What was the Bill's Play-of-the-Decade?

cage

4 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

Brian Moorman was still on the team at the beginning of the decade.  I wonder if he would be the guy who made the play of the decade. ?

j/k   j/k

The Moorman fake FG TD pass to Denney was in 2009, so arguably the best play of the last decade.

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

In terms of positive plays Fred Jackson trucking Conte in Chicago jumps out, Sammy vs. Minnesota, EJ vs. Carolina, Charles Clay in Atlanta, Josh sneak in Dallas, Josh hurdle in Minnesota and the Kyle Williams TD. These all popped right into my head and I’m sure there are tons more but don’t want to keep listing.

FTFY.

It has to be Dalton's TD pass to end the drought. But if we are being technical and it actually has to be a Bills play then my vote would go to Dreyton Florence's pick six against Brady to finally beat New England. 

Hopefully this weekend Allen can give us a new play of the next decade that we will view as the point at which our next dynasty started.

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If we are talking a play that involves the Bills it may be the Stevie Johnson drop.

I also considered this play. While it is a negative play, let's face it, it was a terrible decade of Bills football and what play better represents how snake bitten we were for the majority of the decade? It should at least be an honorable mention.

• Haha (+1) 1

Another vote for Dalton to Boyd TD here. I’m also good with the McCoy blizzard run against the Colts. The Kyle Williams TD run against the Dolphins in the 2017 finale was also awesome, especially considering what happened with the Bengals game shortly after. I‘m only willing to pick plays from 2017-2019. The rest of the decade we were a team with no direction going nowhere, so who cares about great plays that had no meaning? I only remember great plays that are part of something bigger. 

4 hours ago, thronethinker said:

I like Allen’s leap over Minnesota last season. That to me stood out as a moment where you could say the bills are different now. 

The leap was nice but his 4th and 1 conversion against Dallas I think better sets the tone of this current Bills team and who Allen is. Never giving up on a play and out muscling defenders.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, cage said:

3. No monster defensive plays have been identified that made a difference

Florence's pick six was huge. We likely don't beat New England without it. I think that is still the only real game that we have beaten the Patriots with Brady (for the entire game) since the 2003 31-0 blowout. 

I think Dalton to Boyd on 4th and 12 was the Bills moment of the decade.

But it certainly wasn't the Bills play of the decade, because there were no Bills players involved.

If we're looking at Bills plays, there are 2 types that stand out:

Those that were thrilling at the time, but didn't move the needle much for the franchise in the long run;

and those that were maybe less than thrilling in the moment, but represented the changing of the guard.

For the former, 3 plays stand out to me:

1. Fred Jackson rumbling to the NE goal line in 2011.

2. EJ Manual's game winner v. Carolina

3. Kyle Orton's game winner v. Minnesota

And for the latter, 4 plays stand out to me:

1. Stevie's drop v. Pit

2. Kyle's TD run v. Mia

3. Josh's hurdle v. Min

4. Josh's scramble for first down v. Dal

I’ll go with Kyles TD against the Fins. At the time it seemed like it started a blowout, but Miami came back and if I remember correctly this TD ended up being the game winning points.

If the Bills didn’t beat Miami, the Bengals game wouldn’t have mattered.

• Like (+1) 2