Week 16: Bills at Patriots***(*), 4:30 pm on NFLN, Postgame

41 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

That was a near impossible pass, almost impossible to complete because of the Angle.

I will be interested in what the "experts" on "22" say about that to.  IMO that was a tough pass to complete.  Folks claiming Knox was wide open don't understand how defenses stake out coverage's in the end zone. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I agree.  After forcing the fumble on the 1st drive our  D gave up a 7:30, 75 yard TD drive.  The offense then moved the ball for 2 first downs and stalled at midfield.  The Bills then punted the ball to the Pats 1 yard line.  The Pats the went on an 8:30, 80 yard FG drive. 

So after forcing the fumble and well before they should have been tired, the D gave up 2 drives that chewed up 16 minutes of the game and scored 10 points. 

Our D started off playing poorly and I would submit that the D's poor performance contributed to the Offenses 1st half struggles as they were unable to get into a rhythm with the D unable to get NE off the field.

This, if the defense was tired it was mostly due to their first half performance 

I blame this one Daboll and the O line  Feel like every drive started with a run and 2nd and long followed by another run and 3rd and long.  End of the game Patriots only rush 4 and our Keystone Cop O line cant block anyone

Unimpressed with the D  Cant allow 17 play drives or 6 yards per play

3 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Thats your take away?! Not that the 2 most important plays of the game saw defenders in on the qb untouched? Not that the creative misdirection stuff was tabled for frustrating Motor runs on 1st down that would have been just as good as kneeling and starting 2nd and 10? How about how clear it is that Brady just folds under pressure but yet rather than pressuring him we kept giving them short passes to set up 3rd which is predicated on the idea you STOP them on 3rd and that's the only way such a game plan is effective. It would help if the D figured out the ball was only ever going to Edelman but yet, there he is running free converting 3rd downs like a mad man. Their conservative plan on both sides wasnt enough to overcome for the win. Allen on the other hand gave this team a chance to win. IMO hes pretty far down on the list of why this game was lost.

Nice breakdown. Some def falls on Allen as well, the blame is all around. The missed tackles today drove me completely nuts as we did pretty damn well in this department all year. 

Tough loss all around. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Thats your take away?! Not that the 2 most important plays of the game saw defenders in on the qb untouched? Not that the creative misdirection stuff was tabled for frustrating Motor runs on 1st down that would have been just as good as kneeling and starting 2nd and 10? How about how clear it is that Brady just folds under pressure but yet rather than pressuring him we kept giving them short passes to set up 3rd which is predicated on the idea you STOP them on 3rd and that's the only way such a game plan is effective. It would help if the D figured out the ball was only ever going to Edelman but yet, there he is running free converting 3rd downs like a mad man. Their conservative plan on both sides wasnt enough to overcome for the win. Allen on the other hand gave this team a chance to win. IMO hes pretty far down on the list of why this game was lost.

Allen DID NOT give this team a chance.  What game did you watch?  The last time I checked, both defense and offense need to play well.  Yes, the defense made mistakes, but you can't expect them to do everything.  

Edited by Buffbills716
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Buffbills716 said:

Allen DID NOT give this team a chance.  What game did you watch?  The last time I checked, both defense and offense need to play well.  Yes, the defense made mistakes, but you can't expect them to do everything.  

Defense put them in a hole early.  Allen got them the lead.  He had a rough game but it was the best defense in the NFL.  

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I will be interested in what the "experts" on "22" say about that to.  IMO that was a tough pass to complete.  Folks claiming Knox was wide open don't understand how defenses stake out coverage's in the end zone. 

That play is exactly why we need a big "jump ball" type WR.   None of our current guys have the ability to go up and fight for the ball and bail out the QB on a throw like that.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffbills716 said:

The one that had us winning going into the 4th qtr maybe?

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

lol.  I notice he sounds happier after losses than he does after wins.

Right!   A year ago today I was driving on the 1-90 with my daughter.  We pass him (has a personalized plate) and he is knuckle deep in his nose.  She took a picture of it.  Made us laugh.

• Haha (+1) 1