YoloinOhio

Baltimore sports radio guy slams Del Reid, Wawrow, Buffalo as “City of Losers”

56 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Sure Baltimore has the Inner Harbour, but have you ever got off on the wrong exit West of I95?

It is like a demilitarized zone. Someone remind me how many riots the City of Buffalo has had?

What ever...did not wish any ill on Lamar or the Ravens. They played us hard and clean, but glad they were stopped short of a SB so clowns like this can crawl back under their rock.

Lets be honest the shops and restaurants around the inner harbor are nice, but its also overrun with homelessness and poverty.

16 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Grasping much.  Baltimore won Super Bowls with Colts and Ravens. That doesn’t changed the fact that it is a declining dump of a City. 

Yes when talking crap folks should make sure their game is correct.

I feel perfectly comfortable saying the guy is an idiot for calling Buffalo "losers" when they have made the playoffs 2 out of the last 3 years.

5 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Lets be honest the shops and restaurants around the inner harbor are nice, but its also overrun with homelessness and poverty.

Agreed 100% Also, the area around the Lexington market is very questionable. 

I just finished watching all 5 seasons of The Wire - are parts of the city still as depicted (20 yrs ago) in that show?

3 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Agreed 100% Also, the area around the Lexington market is very questionable. 

I spent about three years of my life as a touring musician.   Baltimore and Kentucky were my least favorite places to travel.  

Baltimore was nothing but methadone clinics and the distinct feeling that you were always ten seconds away from being robbed.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I was gonna say, you can't get from your car to the harbor without being stopped and asked for cash 3+ times.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/12/2020 at 12:26 PM, LabattBlue said:

So sick of all this petty bull####. Bills Nation   Mafia is great...look at us.  Social media is a f***ing disgrace.

FIFY 

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Sad, but true.

3 hours ago, stevewin said:

I just finished watching all 5 seasons of The Wire - are parts of the city still as depicted (20 yrs ago) in that show?

No, no.  Unfortunately, some parts have gotten much, much worse.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

On 1/2/2020 at 12:53 PM, eSJayDee said:

Losers?  I don't recall ever having a team pack up & leave Buffalo in the middle of the night. :LOL:

I think he was talking about how Baltimore is always ranked highly in livability. It has been known for a while they have excelled at killing each other, but what is probably a surprise to us but not to Jerry .. they are the city with the highest rate of STDs.  I would say we suck, but it appears they beat us at that as well ;)

https://www.the-sun.com/news/250900/std-map-us-cities/

Why did this clown even decide to go on his tirades about Buffalo?  We weren't playing the Ravens, we were playing the Texans. 

5 hours ago, bbb said:

Why did this clown even decide to go on his tirades about Buffalo?  We weren't playing the Ravens, we were playing the Texans. 

We played the ravens in the regular season. That’s when he said original comments

Baltimore is a s-hole.  Took a wrong turn last summer on way to DC.  Ended up in downtown B-more.  Trash, drug addicts, hookers, bums, gang bangers everywhere.  Never go there ever. 

3 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

We played the ravens in the regular season. That’s when he said original comments

He went off after Del Reid responded to a tweet from Trey Wingo, regarding NFL COY, in which Del stated that McDermott should be a candidate for the award. 

For some reason, that's what set him off.  

He also didn't like Wawrow questioning his statement that the Ravens "smoked" the Bills earlier this season.  

Weird, weird, dude.  Sad, actually.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, bbb said:

He was upset about the Bills giving the Ravens a game iirc

1 hour ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

He went off after Del Reid responded to a tweet from Trey Wingo, regarding NFL COY, in which Del stated that McDermott should be a candidate for the award. 

For some reason, that's what set him off.  

He also didn't like Wawrow questioning his statement that the Ravens "smoked" the Bills earlier this season.  

Weird, weird, dude.  Sad, actually.

The timing makes this seem like the right answer, out of the ones given. 

3 hours ago, Irv said:

Baltimore is a s-hole.  Took a wrong turn last summer on way to DC.  Ended up in downtown B-more.  Trash, drug addicts, hookers, bums, gang bangers everywhere.  Never go there ever. 

I'm not picking on ya, but how does one make a wrong turn on the way to DC and end up in downtown Baltimore?  Did you get off the wrong exit and decide to wing it?  Were you taking the back roads or scenic route?  Apple maps?  I'm a "map guy" and like talking directions.  I'm just curious.  

1 minute ago, stony said:

I'm not picking on ya, but how does one make a wrong turn on the way to DC and end up in downtown Baltimore?  Did you get off the wrong exit and decide to wing it?  Were you taking the back roads or scenic route?  Apple maps?  I'm a "map guy" and like talking directions.  I'm just curious.  

It happens a lot around Baltimore.  See what happened to Bruce Springsteen:

Got a wife and kids in Baltimore, Jack
I went out for a ride and I never went back
Like a river that don't know where it's flowing
I took a wrong turn and I just kept going   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bbb said:

It happens a lot around Baltimore.  See what happened to Bruce Springsteen:

Got a wife and kids in Baltimore, Jack
I went out for a ride and I never went back
Like a river that don't know where it's flowing
I took a wrong turn and I just kept going   

One of the greatest opening verses to a song ever written.

• Thanks! (+1) 1

UPDATE:

BillsMafia does right and Jerry Coleman tears up on air this morning and apologizes after opening all of the donation receipts that came in the mail.

9:19am this morning if you do the Rewind to his show at the bottom in this link: https://www.radio.com/1057thefan/listen

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Probably the first nice thing anyone’s ever done for him in his tortured, twisted life.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

UPDATE:

BillsMafia does right and Jerry Coleman tears up on air this morning and apologizes after opening all of the donation receipts that came in the mail.

9:19am this morning if you do the Rewind to his show at the bottom in this link: https://www.radio.com/1057thefan/listen

Hopefully he DM's everyone thanking them with the same fury he mocked them with earlier

3 hours ago, stony said:

My navigator drank a 12 pack on the way down from Rochester and GPS wasn't working.  We were right outside the harbor.  Nasty.   If you look at Google Maps it takes you right through B-more.  We just made a wrong exit.  I do have to admit that in prior trips, that the aquarium there is incredible. 

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Rochester,+New+York/Washington,+District+of+Columbia/@39.2001702,-76.6669471,12z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x89d6b3059614b353:0x5a001ffc4125e61e!2m2!1d-77.6088465!2d43.1565779!1m5!1m1!1s0x89b7c6de5af6e45b:0xc2524522d4885d2a!2m2!1d-77.0368707!2d38.9071923!3e0

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 1