Week 12: Broncos at Bills

YoloinOhio

Denver was successful stopping the run, limiting the Vikes to just over 2yds per.   They came averaging 4 1/2 yds per.  Diggs tore up Davontae Harris, who was pulled the last two series.  I'm not sure Brown is as good as Diggs, but Daboll needs to study that and see how Diggs was beating Harris.  If it was just speed, we probably can't replicate that.  I think our TEs could have a big game.

4 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

the middle is strong.  Edges need some help.

stats show they are a top 3 OL running. And lower half pass blocking (but a lot of that can be attributed to Allen as QBs can negatively affect or positively affect an OL more than the OL can themselves in Pass Pro)

20 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

stats show they are a top 3 OL running. And lower half pass blocking (but a lot of that can be attributed to Allen as QBs can negatively affect or positively affect an OL more than the OL can themselves in Pass Pro)

Allen has also been holding onto the ball a long time.  He has more than enough time to get the ball out within 3-4 seconds, typically.

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Might be a stupid question but what happened to Flacco? Did they Bench him or did he get hurt? The QB that was playing yesterday wasn’t too bad

he is Hurt. IR with a neck I believe 

edit for link 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.baltimoresun.com/sports/nfl/bs-sp-cs-fbn-flacco-ir-20191101-w7a52cm4dnavloxyf355riqx6y-story.html%3foutputType=amp

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Thanks. I thought maybe they benched him especially after he blasted the coaches to the media about being cowards and not taking chances and how he hates the ultra conservative play calling 

4 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

He called out the coach and the playcalls and was essentially put on IR immediately

That guarantees he won’t be in Denver next year. I would take him as a back up over Barkley to be honest. Hell I would even welcome back Fitzpatrick to be Allen’s backup over Barkley, not saying Barkley’s horrible or anything it’s just that if Allen went down I want a capable number 2 Veteran back up Barkley is more of a number 3 option. 

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

That guarantees he won’t be in Denver next year. I would take him as a back up over Barkley to be honest. Hell I would even welcome back Fitzpatrick to be Allen’s backup over Barkley, not saying Barkley’s horrible or anything it’s just that if Allen went down I want a capable number 2 Veteran back up Barkley is more of a number 3 option. 

Do you want Josh to get injured?  LOL

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I was alluding to the "Fitz curse" to starting QBs.

I like Fitz myself.

I liked him as well, he was a gamer and a good competitor and a great locker room guy, his only downfall was and still is his arm strength and throwing bonehead INTs at the wrong times. To me he is the modern day Joe Ferguson even though Ferguson took us to the playoffs. Buffalo is truly Fitz’s home

Bills should definitely win this game at home.  The Broncos aren't nearly as talented as the Browns.

Bills go 8-3 with 5 real tests coming to finish the season.  They're going to have to play their best football at a time when they should be.  This is when sleeper teams get hot and make runs.

57 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Allen has also been holding onto the ball a long time.  He has more than enough time to get the ball out within 3-4 seconds, typically.

I agree but the question is why?  Are the routes not opening as they should?  Is he missing his receivers on their routes.  Is his O line giving him additional time to improvise?  Is he scrambling to buy himself more time to find an open receiver?

There are both good and bad about this.  One of Josh's strength's is his ability to scramble and buy himself more time to find a receiver.  Let's not be critical of that.  Obviously given this, he needs to do the smart thing with the ball and throw it away if he doesn't find a open receiver.  I think he's gotten better and recognizing that.

3 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Bills should definitely win this game at home.  The Broncos aren't nearly as talented as the Browns.

Bills go 8-3 with 5 real tests coming to finish the season.  They're going to have to play their best football at a time when they should be.  This is when sleeper teams get hot and make runs.

I think the Denver roster has good talent on it.  Their weakness is Elway and the coaching staff.

3 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I agree but the question is why?  Are the routes not opening as they should?  Is he missing his receivers on their routes.  Is his O line giving him additional time to improvise?  Is he scrambling to buy himself more time to find an open receiver?

There are both good and bad about this.  One of Josh's strength's is his ability to scramble and buy himself more time to find a receiver.  Let's not be critical of that.  Obviously given this, he needs to do the smart thing with the ball and throw it away if he doesn't find a open receiver.  I think he's gotten better and recognizing that.

My gut reaction is he has barely started 20 NFL games after playing minor league CFB, and his WR’s are not exactly All Pros running free. It’s a combination of things, but as long as it keeps trending in the right direction I’m just fine with it. Let’s give Josh more experience and add a stud WR in the draft, while Knox grows into the job. Give him solid protection and this whole thing could look very different in 12 months. 

Things often take time, I don’t need instant gratification. Let’s not panic, take the time to do it right! (And cross your fingers, of course!) 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

22 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

With all do respect, don't say this

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1