NE fans are hating life right now. Lookie here...

Peace Frog

Why you might want to seriously start getting ready to write the obituary on the pats being contenders going forward:

-12-4 is a good record and yes, you play who is on your schedule. But, looking at their schedule next year..if they played that schedule this year...they would be maybe 10-6? That schedule is coming

-Bills, Jets, and Phins SHOULD all be the same or slightly better, making those games a tad tougher for the Pats

-Brady really looks 42 this time, for real.  Lack of weapons this year? Maybe, but watch the games..he throws balls at players feet, sails them over their heads, and will throw away a ball at even the slightest fear of him getting hit.  Hes not going to better next year with another year of age.

-They relied on their D-unit this year.  That D-unit is the oldest in the NFL.  Most D players peak at 26-28 years of age. They have more than a few that are over that, and are on the wrong side of 30.  Can they still be good? Yes, but that same unit will not be better with them all a year older, just like with Brady.

-to replenish that roster, they have their own late 1st round pick, and no 2nd. They might lose another pick with the new cheating scandal.

-Free agent replenishment?  Maybe when Brady was considered a top QB that would cause FA's to consider the Pats..but with a declining (or none at all) Brady, and a culture/coaching staff that a lot of guys don't like...they might not be getting a ton of top flight Free agents lining up at the door in Foxborough.

I just don't see this team as a top team next year. Even if Brady is better than he looked because of nagging injuries, he is not the same as he was...and will be even more likely to get those 'nagging' injuries next year being another year older.

• Like (+1) 4

I got stuck in the worm hole of reading that forum.  There are a wide range of reactions ranging from sheer panic, wanting to run brady and belichick out of town, to defending and making excuses for brady, to expecting them to waltz to another super bowl.

I think i would be worried if i were a patriots fan.

During this 20 year run, they are yet to make a super bowl without a bye and hosting at least a divisional round game.  Its part of the formula.  

Brady is 42 and seems to want big money and there seems to be some sort of divorce coming up.  If not, he is 42, starting to break down, and seems to require an all-star cast as well.  Edelman is breaking down, and gronk is sipping margaritas somewhere.  There is little in the way of an heir apparent at this point.  Would it be bridgewater?  Newton?  Not really too terrifying.  

They have a lot of aging pieces with a poor 1st round draft pick, no 2nd, and dont forget about the spygate 2 thing which could bring more sanctions.

You have an afc east where 2 or 3 of the teams may have their stuff together for the first time in forever.  They are not going to catch the bills sleeping any more, and flores looks like the mcdermott bills circa 2017.  

5 hours ago, wppete said:

Be careful powers that be on here not very happy with any negative discussion of the Patriots. 

Discussion on here yesterday about Kraft authorities looking to charge Kraft with a felony was moved from The Stadium forum section. Bury it away from the majority of people on here. 

Kraft being charged with a felony is not football related? Because the name Epstein and Trump was mentioned means the discussion  has to go away?  Sad to here cancel culture exists in TBD now. 

And this is the reason why Kraft gets away with everything. With this logic then every time the name Trump comes up in a thread it should be removed out of here? The thread had to do with his Felony charge. Nothing to do with politics. 

4 hours ago, wppete said:

Exactly this ☝?. The original thread that is linked here, was a discussion about Kraft, the owner of a NFL team being charged with a felony. Prostitution, human trafficking and possibly worse crimes. Has nothing to do with politics! it’s a 100% NFL topic! But certain people on here cannot take the fact the name Trump has come up in discussion (Kraft and Trump are boys, fact) so they must make the discussion go away. With this logic all you have to do is bring up the name Trump a few times and someone on here will get triggered and end all discussion. What a sad thing.

4 hours ago, wppete said:

That is exactly my point. The thread was not about politics!  I don’t care about politics either but I do care about the Bills and topics Regarding the NFL. The Kraft felony charge is 100% a NFL topic and not political. 

?

douch bag who deleted his thread said what?

