Sal just declared the Pats*** reign over

TroutDog

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I could see the AFCE be a 3-way fight next year. Tougher schedules, lots of west coast road games for us. MIA could be a lot better. Jets, who knows?

I’d agree with this but I also believe he’s right: they aren’t shoe-ins anymore and I like our chances. 

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I could see the AFCE be a 3-way fight next year. Tougher schedules, lots of west coast road games for us. MIA could be a lot better. Jets, who knows?

Actually, I think it will be tougher, from top to bottom, and more competetive, from top to bottom, than it has been in many years.

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I'll declare that when we actually beat them....

Yep

14 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

On his show just now, he really believes Brady is gone and questioned whether they will win the AFCE next year. 

Let’s all hope he’s right: I believe he is. 

Lol it could be over but dang people have been Declaring it dead for like the last 6 years!  They lose one game because of terrible play calling and the world declares the empire dead. Lol

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lol it could be over but dang people have been Declaring it dead for like the last 6 years!  They lose one game because of terrible play calling and the world declares the empire dead. Lol

I get the argument in the past when people were declaring this after a week 4 loss against Miami or KC or whatever.  You have to admit that this is much different.  This was the weakest Patriots team since the early 00's.  Brady is at a crossroads, and even if he stays on the Patriots he is like 43.  The offense just lost its most dangerous weapon, and their other weapon is also getting old and beat-up.  Their O-Coordinator also will likely leave.  They just lost 2 meaningful home games in a row to the Dolphins and the Titans, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Tannehill.  They were 4-5 to close out the season, and they really didnt look strong since week 4.  

I would also say, another team in the AFC East appears to have it together for the first time in the Patriots' dynasty.  

Like I mentioned upthread, I would hesitate to count Belichick out... but there is no denying that this is a very transitional point in this 'run' like no-other time in the past 20 years or so.  

• Like (+1) 2

Brady was pretty horrible this year and Jarrett Stidham was really good in the preseason.

Belichick is such a miracle worker I wouldn't rule out them replacing Brady with Stidham or another veteran and once again winning the AFC East next year. 

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Brady was pretty horrible this year and Jarrett Stidham was really good in the preseason.

Belichick is such a miracle worker I wouldn't rule out them replacing Brady with Stidham or another veteran and once again winning the AFC East next year. 

My biggest hope is a conflict between Kraft and Belichick over Tom Brady's contract status.  

If they keep Brady and Belichick walks, I will declare it done.

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

I’m quite confident that if Stidham is the QB next season, the reign ends next season

We can all sit back and wait for the PC when Brady retires and comes out, and then realize a girly man was the dominant football player for the last two decades, it’ll be great ? 

G Bills!!!

7 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

Bellicheck went 11-5 with Matt Cassell. Nothing is over until Bellicheck is gone. With a top end QB, they could be better than they ever were with Brady.

And he was 14-6 with QBs not named Brady (Cassell, Jimmy, Jacoby).  Bill Bellyache is the driving force. If they run off Tommy as I suspect, they'll get someone like Bridgewater or Eli Manning or Ryan Tannehill and the train keeps rolling.  Even if Tommy does leave I suspect it rolls on until Bill retires and the cheating stops or at least the new coach is not as good at it.