How good are Tannenhill and the Titans ?

Teddy KGB

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I’ve always liked tanny more than most. He’s actually the floor for Allen imo.  He’s just never had the quality team he might have now in tenn.  they would be a scary team to face with how angry Henry runs 

I’m not sure of any similarities between Tannehill and Allen QB skill sets outside of their ability to run, but Allen has been a far better rusher in the NFL.

Tannehill looks good right now, but as teams get used to the new Titans with him at QB - that team will fall apart.  Tannehill is average and that team is riding the QB change, but we have seen this before with Tannehill - it most likely will not continue in the face of a good defense.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I’ve always liked tanny more than most. He’s actually the floor for Allen imo.  He’s just never had the quality team he might have now in tenn.  they would be a scary team to face with how angry Henry runs 

I kind of want Henry to replace Gore next season. The idea of relentlessly hammering teams with him and Singletary makes me something something. 

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I’m not sure of any similarities between Tannehill and Allen QB skill sets outside of their ability to run, but Allen has been a far better rusher in the NFL.

tanny was a decent runner the first few years but he’s been a better passer.   Allen for sure has been a better runner.  They’re both very good athletes playing qb but Ryan ran into injuries. 

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think there is merit to this viewpoint.  Or at least, Tannehill isn't nearly as bad as he has been portrayed.

Tanny was never bad! He's an example of how teams grow tired of average/respectable quarterbacking since that no longer wins anyone a Super Bowl or even makes a big playoff run (Nick Foles Eagles run notwithstanding). He was kind of Tyrod Taylor-ish, Kyle Orton-esque in a different way, maybe a Marcus Mariota with more staying power ...

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

These guys look solid.     Derrick Henry Just busts everyone’s heads open then Tannenhill kills with accuracy and running ability. 

Possible playoff opponent ? 

Tannehill is an inconsistent QB.  He can look great one week and then suck the next.  It seems that he’s not trusted anymore in Tennessee than he was in Miami.  But Tennessee has a better running game and defense.  So he’s still all about minimizing mistakes and supporting a good running game

3 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Tannehill is an inconsistent QB.  He can look great one week and then suck the next.  It seems that he’s not trusted anymore in Tennessee than he was in Miami.  But Tennessee has a better running game and defense.  So he’s still all about minimizing mistakes and supporting a good running game

16 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think there is merit to this viewpoint.  Or at least, Tannehill isn't nearly as bad as he has been portrayed.

I think he’s very good and the dink and dunk offense.