Week 16: Bills at Patriots***(*), 4:30 pm on NFLN, Postgame

1 minute ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Ignore the facts because that's what you do. Tackling and Blocking, Coaching, Team game, 102.7 QBR against a team allowing 49.8, no turnovers, 2 TDs ....all facts you don't understand! LMAO

Ignore the facts?   Ignore Allen overthrowing a wide open Knox on the first drive.   Ignore his terrible pass on 3rd down to knox to tie the game.   Ignore missing a wide open Beasley multiple times.  I don't care about Qbr, i care about completion % and making the big throws when you need to win. 

This offense was aneimic, and a big reason was Allen not completing the wide open passes we needed. 

Just now, TwistofFate said:

Because you blitz Allen in a man coverage, and he fails.   Beat the blitz in man coverage and the defense backs off. 

Blitz Brady and pay the price if you don't get him...big difference. 

So Josh's 103 QBR to what the Pats normally hold opposing QBs to of 50?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

A couple?  What game were you watching? 

How anyone could defend allen is beyond me.   

I challenge anyone to find one analyst, one sports commenter to say Allen wasnt the problem this week. 

It WONT HAPPEN.  We were picked against this week by everyone BECAUSE OF ALLEN.   Everyone how is anything said Allen wouldn't do enough to win this game, and he didn't. 

He had a up and down game against the number one defense in the league.  Over all his stats bears it out that it was a solid game. Not stellar.  The defense was the problem in the first half.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You know, perhaps of the defense hadn't given up two drives totalling what, 29 plays, by you know ACTUALLY TACKLING SOMEONE, the offense may have had a better opportunity to make more plays.

What did the offense do?   Another one blaming everything on the defense that carried this team all year. 

Two horrible passes to Knox were the difference in this game. 

6 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Here's my take on today's game:  Relax, we lost the equivalent of an exhibition game.  There, I said it. 

This was an exhibition game for the Bills no matter how much we fans wanted them to beat Brady and Pats.   So stop yelling at Daboll & the play calling and the D's lackluster play.  Look at how the Bills played from another perspective:

*  The Bills are not going to show their playoff opponents their latest blocking schemes for the zero coverage blitzes.  

*  The Bills are not going to show their opponents their latest blocking schemes for their running game.

*  The Bills are going to run on 1st down a whole lot because that's NOT what they're going to do in 2 weeks in the playoff game.

*  The D is not going to show their playoff opponents all their latest coverage schemes & blitz packages. 

*  What we got today was a vanilla offense & defense - just like you get in the last exhibition game.  It would have been coaching malpractice for McD & company to expose their current thinking in a meaningless game when we are in a playoff game in 2 weeks.

The fact is that in GAMES THAT MATTERED against Baltimore & Pittsburgh the defense played their hearts out.  Are you surprised that tonight, while playing a vanilla scheme, they were off their game?  I'm not.  After the last two games this D was due for a let down.

All in all I'm happy with how the Bills played.  They almost stole the game from a NE team that desperately needed to win.  In the 4 games against top competition the Bills are 2 - 2 and could have won every one of those games.  This team is close, very close.

As for Allen's detractors, he played well tonight with a limited game plan and limited play makers.  If you can't see it then you don't know how to watch football.  And why is no one talking about the fact that Allen hit on TWO perfectly thrown long passes?  If this is the new norm, then folks better watch out next year after we get done adding a few more pieces to the O.

NFL pregame show one of the talking heads said NE was treating this like a playoff game while the Bills were acting like this was just another game.  It mattered more for NE to win.  Most likely to rest the injured players

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TwistofFate said:

Ignore the facts?   Ignore Allen overthrowing a wide open Knox on the first drive.   Ignore his terrible pass on 3rd down to knox to tie the game.   Ignore missing a wide open Beasley multiple times.  I don't care about Qbr, i care about completion % and making the big throws when you need to win. 

This offense was aneimic, and a big reason was Allen not completing the wide open passes we needed. 

So the good plays don't count. Got it! 

Completion %? seriously thats what you care about. Allen has been great making the plays when needed in fourth qtr , so that point is irrelevant.

• Like (+1) 1

What did the offense do?   Another one blaming everything on the defense that carried this team all year. 

Two horrible passes to Knox were the difference in this game. 

I think everyone agrees that the D has done excellent all year overall.  They did pretty piss poor today.  The fact that you're arguing that really does hurt your credibility about any other opinions you bring  currently.

Edited by Pokebball
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

So Josh's 103 QBR to what the Pats normally hold opposing QBs to of 50?

How cares about qbr??? 

What was his completion% and how bad did he throw the ball TWICE to a wide open knox? 

Hell, how many yards passing did he have until the lucky bomb off his back foot to brown before the end of the first half????   19??? For under 50% completion%?

2 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

So JA`s 120 QB rating isn`t good enough for you

I don`t know what you want or expect from the kid.

He put the Bills in a position to tie it up and the blocking just sucked

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

How cares about qbr??? 

What was his completion% and how bad did he throw the ball TWICE to a wide open knox? 

Hell, how many yards passing did he have until the lucky bomb off his back foot to brown before the end of the first half????   19??? For under 50% completion%?

Most people care about QBR.  But I get it.  It doesn't fit your narrative. 

• Like (+1) 1

I expected prior to the season that this team would finish around 8-8. I had absolutely no idea we’d be 10-5 AND competing with every single team in the league. Big picture, we are 10-5, an absolute threat to any team in the playoffs and we are still around 80 million under the cap (i may not be accurate with this number but I know we still have a ton of cap room). A game which is usually an automatic win for the Patriots came down to the last play. Bummed we lost a winnable game, but overall I couldn’t be happier to be a bills fan. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

How cares about qbr??? 

Knox wasn't wide open, particularly on the pass near the end of the game. 

Had Allen played like he did today back in the first game the Bills would have beaten the Pats by 2 scores.  How you can be all over 2BD throwing shade on Allen is beyond me. 

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

How cares about qbr??? 

This about sums it up right here, hits Brown on a very difficult play luck, misses Knox by inches on another tough pass Allen's terrible. You're full of it.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, JMF2006 said:

So JA`s 120 QB rating isn`t good enough for you

I don`t know what you want or expect from the kid.

He put the Bills in a position to tie it up and the blocking just sucked

I think Belichick would take Josh in a heartbeat after Brady retires...next year.  Imagine what Josh could do with that NE line and WRs.