Has the bills offense shown any improvement from week 1 until now?

Steptide

11 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Ravens went to AFC Championship his rookie season.  Couldn't have been that bad.

A big part of it had to to with a great D and a solid run game. Flacco was  far from good his rookie season, he did improve in his second season, but was still not a finished product then. 

You could also put Eli on that list in my opinion. 

Some QBs struggle some don’t, they are all different players in different situations. There is a lot we don’t see on a day to day basis with these guys.  Allen rookie season was a terrible setting for him, that’s why almost everybody who surrounded him isn’t on the team anymore. He’s showed improvement, completion percentage up, yards per game up, INTs starting to go down.  I like how he plays his best football in the fourth quarter. Bills fans are just so desperate for the the answer they have no patience and pick every little aspect of his game apart. 

Edited by BananaB

11 hours ago, Steptide said:

This is the most frustrating thing for me. We're listening to the coaches say week after week how they have to get better and score more points. After last week, I kind of thought they were starting to figure it out using singletary more, but here we are again. I like that the bills wanna be a passing team, I don't want a run first offense, but there has to be a good balance. I'm really curious what the coaches are doing during the week to make the offense better. I have seen almost no difference between week 1 and week 10 when it comes to the offense 

I dont know, but ive learned when people ask questions in their title if you click on the topic they arent really ASKING... but theyll answer their own question!! It seems the answer is no;)

Edited by gobills1212
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I agree but he certainly did not yesterday.  He had several opportunities to win in the 4th  but came up short each time.

He put us ahead and then put us in position for a FG try. I think that’s pretty solid. 

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I would add Alex Smith to that list.  But can't think of any others.

I dunno if he was ever elite but fine.

He turned into a decent pro but pretty much every team he played for was looking to replace him which goes to show how high their regard of him was. 

Otherwise that's it. What you get at the end of year 2 is typically what you'll get in the future. 

Josh’s interceptions are trending down. Sure bring up something else, like fumbles. OR, just wait until next week when my jinx makes him throw 4. Oops! 

But seriously, he’s throwing balls away that used to be bad throws into pressure....resulting in picks.  The question was “any improvement”, so the answer is “yes”. That’s going to disappoint some people. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Josh’s interceptions are trending down. Sure bring up something else, like fumbles. OR, just wait until next week when my jinx makes him throw 4. Oops! 

But seriously, he’s throwing balls away that used to be bad throws into pressure....resulting in picks.  The question was “any improvement”, so the answer is “yes”. That’s going to disappoint some people. 

I agree with you on that. However, I'd rather see a more risk taking offense than a conservative one. I dont want Allen playing hero ball all the time, but some creativity on offense would be nice. The jet sweep seems to work well for the bills (which we ran alot against the redskins) but then only ran it like once yesterday. Just frustrating 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Troll Toll said:

The lack of success on deep passes tells me they don’t practice them enough. Those should be almost automatic when they are open. Watching Rodgers yesterday, he makes it look so easy to just throw a deep ball his guy can make a play on. Seems like Josh is all over the map in his trajectories on those throws. Coaches should be working with him to get the optimal trajectories on each type of deep throw. It’s disconcerting that our guys can’t even get a finger on these throws. They clearly aren’t giving enough attention to this area.

so in other words teach a QB how to throw a football from scratch. never gonna happen.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Steptide said:

I agree with you on that. However, I'd rather see a more risk taking offense than a conservative one. I dont want Allen playing hero ball all the time, but some creativity on offense would be nice. The jet sweep seems to work well for the bills (which we ran alot against the redskins) but then only ran it like once yesterday. Just frustrating 

As I’ve said, I’m not the pink slip kind of guy. I don’t want to have to start all over again from scratch. I’d rather fix what we have and do it better and smarter. BUT, I think 41 pass attempts and 14 hand offs is not all that conservative, or smart. If we had twice as many run plays and some more balance in the attack, maybe we could work some jet sweeps in? 

I had more fun watching the Bills lose to the Browns than I did watching the Bills lose the Jaguars in the playoffs. 

I'm just a casual fan and I just want to be entertained. I am more entertained with the offense now than I was before. At least some plays happened to get excited about. 

I agree that flaws do exist. I see people in the first and second half threads of every game leaving those reminders. People just hoping that the Bills will lose so the world will be convinced that the Bills suck. 

I'm just riding out the year hoping for the best. I don't understand how people can enjoy the games if they already have thier minds made up that the Bills suck. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, beacon said:

No difference to me. Dump OC now. I vote for hurry-up with 4 wide, Singletay lone back and let it rip. Let Allen scramble/run all he wants. Just slide!!!!!!

Are you sure it’s an OC issue? Seems more like a talent issue to me. It’s hard to find a worse WR core and RB core than ours and the oline is average. All of those groups are much more talented than the 2018 crew though.

32 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I had more fun watching the Bills lose to the Browns than I did watching the Bills lose the Jaguars in the playoffs. 

I'm just a casual fan and I just want to be entertained. I am more entertained with the offense now than I was before. At least some plays happened to get excited about. 

I agree that flaws do exist. I see people in the first and second half threads of every game leaving those reminders. People just hoping that the Bills will lose so the world will be convinced that the Bills suck. 

I'm just riding out the year hoping for the best. I don't understand how people can enjoy the games if they already have thier minds made up that the Bills suck. 

Some will call your post naive, but I like it.

In the off-season fans yelled they wanted a modern offense, passing in the NFL is the way to win games, ground and pound is for dinosaurs or for toe lickers, your offense needs to be innovative. After a couple 40 pass attempt games, people are convinced they need to be a running football.

I hate that we lost Sunday. I feel every part of the team had a low point in the game where they caused this to be an L in the column.

The offense lacks rhythm because we have a second year raw product trying to develop as a franchise QB, people complain about Daboll, but you see people open in passing game, then you see this offense is very prolific in the redzone (we rank 2nd in scoring percentage there) but the bottom line this offense needs to score more points as the defense needs to force more turnovers. Every aspect of this team can still get better.