PM, StHustle said:

I'm not going to argue whether or not it was a drop, but it was a ball that showed up right between his hands. 

It's not an easy catch, but top NFL WR manage to haul those in with regularity.

Ooooooooooooooooooh oh oh oh oh (whisper: doit) Ooooooooooooooooooh oh oh oh oh (whisper: doit)

Do the StHustle!

Can we please put aside the "haters" label? 

You're a funny guy.  Yes, let's be real here.

Nice shots. Definitely a drop.

now simmer down

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Livinginthepast said:

No pass interference but not a drop either but weirdly he still should have caught it. I think it was a great defensive play by the DB because as you can see by that slow mo video, the much smaller DB hits Duke and catchs his leg spinning him first and then has the presence of mind to arm bar Duke so he doesn't get the bobble either. It was superb pass defense.  People calling this a drop should maybe watch Ronnie Harmon vs Cleveland in the playoffs or Stevie Johnson in this clip.

You see it your way, I see a drop. Is it a somewhat hard catch, yes, but it's the exact ball that Duke and pretty much Duke only, is on the field to catch. It's probably the biggest reason they're playing him.

Actually your post shows the pass wasn’t as perfect as it looked and the DB got his hand ? I n there before he had a chance to haul it in. He also got up and over to a place the rest of our smurf receivers never would have gone, nice job thanks for making the case for a taller receiver...

IT WAS A PASS BREAK UP. Your shots CLEARLY show the DB got his arm in there and disrupted the play. NOT THE SAME AS A DROP!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

You realize that the coaching staff put him on the field for 66% of the snaps (more than Beasley) and gave him a huge role in the gameplan... Not just connecting those targets by chance, right? What a dumb comment.

Haha ok. Go watch Seinfeld loser 

47 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You're a funny guy.  Yes, let's be real here.

I was talking strictly first 5 games comparison. You see how close the numbers are. Am I off by saying if Wilson was Duke's QB he could have matched DK's first 5 games?

50 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm not going to argue whether or not it was a drop, but it was a ball that showed up right between his hands. 

It's not an easy catch, but top NFL WR manage to haul those in with regularity.

Yeah lets compare an undrafted guy elevated from the practice squad in just his 5th start with the top WRs in the league. All Im saying is give a guy a chance to grow. He is just getting his feet wet against NFL level DBs. Its known that WR is a tough position to transition to the NFL level (Yes even from the CFL where Duke was the best in the league)

53 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ooooooooooooooooooh oh oh oh oh (whisper: doit) Ooooooooooooooooooh oh oh oh oh (whisper: doit)

Do the StHustle!

Ha! And you call me the funny guy.

Oh and "hater" label will never go away. Too many haters exist for it to ever die. And yes Duke has plenty haters who want to see Megatron or bust.

2 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Actually your post shows the pass wasn’t as perfect as it looked and the DB got his hand ? I n there before he had a chance to haul it in. He also got up and over to a place the rest of our smurf receivers never would have gone, nice job thanks for making the case for a taller receiver...

The hand is not "in there" until well after the initial drop and Duke is already turned 90 degrees clockwise. At the time of the initial drop the defender's arm and hand are down by Duke's waist. Look at the set of four pictures again. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

No, it really doesnt, ball was well out of his control by the time the DB got his hand there, ball was already free floating away after clanking of his hand. By the time the DB touched Duke's arm, Duke had already completely turned his body and ball was away from him not touching his hand(s) at all. 

If you got a DVR, pull it up. Clear drop on what was a contested catch. But that's what happens with a guy like Duke who is a fringe roster player.

7 hours ago, StHustle said:

IT WAS A PASS BREAK UP. Your shots CLEARLY show the DB got his arm in there and disrupted the play. NOT THE SAME AS A DROP!

LMAO!!! The DB never hooked his arm until WELL after losing control.

You started a thread with a terribly misleading picture of what you claim caused the ball to not be caught when it clearly hit him in the hands with no contact until after it clanked off him.

You purposely tried to mislead people its beyond ridiculous. 

You obviously have an agenda and clearly don't care about looking at the facts as you purposely distorted and mislead in your opening post.

Good day. I'm out.

• Like (+1) 1