Week 12: Broncos at Bills

YoloinOhio

24 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Bills should definitely win this game at home.  The Broncos aren't nearly as talented as the Browns.

Bills go 8-3 with 5 real tests coming to finish the season.  They're going to have to play their best football at a time when they should be.  This is when sleeper teams get hot and make runs.

Tell me the Bronco’s are your sleeper team, and I will forgive you! That’s vague enough to void the jinx! 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pokebball said:

Typical Denver weather this time of year.  Shouldn't benefit either team.

Yes but we have the low altitude - the abundance of oxygen will affect them

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Just blitz the living crap out of the kid like you did with Fitz. Eventually you'd think we'd  accidentally run into a interception? Get Ford blocking help from the RB. Tell your ST unit not to sh it the bed.

This!!!

I was so damn frustrated against the Browns that we weren't blitzing Mayfield. Glad Frazier flipped that against Miami. I hope that keeps up. Our front 4 just aren't good enough to consistently get pressure on the QB... and I think it's time to switch Lawson in for Murphy in the starting lineup.

15 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I realize I’m gonna seem like a giddy school girl, but that was a great interview. He’s maturing before our eyes. Gone is the exclamation in his conversational tone -the ‘Golly Gee’ if you will and replaced with a calm understanding of who he is and what he’s trying to become. Might just break my hard and fast rule of NOT buying current players jerseys and ask Santa for a Throwback #17.

11 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Allen has also been holding onto the ball a long time.  He has more than enough time to get the ball out within 3-4 seconds, typically.

Yeah, but often his receivers need more time to shake loose from coverage. It’s 6, one half dozen.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Might be a stupid question but what happened to Flacco? Did they Bench him or did he get hurt? The QB that was playing yesterday wasn’t too bad

As others have noted, he was placed on IR for a neck injury.  I happened to be watching his last game and he was absolutely DRILLED by a defender on the final play of the game.  After that game he trashed the coaching staff, and the next day he went on IR.  The timing of the two events is a convenient coincidence but I do believe he was/is hurt.

12 hours ago, Pokebball said:

I think the Denver roster has good talent on it.  Their weakness is Elway and the coaching staff.

Agreed. And actually if you squint real hard, you can see that the Elway regime is finally starting to turn things around. In some ways the worst thing to happen to the Broncos was winning the Super Bowl with the last gasp of Peyton Manning. It convinced Elway that he could get by with a similar stopgap solution at QB and a dominant defense. So they trotted out Trevor Siemien, overpaid Case Keenum, and then decided sticking the 36 year old statue of Joe Flacco behind an awful O line would be the right course. 

They've finally moved on. Elway has missed on some big draft picks (Jerry Hughes, please meet LT first rounder Garrett Bolles ... get that sack count healthy next week!), often because he drafted for need (Bolles) rather than best player available. But overall, looking at UDFAs, lower round picks, FA acquisitions, etc., he's started to put good talent together: Courtland Sutton is really, really good at WR; Noah Fant is starting to show signs at TE and he's a superb athlete; Phillip Lindsay on offense and AJ Johnson on defense are excellent UDFA contributors; Dalton Risner is finally a keeper draft pick on the O line; maybe Drew Lock is something at QB. 

The Bills should win this one, but could the 2020 Broncos look a lot like the 2019 Bills? Sure.

I think the spread is about a point off. Should be -3.5. I expect and had predicted pre season that the Bills will beat the Broncos.

Buuuut, this isn’t a Division 3 team like the Fish, Bungles, Giants or the Skins, that they should be whomping! More like Tennessee or the Jets, a lesser team, but not by much,

ESPN's Power rankings 

12. Buffalo Bills (7-3)

Week 11 ranking: 13gn-arrow.png

Most underrated player: Jordan Phillips, DT

Phillips is a known commodity among the Bills fan base, but the rest of the league likely will get to know him this coming offseason, as he has played himself into a sizable payday. Despite initially taking a backseat to 2019 first-round pick Ed Oliver, the upcoming free agent trails only Aaron Donald in sacks among defensive tackles with seven and has been a much-needed presence in Buffalo's interior pass rush. -- Marcel Louis-Jacques

• Thank you (+1) 1