Sal just declared the Pats*** reign over

TroutDog

8 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Brady was pretty horrible this year and Jarrett Stidham was really good in the preseason.

Belichick is such a miracle worker I wouldn't rule out them replacing Brady with Stidham or another veteran and once again winning the AFC East next year. 

As a Pats fan, that should make you pretty darn happy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Brady was pretty horrible this year and Jarrett Stidham was really good in the preseason.

Belichick is such a miracle worker I wouldn't rule out them replacing Brady with Stidham or another veteran and once again winning the AFC East next year. 

Of course you wouldn't rule that out.

Shocker.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

Maybe somebody should start a poll....  what win-loss record will win the AFCE next year?  7-9? 8-8? 9-7? etc.

I think it will be something like 9-7. Tough schedule, and conference teams splitting with each other.  

19-0

• Like (+1) 1

I guess it depends on what goes on....he could well be right and as we have seen they are not a SB team anymore...does Brady move on....does Bellicheck move on......do they BOTH move on?? or are they both back??? I guess id have to know that to decide.

38 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I could see the AFCE be a 3-way fight next year. Tougher schedules, lots of west coast road games for us. MIA could be a lot better. Jets, who knows?

Tougher schedule, yes, BUT the advantage of playing the stronger teams at home is a benefit.   If you chose top count the JETS game as a L then the Bills were 5-3 at home. 

I prefer to call a mulligan on the throwaway game and call it 5-2 at home when it counted.  

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lol it could be over but dang people have been Declaring it dead for like the last 6 years!  They lose one game because of terrible play calling and the world declares the empire dead. Lol

Not me! They’ve been the measuring stick for 20 years but I truly believe Brady is done and he’s a primary cog to the wheel that made it go. 

Just my opinion. 

35 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lol it could be over but dang people have been Declaring it dead for like the last 6 years!  They lose one game because of terrible play calling and the world declares the empire dead. Lol

Yes but Brady's deal with Satan only had a 20-year term. 

• Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, ngbills said:

This NE team was like the DEN Manning team. Won with Def and some smart QB play. NE could actually be better without Brady as weird as it sounds. Andrew Luck back in football for the Pats next year...

we need a "barf" emoji for posts like this! 

32 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I get the argument in the past when people were declaring this after a week 4 loss against Miami or KC or whatever.  You have to admit that this is much different.  This was the weakest Patriots team since the early 00's.  Brady is at a crossroads, and even if he stays on the Patriots he is like 43.  The offense just lost its most dangerous weapon, and their other weapon is also getting old and beat-up.  Their O-Coordinator also will likely leave.  They just lost 2 meaningful home games in a row to the Dolphins and the Titans, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Tannehill.  They were 4-5 to close out the season, and they really didnt look strong since week 4.  

I would also say, another team in the AFC East appears to have it together for the first time in the Patriots' dynasty.  

Like I mentioned upthread, I would hesitate to count Belichick out... but there is no denying that this is a very transitional point in this 'run' like no-other time in the past 20 years or so.  

Oh it definitely could be over! I just laugh at how people jump all the time on it.

i wouldn’t say this is the first time an AFC team had their stuff together, I mean the Jets did make the AFC Cbampionship game a couple times with butt fumble Sanchez.. 

I think it is too. 

Belichek will always be tough, but this isn't Jacoby Brissett/Matt Cassell part 2.  The Bills, Jets and Dolphins are all capable of beating NE next year.  Buffalo is certainly capable of winning the division.  The Jets might right the ship if they stop drafting poorly and making stupid FA decisions - Darnold, Bell, Moseley and Adams are at least somewhat decent building blocks.

Regardless, the AFCE then, is much different that it is now. They have competition, and won't have 6 easy landing spot divisional games.

Lets hope the Bills seize the day.

Edited by SCBills