Week 12: Broncos at Bills

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, dakrider said:

Yes, you seem you would be much happier to see Allen with 350 yard games and the Bills with a 3-7 record. 

Broncos are better than Miami and they beat the Browns.  Broncos had a first and goal at end of Minn game and just didn't score on 3 plays.  They are certainly capable of winning though.  Just looking at a teams record and thinking Bills should win "this one" is not rational, same way as some thinking Bills won't win against Pittsburg or Dallas.  The NFL is not the NBA.  

I never said that. I want to see Allen put up points and win vs playoff caliber teams. 

Edited by Tesla03

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

People around here love to be afraid of the current week's opponent, whether it makes sense or not. While I agree Denver has a solid defense, their offense is - as you say - nothing to be afraid of.

You know the old saying, "Defense travels well"....

1 hour ago, Tesla03 said:

Allen needs to start have good games against top teams. the excuses are over

look at Kyler Murray this season. if his team was slightly better they would have beat the 49ers yesterday.  he is probably going to be the next Russell Wilson. 

every top team we have faced this season  Allen has struggled big time to put up points. 

we gave up a combined 41 points to Miami this season. 

Please find another team to support. Your hatred is obnoxious and very boring.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Please find another team to support. Your hatred is obnoxious and very boring.

please tell me how am I hating. I'm stating pure facts that Allen struggles to beat against any defense that isn't bottom 10 in the league. 

your calling me obnoxious when there are folks on this site who claim Allen has turned his career around b/c we just beat one of the worst defenses in NFL history. 

From what I could see, their Allen isn't afraid to take shots. Saw a few play-action passes go for big yards yesterday. They were definitely contested catches though. Sutton is developing very nicely and Fant is getting more action since the QB change. Their OL can be feasted on in the passing game, though and I think we'll be alright as long as we control the run game.

2 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

please tell me how am I hating. I'm stating pure facts that Allen struggles to beat against any defense that isn't bottom 10 in the league. 

your calling me obnoxious when there are folks on this site who claim Allen has turned his career around b/c we just beat one of the worst defenses in NFL history. 

I could lay it all out for you, using EVERY one of your posts, along with charts and graphs, but frankly, just re-read this post. It’s all there.

Seriously, lighten up. Consider yourself ‘encouraged’.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

Dude. Miami isn't even a bottom-10 pass defense this year, let alone worst all-time.

It's totally fine to point out that Miami is a bad team; it's ridiculous and unnecessary to state total falsehoods for the sake of marginalizing Allen's performance yesterday.

• Like (+1) 3

I see a close low scoring game. Here are my reasons:

1. Denver is good on D and will limit Allen’s ability, I also see a turnover or two keep it close.

2. Denver can run the ball pretty well but only have 1 truly good WR in Sutton

3. Bills D will keep the Broncos out of the end zone for the most part.

4. Both teams have been in mostly close low scoring games with the Bills pulling theirs out and the Broncos grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory.

final score?

Bills 14

Broncos 10

Edited by PatsFanNH
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

We need Cody to step up big time against Von Miller.  
Brandon Allen isn’t a scary QB to face. Staff has two games to study. I feel McDermott and Frazier can hold him in check. Run D will be tested again. 

Just blitz the living crap out of the kid like you did with Fitz. Eventually you'd think we'd  accidentally run into a interception? Get Ford blocking help from the RB. Tell your ST unit not to sh it the bed.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Just blitz the living crap out of the kid like you did with Fitz. Eventually you'd think we'd  accidentally run into a interception? Get Ford blocking help from the RB. Tell your ST unit not to sh it the bed.

Use Miller's first step against him.

Trap him early and often on delayed handoffs from spread shotgun formations. Use bubble screens to his side of the field to get him in pursuit and crack him with a play-side TE. Pile 2 TEs to his side and smash on him in the run game.

It won't take him out completely, but it'll slow him down enough to hit some plays down the field.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tesla03 said:

Allen needs to start have good games against top teams. the excuses are over

look at Kyler Murray this season. if his team was slightly better they would have beat the 49ers yesterday.  he is probably going to be the next Russell Wilson. 

every top team we have faced this season  Allen has struggled big time to put up points. 

we gave up a combined 41 points to Miami this season. 

Denver is a top team?

Also, this offense has struggled to put up points.  Not just Allen.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Dude. Miami isn't even a bottom-10 pass defense this year, let alone worst all-time.

It's totally fine to point out that Miami is a bad team; it's ridiculous and unnecessary to state total falsehoods for the sake of marginalizing Allen's performance yesterday.

?? -- Miami is last in the league in sacks with 13, is near the bottom in INTs with only 6, and are allowing a collective passer rating of 105.6. That is terrible. I am certainly higher on Allen than Tesla and think he's judging too harshly, but he's making an arguable point. 

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

?? -- Miami is last in the league in sacks with 13, is near the bottom in INTs with only 6, and are allowing a collective passer rating of 105.6. That is terrible. I am certainly higher on Allen than Tesla and think he's judging too harshly, but he's making an arguable point. 

Aren't they 20th in pass YPG allowed? I admit that I only looked quickly, and like I said I think the Miami-sucks point is valid. I also think that all too often hyperbole overtakes context.

EDIT: just looked. 20th in pass YPG, 26th in YPA allowed.

Bad, but not all-time bad 

Edited by thebandit27
  • Like (+1) 1