Week 12: Broncos at Bills

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, cd1 said:

Maybe - but Daboll likes trickery!

I think that if Gore is in the game that everyone will expect him to get the ball.

I would go with a two back set and keep feeding Singletary until they forget about Gore. 

Then feed Gore the ball.

Win game first, then worry about Gore's yards

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, cd1 said:

Maybe - but Daboll likes trickery!

I think that if Gore is in the game that everyone will expect him to get the ball.

I would go with a two back set and keep feeding Singletary until they forget about Gore. 

Then feed Gore the ball.

That's a very good point. That may be the correct way to approach it. I can definitely see this happening and IMO it is a good idea. Good post.

20 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I like it. He can run the clock out and protect our lead.  (And the ball)

I'm not saying he shouldn't get the ball early.  In fact I think he should.  My only point is let's do what we need to do to get the win.  I'm nervous about this game, unlike some on this board.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

As per the official Broncos website, Ron Leary - RG is also listed as questionable.  All four of the questionable offensive linemen are starters on the team site's depth chart.  The fifth, Garrett Bolles isn't very good.  Could make for an interesting afternoon.  Heuerman is their starting TE (though Fant plays a lot) and Tim Patrick is one of their starting WRs.  

https://www.denverbroncos.com/team/injury-report/

47 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That's beautiful to watch, and wonderful to hear an analyst praising Josh's recognition of the D that changed from pre- to post-snap and having the confidence (and arm) to thread the needle.

I just feel like this is going to get better and better.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I think both QB's will be up against it on Sunday. I think whichever teams runs the ball best will be likely to come away with the victory. Advantage Bills because I feel the Bills D will be able to concentrate more on Lindsay and not worry as much about Allen burning them. Josh poses more of a threat from his position due to his ability to scramble, run and throw on the run. I think Smoke and Sutton will cancel each other out due to Harris Jr. and Tre. That means opportunities for Beasley, Knox and McKenzie.

Bills 24

Broncos 17

Great analysis.

I would just add that if you are going to include Knox as a potential plan B offensive threat for us then you have to allow for Noah Fant as a genuine target for Denver.

Edited by SydneyBillsFan

13 minutes ago, eball said:

That's beautiful to watch, and wonderful to hear an analyst praising Josh's recognition of the D that changed from pre- to post-snap and having the confidence (and arm) to thread the needle.

Cosell knows his stuff too.  Unlike a number of talking heads, he literally spends hours and hours watching film.

https://www.thespread.com/nfl-football-public-betting-chart

Lots of public money coming in on the Broncos in the last 24 hours. The money was around 60% on Bills until recently. Are we about to get shafted by the refs because it not our time? Line is down to 3.5 in some spots now.https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

2 hours ago, eball said:

Its been refreshing not see the Barkley callers pretend to like josh for a week. Lot less frustrating of a read around here.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, eball said:

This supports the assertion that Chris Brown made that Allen is starting to make progress in his post snap reads.  He already does well in his pre snap reads.