We need a big WR

bills6969

It's obvious JA is not confident with his long ball right now.  He's not comfortable with throwing it to our smurf size WRs down-field so he overthrows the ball.  I think all it will take is a big, tall body WR that will out muscle DBs for the ball and I think JA will be more comfortable throwing the deep ball.

The last play was the exact reason you play Duke.  Swap his spot with Lee Smith or DiMarco.   Those guys will never be in a position to give you the 1st down or the 6 points when it's absolutely necessary.  

Allen needs to find a solution to the deep ball. It is awful. The Bills need a better return on investment from Kroft. He is invisible. Knox comes up with some great catches but if he doesnt stop dropping the easy completions he will get replaced. Why was Knox left to block Judon 1 on 1?? The Oline has a tough time picking up blitzes. The Bills need to sign a RT or draft one. Ford is terrible. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Just ignore he was getting his ass whipped all day with little or no time. Not sure why I am bothering here, never mind, I’ll just add you to the ignore list...

Please, show me the video on his missed deep throws on each of the first 3 drives where his protection was the problem.

I'll wait

That big WR is on our roster - Duke Williams.  Too bad he injured his shoulder in the Miami game in October.  I really expected coaching staff to work him back into the lineup by now.  I see no reason good reason to wait any longer.  He also caught his only target of 23 yards in that game before he went down.

5 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

Allen needs to find a solution to the deep ball. It is awful. The Bills need a better return on investment from Kroft. He is invisible. Knox comes up with some great catches but if he doesnt stop dropping the easy completions he will get replaced. Why was Knox left to block Judon 1 on 1?? The Oline has a tough time picking up blitzes. The Bills need to sign a RT or draft one. Ford is terrible. 

It’s Allen’s biggest fault, lack of control with his arm. He throws too hard and too fast all the time. Take a look at Mahomes, he has the ability to throw with nearly identical velocity, but he uses that ability pretty sparingly. The deep ball accuracy is not the disease, it’s the symptom. 

Fouts mentioned it multiple times today, with a bunch of other criticisms of Allen’s play today that I was fair. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ChasBB said:

It took a few years, but Joe Ferguson eventually learned to put a little touch on the ball - hoping Allen will, too.

I think he will.  I am optimistic.   But I also think some “drops” are not all on the wr like people are saying.  And drops happen for all teams. 

42 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

Agreed, there are throws a big guy just makes easier.  Allen did miss a lot of guys with a halfstep open downfield  On the flip side way too many drops again today.  Teams will continue to defend the Bills like this till he starts hitting some of those balls.  Wish they give Duke a chance 

Ya.. I'd like to see more of the Duke. He's a big fella.

Apparently the strike against Duke is he's not versatile. In other words, he can't contribute to special teams. Cusp players break into the roster by being able to make a special teams contribution.