Week 12: Broncos at Bills

YoloinOhio

This is a tough game because it will put the two biggest weak spots - run defense and pass pro - to the test.  Lindsay is the kind of back that gives the Bills a really hard time - he's patient in the backfield and explosive when he reaches the second level.  And Fangio will scheme some difficulties for Josh, including weird pre-snap disguises.  Fangio is smart enough to take away John Brown - Allen will have to go through his progressions to find someone else, all while hoping Ford holds up in his assignment against Von Miller.  The Bills should win this game but it's far from an easy one.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

2 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Chip Von Miller all game long please

They will give him help with Knox and Kroft, or at least they should.

I would not be surprised if the Broncos have Miller test Dawkins too on 3rd and longs to try to get the strip sack turnover from blind side. I would.

Ford is not the only worry. They should make it clear to both, if it comes down to a blind side hit on Allen, tackle the guy instead and take the penalty.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The Denver game has concerned me for weeks.  I never understood why people were chalking this up as one of the "easy" games.  Minnesota is a very solid club and Denver just went in there and put up nearly 400 yards of balanced offense. Denver has a pretty good D as well.   I'll take a late field goal and get out of this game alive.  

Denver isn't a pushover like Miami, but the Bills are a significantly better team.  I feel pretty good about this one, although it does figure to be a defensive struggle.  

6 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

And how's Denver going to put more than 10 on the board?

They put 23 up against Minnesota.  Don't underestimate them, take Denver seriously and that is how you beat them.  Don't AssUMe.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Denver played well for a half against a Minnesota team coming off a huge emotional win over the Cowboys - a game that very much mattered. Denver had a full week off to prepare and plan for Minnesota. Minnesota's D isnt as good as our D. Denver does have a legit defense. Playing that game in a dome in ideal weather helped their offense as well. 

We should win, but it will be a close game. 

I think we can't afford to start out slow.  Minny has the O to make up a huge deficit.  We don't have that type of O.  If we play our top game all game, we get a close win.  Denver will move the ball, we need to prevent TD's and FG.  Special teams is likely important to pin them back and let the D pressure a young QB.  

10 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I think we can't afford to start out slow.  Minny has the O to make up a huge deficit.  We don't have that type of O.  If we play our top game all game, we get a close win.  Denver will move the ball, we need to prevent TD's and FG.  Special teams is likely important to pin them back and let the D pressure a young QB.  

Why will Denver definitely move the ball? We have faced better offenses and they haven't easily moved the ball. Denver hasn't been an offensive juggernaut lol. They played better this week against Minnesota after having a full extra bye week to game plan and practice for them. They have a good run game and Sutton could cause White problems due to his size and physicality, but they have a young and inexperienced QB coming into not great weather against a really good D, on the road. We do need to play a full game for sure, and itll be close. I just dont see their offense as a problem if, as you say, we come to play. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

Why will Denver definitely move the ball? We have faced better offenses and they haven't easily moved the ball. Denver hasn't been an offensive juggernaut lol. They played better this week against Minnesota after having a full extra bye week to game plan and practice for them. They have a good run game and Sutton could cause White problems due to his size and physicality, but they have a young and inexperienced QB coming into not great weather against a really good D, on the road. We do need to play a full game for sure, and itll be close. I just dont see their offense as a problem if, as you say, we come to play. 

People around here love to be afraid of the current week's opponent, whether it makes sense or not. While I agree Denver has a solid defense, their offense is - as you say - nothing to be afraid of.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

the Dolphins moved the ball last week.  I see Sutton having a game comparable to Parker.  Denver has 2 good RB's.  Philly moved the ball on us all day with 2 good RB's.   I don't think the offense can be taken lightly.  But I think we agree, the Bills show up in Q1, we'll be fine.  

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

People around here love to be afraid of the current week's opponent, whether it makes sense or not. While I agree Denver has a solid defense, their offense is - as you say - nothing to be afraid of.

if we don't take care of the ball, that D could give their O short fields to work with.  They have enough on O to put up points, esp. with a short field.  

I still think we win, but it won't be a blowout.  

• Like (+1) 2

Allen needs to start have good games against top teams. the excuses are over

look at Kyler Murray this season. if his team was slightly better they would have beat the 49ers yesterday.  he is probably going to be the next Russell Wilson. 

every top team we have faced this season  Allen has struggled big time to put up points. 

35 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

And how's Denver going to put more than 10 on the board?

we gave up a combined 41 points to Miami this season. 

12 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I’m much more concerned that the Bills will lay an egg and play like a crappy team than I am the Broncos will come out and actually look like a decent opponent. They stink.

2 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

look at Kyler Murray this season. if his team was slightly better they would have beat the 49ers yesterday.  he is probably going to be the next Russell Wilson. 

every top team we have faced this season  Allen has struggled big time to put up points. 

Yes, you seem you would be much happier to see Allen with 350 yard games and the Bills with a 3-7 record. 

Broncos are better than Miami and they beat the Browns.  Broncos had a first and goal at end of Minn game and just didn't score on 3 plays.  They are certainly capable of winning though.  Just looking at a teams record and thinking Bills should win "this one" is not rational, same way as some thinking Bills won't win against Pittsburg or Dallas.  The NFL is not the NBA.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, eball said:

Edited for clarity.

The one thing I'll say about yesterday that was deceiving was the near-complete lack of a pass rush by Miami. The Bills' o-line simply isn't that dominating, of course; it was mostly an effect of a terrible pass rush. Like all QBs, Allen tends to look good when he's not pressured. That's not going to happen next week. 

13 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

we gave up a combined 41 points to Miami this season. 

7 was on a return, which is a fluke play.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, dave mcbride said:

The one thing I'll say about yesterday that was deceiving was the near-complete lack of a pass rush by Miami. The Bills' o-line simply isn't that dominating, of course; it was mostly an effect of a terrible pass rush. Like all QBs, Allen tends to look good when he's not pressured. That's not going to happen next week. 

I know, he literally had all day at times.  I wonder what his average snap-to-throw time was yesterday.

5 hours ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Surprising spread after the Vikings game. Thought we would be home dogs again. 

What? Dogs at home against a 3-7 team? C'mon man!!

1 hour ago, stevestojan said:

Line is now Bills -6

That was my prediction, seems about right. 

Edited by billsbackto81

16 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

It is also possible the line actually just really played well in pass pro...they have had moments where they have protected really well. I think its likely a combo of bad pass rush and good pass pro

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

It is also possible the line actually just really played well in pass pro...they have had moments where they have protected really well. I think its likely a combo of bad pass rush and good pass pro

Yeah, they had a good game. Actually, if you look at the Miami D, it has progressively played a lot better as the season has gone on.  Yesterday was the first game they gave up 400+ yards in seven weeks. Granted, they've been facing some horrible offenses (Mason Rudolph, Brian Hoyer, the Skins), but still. Also, I can't believe they gave up 643 yards -- 643!!! -- in week one. That is an unbelievable number.  

The pass rush is still bad, though - they only have 13 sacks through 10 games. 

image.thumb.png.7d9026b0d7e9fc812225103e439f5520.png

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 2