• Haha (+1) 6

Discussion on here yesterday about Kraft authorities looking to charge Kraft with a felony was moved from The Stadium forum section. Bury it away from the majority of people on here. 

Holy Jesus, you're a crybaby.  :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Holy Jesus, you're a crybaby.  :lol:

In the grand scheme of his presidential term, I'm curious as to where Trumps effect on TBD will rank. It's really pretty amazing how his name can generate conversation above and beyond anything remotely related to the original topic. It's quite astounding. 

Just now, RaoulDuke79 said:

In the grand scheme of his presidential term, I'm curious as to where Trumps effect on TBD will rank. It's really pretty amazing how his name can generate conversation above and beyond anything remotely related to the original topic. It's quite astounding. 

But that has nothing to do with @wppete being a mammoth crybaby.  

He's crusading about his persecution complex about his thread - that he himself deleted - being moved to the board he doesn't like.  That's not a political issue.  That's a "kindergartener missed nap time" issue.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Trump Derangement Syndrome.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

except for the fact that Kraft owns a football team

yeah i know. If you read the thread you would have seen it devolved into a political debate though. And the OP, instead of trying to rein in the tangential discussion of: “kraft knew epstein BUT trump knew kraft BUT epstein knew the clintons BUT...” and so on he decided to let it ride and the mods moved it to PPP. And then the OP whined about it the next day. If the topic stayed on kraft I doubt it would have been moved.

so there’s your history lesson. Everyone gets 1 for free.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

yeah i know. If you read the thread you would have seen it devolved into a political debate though. And the OP, instead of trying to rein in the tangential discussion of: “kraft knew epstein BUT trump knew kraft BUT epstein knew the clintons BUT...” and so on he decided to let it ride and the mods moved it to PPP. And then the OP whined about it the next day. If the topic stayed on kraft I doubt it would have been moved.

so there’s your history lesson. Everyone gets 1 for free.

you saved me a lot of time, thank you

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

But that has nothing to do with @wppete being a mammoth crybaby.  

He's crusading about his persecution complex about his thread - that he himself deleted - being moved to the board he doesn't like.  That's not a political issue.  That's a "kindergartener missed nap time" issue.

exactly. If OPs would actually revisit their threads around here and curate them a little bit and try to take some burden off the mods the move probably wouldn’t have happened. Instead he decided to whinge about it.

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

you saved me a lot of time, thank you

no problem friend.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

How did the NFL allow this to happen? 

What I love about conspiracy theories: they can explain away everything!

This year, as in every year, the focus is on the QBs. And guess what? The path is clearer for Mahomes or Lamar to get to the Super Bowl. No miserable Foxboro AFC championship game to get through. Brady without Gronk just ain't the same storyline. And Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees getting through the NFC? What more could any Goodell hope for? 

Now don't let the Bills or Titans get through and mess things up ...

• Haha (+1) 2

They shouldnt be mad if they dont make it.

There team went 125-35 this decade in the regular season. Highest winning % by any team.in any decade. They combined for 141-42 record. Still highest winning % in a decade.

After the W.C Game they will have played 11.5 seasons of games in a decade. They won 3 superbowls and went to 5. 

They won the division 10x and made the title game 8 times. Thats a great decade that any fanbase would love to be part of. 

And as bad as they have looked at times they still have just as much a shot as anyone. 

Edited by Bigmanbills88

27 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

What I love about conspiracy theories: they can explain away everything!

This year, as in every year, the focus is on the QBs. And guess what? The path is clearer for Mahomes or Lamar to get to the Super Bowl. No miserable Foxboro AFC championship game to get through. Brady without Gronk just ain't the same storyline. And Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees getting through the NFC? What more could any Goodell hope for? 

Now don't let the Bills or Titans get through and mess things up ...

I dont think tenneesse beat new england. Flores was pissed about week 2. If belichick doaent embarrass flores running score up in week 2 NE likley has a bye. 

Flores wanted that game bad.