Week 16: Bills at Patriots***(*), 4:30 pm on NFLN, Postgame

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I hope we hear what the players felt about that show. 
Did you ever play sports growing up? When someone else’s parent or a friend watching told you ‘ you played  a good game and you will get them next time’ it made you feel good. Just because these guys get paid a lot of money doesn’t mean they don’t have all the same emotions as we do.  That cheering last night I bet made an impression on a few guys. 
Maybe in FA when Phillips or Lawson or Spain get a slightly better offer from someplace else they decide to resign with Buffalo. Maybe not. But having those faces on the other side of that fence cheering our team on sure as heck isn’t going to hurt any chances we have. 

I can appreciate your point of view but I agree more with the “no morale victory” talk coming from the players and coaches. The “atta boy” at the airport is nice but it would motivate me more as an athlete if it was a reward for effort and results and not a given after every game. Do you see my perspective on this? 

17 hours ago, GG said:

How is Daboll bad when he dialed up plays that had the TE wide open in the end zone?

If you are referring to Knox on that back corner endzone throw, we have two very different ideas of wide open.

Daboll is bad because his game plan for the Patriots was terrible.  One play where you think a TE may have been open and he’s a good OC suddenly?

despite trotting out a woefully unprepared and terribly scripted offense for the first entire first half?  If not for one miracle throw by Josh, they go into the half with a deficit.  All I saw yesterday on offense was a couple big throws by Josh that kept the team in the game, and a poor offensive game plan as a whole.

15 hours ago, Big C said:

I don't know if anyone addressed this already, but does anyone think they tried to beat them with a more vanilla gameplan knowing the odds to take the division were next to nothing? Not wanting to put anything new on tape in case we see them a third time?

I do feel good about how these guys will play in January. I like that Allen threw no picks even if he was slow to get started. We were knocking on the door again. Third time's a charm?

If that is Daboll’s plan I don’t trust him in the bigger games to: 1) design new plays that will work, and 2) have the young players execute those new plays. Putting more plays that have worked (or close) on tape will make it equally hard for a D to know what’s coming, IMO. And give the players practice in real situations. Holding some gadget play that might blow up in their back pocket wreaks of desperation and lack of imagination to me.

On 12/21/2019 at 9:22 PM, Chandler#81 said:

Jesus H. Give it a break. You’re boring the hell out of us. We didn’t play well enough to win and therefore lost. Period. 

You’re not the reason fans of the team come here to talk Bills football, though you wouldn’t know it by your exhausting trades. Please shut down your phone and go have a drink.

On 12/21/2019 at 9:22 PM, Chandler#81 said:

Jesus H. Give it a break. You’re boring the hell out of us. We didn’t play well enough to win and therefore lost. Period. 

You’re not the reason fans of the team come here to talk Bills football, though you wouldn’t know it by your exhausting trades. Please shut down your phone and go have a drink.

And you are the reason why people are timid about constructively criticizing the Bills/Allen.  Go pick up your check from 1 Bills Drive.