Darnold likes to party after a big win

Reed83HOF

This seems in keeping with NY Jets QB tradition.

Namath was not a choir-boy.

After taking on the full wrath and scorn of the NYC media for seeing ghosts and getting embarrassed by NE, the dude probably needed to blow off steam. Unless he starts showing up to practice and games stoned or drunk, or both I would not be too worried.

I prefer my QB to stay clean and sober as an athlete that the team is depending on, but they are human, they are not perfect, and we should not expect that.

54 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Oh for sure...I was in my 20's once.  

I just wonder what if feels like that everywhere you walk into, you could pretty much have any girl.

I read an article where celebs were talking about how easy it was.  I think it might have been a Maxim article or something.  Ben Affleck said just the other day, he was at coffee shot getting coffee.  This woman walks up to him, it's like 8:00 am, and asks if she can bleepity bleep his member in the bathroom.  That's never happened to me while getting coffee.

I had a teammate in college that was a virgin.  He was just a really shy guy and would never approach any girl.  One his 19th birthday, we took him out.  He doesn't drink so we tried to make it a really good night for him.  We started telling all these girls that we were celebrating our teammate getting drafted in the 1st round in the MLB draft.  We told these girls he got a $10 million dollar signing bonus just because he was that good.  We couldn't keep girls off of him.  Like literally, they were all over him and it was so funny how awkward it looked....he never had girls approaching him and didn't know how to handle it.

Thats hilarious...  I hear you.

Working in private equity did it for one of my college buddies. He went from shy nerd controlled by some prudish girl for years, to an absolute magnet. He still had to hunt a bit, but to me it looked like he was shooting fish in a barrrell. 

btw I wonder if afleck said ok, but I’m going to continue drinking my coffee... 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

6 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He definitely got quality later on.  

I worked with a guy who was on the Real World.  Even he was pulling girls just because he was on TV.   We went out a few times and girls would walk up to him.  It was unfair.

Most women are trash like that. Then wonder why they get treated like trash.

16 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I would love the life of Derek Jeter until I was ready to settle.  

If I wasn’t at the level of Jeter...let’s say I was equivalent to Trent Murphy.  I wouldn’t have models and actresses in my Rolodex...it would be bartenders and Hooters waitresses.

You have to know your place.

Bartenders?

5 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I agree with your post in its entirety. Why professional athletes, with a penchant for skirt chasing, get committed early is beyond my understanding. 

it is said "show me a hot girl, and I will show you a guy who is bored of (... err....) kissing her" 

Presumably, said by guys who are thinkin' with the little head, of girls who don't have much besides "hotness" going on for them.

4 minutes ago, Wagon Circler said:

Bartenders?

A termite walks into a bar....

17 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I mean a 24 year old millionaire professional athlete?  Me and every single guy on here would do the same thing.  I wouldn't get married until I'm like 40.

Haha. I am not a 24 year old millionaire professional athlete and I am hoping to avoid marriage altogether. :)

• Thank you (+1) 1

How in the world can you knock Darnold for this? First of all, 99 percent of us would be doing the exact same thing.

Second, imagine the caliber of women he'd be getting if he WEREN'T the Jets starting QB? We're talking bottom of the barrel.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Haha. I am not a 24 year old millionaire professional athlete and I am hoping to avoid marriage altogether. :)

I’m not getting married again.  I lived with my girl before we got married and nothing felt different.  I put 100% of the down payment on our house....of course she got half when we sold it!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

That's true. And I salute you for your strong wedding. Hey, we (almost) all strive for that. But see, yours is an "old couple", from an era prior to social media and feminist indoctrination. Anyway, Darnold is successfully putting strife among us Bills fans ha ha. Let him do his thing and let us root for the Bills this Thursday :)

Bruh.

Who hurt you?

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yes but if you're lets say like a Christian MCaffrey, Patrick Mahomes or a Nick Bosa....you walk into a bar and you are a magnet.  You have options and usually better options.

Why hunt if you can gather?  I'd rather go to the grocery store and not have to hunt for my food.

Now settling down is different....I'm focusing on 20 to 30 year old young athletes.  

Jeter was the man.  Just like Sinatra.  Just like Clooney.  

Yeah - not everyone's built that way... Allen's what 23?  He has had the same girlfriend for a while now.  I mean - she's a pilates instructor/instagram model so... it isn't like he settled.  But you get the idea.

14 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Yeah - not everyone's built that way... Allen's what 23?  He has had the same girlfriend for a while now.  I mean - she's a pilates instructor/instagram model so... it isn't like he settled.  But you get the idea.

Oh she seems great...she really does.  I didn't mean settle as in quality of woman...settle as in settled down early.  

I just couldn't do it at that age. 

Crazy that the Jets could be 6-7 if the beat the Bengals and Fins in the next two weeks. Of course they play the Ravens, Steelers. and the Bills the next 3 weeks so even getting to 7-8 wins is unlikely but I think it is a positive for them to even just get to 6 wins after how awful they looked. I think the strong finish (having a 5 game wining streak is a positive) helps them long term build back the confidence and culture of their team and young QB. 

I do think that their long term winning prospects aren't bad but not great either. They have the young QB. Some other pieces in place on the roster and their cap flexibility going forward isn't bad. They have 66 million in space and could free up another 20 million with some modest cuts. But even with about 86 million in cap space they still have a massively flawed roster and a lot of work to do that their cap space and draft picks can't fix. 

Overall however if the Jets follow the Bills model of building a team and spread around their free agency dollars to add more quality starting pieces as opposed to 2-3 major pro-bowl players and they have a good draft they could push above .500 next season. But their coaching remains a huge issue one that even if they build a more talented roster could hinder them from competing on a more serious level. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Crazy that the Jets could be 6-7 if the beat the Bengals and Fins in the next two weeks. Of course they play the Ravens, Steelers. and the Bills the next 3 weeks so even getting to 7-8 wins is unlikely but I think it is a positive for them to even just get to 6 wins after how awful they looked. I think the strong finish (having a 5 game wining streak is a positive) helps them long term build back the confidence and culture of their team and young QB. 

I do think that their long term winning prospects aren't bad but not great either. They have the young QB. Some other pieces in place on the roster and their cap flexibility going forward isn't bad. They have 66 million in space and could free up another 20 million with some modest cuts. But even with about 86 million in cap space they still have a massively flawed roster and a lot of work to do that their cap space and draft picks can't fix. 

Overall however if the Jets follow the Bills model of building a team and spread around their free agency dollars to add more quality starting pieces as opposed to 2-3 major pro-bowl players and they have a good draft they could push above .500 next season. But their coaching remains a huge issue one that even if they build a more talented roster could hinder them from competing on a more serious level. 

The problem here is that they do not have Beane in their FO to steward their dollars, and like you already inferred, they are coached by a guy who sees floating tacos after hitting the salts. That is all. 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

19 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

I partied with JK at a strip club in Canada once.  We partied as in we both drank at opposite corners of the club. 

I used to hold the big table in the back at Sundowners for Ruben B. and the Rookies he used to bring up on Fri. or Sat.

By the time they arrived, and I turned the table over to them, I was so wasted that all my road dog and me could think about was that drunken journey back to the B-Lo.The lord looked out for us big time!

• Thank you (+1) 1

I want to dump on the Jets as much as the next guy, but I am having a hard time figuring out what the problem with this story is.  He went out with his teammates to a bar to celebrate, had a few drinks, maybe too many, flirted with some girls, and went home at 12:30. Oh, the horror!  What am I missing?

• Thank you (+1) 1