Cowboys mic’d up...the opponents perspective from yesterday.

Beast

3 hours ago, 32ABBA said:

They give out warning like that  often in games. It's not a big deal.

That said, I do think the Refs were calling the game from a Dallas perspective.

You could also say they were calling it from a Patsy perspective, as usual. When the Bills lose, it benefits the Patriots. From that viewpoint it will be interesting to see if the officiating mysteriously turns in the Bills’ favor when they play the Ravens, especially if there’s no way Buffalo can realistically win the AFC East.

Edited by Moose

7 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

The Cowboys strike me as an overconfident bunch, and they shouldn't be. 

Lots of talent which is just a collection of gifted athletes...…..but not a team.

The Bills are a team ……..trust the process :) 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Augie said:

Josh does not yet seem to benefit from “Brady Rules”.  OK, he’s not Jordan, but we could just call them......”NFL Rules”! 

It really seemed early that they wanted Dallas to win. Not a conspiracy theorist, but it sure looked that way early. 

I fear it’s the opposite. He’s become the new Cam Newton -who NEVER got the benefit of doubt on QB sneaks because he was so big & strong. I’m actually relieved to hear the refs ‘warned them’...

• Like (+1) 1

Everyone always says how talented the Cowboys are. The media says it constantly for the past 10 years. The way I see it, they have a good offensive line. They have 2 or 3 guys on their defense that are pretty good. Their QB is solid. He’s not great but he’s okay. By no means is he a top 10 qb in the league. The Running back is excellent, il give them that. Cooper is an above average WR. They are not even close to one of the most talented teams in the league IMO. There might be 1 position on the entire Defense that I would trade their guy for ours. And I’m not trying to say the Bills are the most talented team. I’m just saying. It’s incredibly overblown. Elliott is very good. He’s an elite player at his position. Presscot is having a good year but he’s nowhere near one of the top players at his position. The raiders decided cooper wasn’t worth it for them and they have been fine since. I’m not saying the Cowboys don’t have a solid roster but to me they are nowhere near as talented as people continue to say. 

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

As many of us suspected, the Cowboys should have been called for a late hit on Allen on the early scramble. Warn them that if they do it again it will be a penalty? We’ll give ya this one.....but don’t do it again!

That was fantastic! A warning for a hit to the head? I enjoyed the one Cowboy saying “we’re too talented top to bottom”!!! That right there is why they are a cluster F. Thanks BB this made my morning.

3 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

Boys get a warning,  but not our Bill's when Dak didn't even slide. The bias makes me so mad. Glad we won. Tough to beat refs and opposing teams. 

My thought exactly- wtf?

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

WTF is this "just warned us" "we were just warned" thing. 

If they hit Allen in the head while he is sliding, that's a penalty.  You warn them by throwing the flag and assessing them a !@#$!@#$% penalty.

Doesnt even have to be in the head... you hit a player at all sliding feet first and its a penalty 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

As many of us suspected, the Cowboys should have been called for a late hit on Allen on the early scramble. Warn them that if they do it again it will be a penalty? We’ll give ya this one.....but don’t do it again!

That was delicious. 

4 hours ago, 32ABBA said:

They give out warning like that  often in games. It's not a big deal.

That said, I do think the Refs were calling the game from a Dallas perspective.

Yes for little things like scuffles... not a clear violation of a rule and late hit on a Qb

• Like (+1) 1

The "late slider" comment is interesting because our coaching staff and Josh has said he needs to learn to slide better. I just think he never wants to slide but knows he has to sometimes. Where some qbs are always looking to start that slide early, hes more interested in getting that extra yard. 

Still should have been a penalty there, but I would say that was a late slide when you watch it again. 

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Everyone always says how talented the Cowboys are. The media says it constantly for the past 10 years. The way I see it, they have a good offensive line. They have 2 or 3 guys on their defense that are pretty good. Their QB is solid. He’s not great but he’s okay. By no means is he a top 10 qb in the league. The Running back is excellent, il give them that. Cooper is an above average WR. They are not even close to one of the most talented teams in the league IMO. There might be 1 position on the entire Defense that I would trade their guy for ours. And I’m not trying to say the Bills are the most talented team. I’m just saying. It’s incredibly overblown. Elliott is very good. He’s an elite player at his position. Presscot is having a good year but he’s nowhere near one of the top players at his position. The raiders decided cooper wasn’t worth it for them and they have been fine since. I’m not saying the Cowboys don’t have a solid roster but to me they are nowhere near as talented as people continue to say. 

The Cowboys certainly have a lot of talented players, but the whole seems less than the sum of the parts.  They built the best offensive line in football, a very solid defensive front 7,  and the best RB in football, but where has that gotten them, really?  They should be able to ground and pound everyone, right?  

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

lol this too funny, " we are too talented for this" Mike Schopp must be coaching them !

i thought the same thing, Allen is built to be a pocket passer, he runs when he has to.

Cowboys staff didnt have time to watch the tape (short week, shopping for jobs) so they bought into the ESPN narrative.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I fear it’s the opposite. He’s become the new Cam Newton -who NEVER got the benefit of doubt on QB sneaks because he was so big & strong. I’m actually relieved to hear the refs ‘warned them’...

I hope they are getting an earful before and after games a la Belichick and his “tripping” calls. This is much easier to see, is actually REAL and quite dangerous. 

• Like (+1) 1

Seems to me we're missing a broader point re the "ref warning/slides late" video bite.

That is, it's very strange it was included at all!!

It's a weird beat w/n the narrative flow of the Mic'd up segment, and it provides no real insight into the Cowboy or Bills game play.

It does, however, shine a rather glaring spotlight on one aspect of the game: crap officiating.

So, bottom line: cui bono? 

I've no answers my friends, only questions and more questions.

Garz: if comment directed to me, then we're in violent agreement. Hit was late. Refs gave ridiculous warning instead of a flag.

But....if it wasn't in the Mic'd up, nobody would know about it, except for the 'boys bench.

My point: it's peculiar, to the extreme, that now we all know about it, and purposefully so (cuz it made the final edit).

In my line of work, I learned that coincidences are rare.

3 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Garz: if comment directed to me, then we're in violent agreement. Hit was late. Refs gave ridiculous warning instead of a flag.

But....if it wasn't in the Mic'd up, nobody would know about it, except for the 'boys bench.

My point: it's peculiar, to the extreme, that now we all know about it, and purposefully so (cuz it made the final edit).

In my line of work, I learned that coincidences are rare.

Funniest part is end of My video when coach knows his guy messed up and refs let him off the hook 

• Thank you (+1) 1