What Was The Worst Thing About Today's Loss?

Peace Frog

What Was The Worst Thing About Today's Loss?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Pick which one thing, in your opinion, was most responsible for today's loss to the Browns.

• Two missed FGs
    • Offensive play calling
    • Josh Allen's decision making/throwing
    • Clock management
    • Coaching
    • Poor tackling
    • Run defense
    • Pass rush
    • Other (explain below)

10 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

We missed kicks we needed, and 8-13 on FGA doesn't get it done in this league. Sorry for those who can't accept it, but missing the 37?yarder can't happen, it really hurt.

Even though this is not the only issue I got with the way we lost this game ,

I Agree with you 100% on missed FG’s !!!!

That 28 year old wound still hasn’t healed 

( for me ) 

I replied “other” above. I believe the worst thing about the loss was not strictly an X and O’s issue. It was simply the inability of the team to impose its will on the Browns when the opportunity was there. Many here would call it being predictably “Billsy”. To me it is typical of a good team that has not yet really discovered an identity. There are many times that a talented, desperate home team comes out fired up and blows out the Bills. Instead we weathered the storm righted the ship and by all rights if House isn’t off we would have escaped with a win. That said the 90’s Bills would have grabbed this game in the 4th quarter and stomped on Cleveland until they were lifeless. This team is missing that piece. It competes whistle to whistle but has lapses in scheme on both sides that make every game too close. I do believe some of that is conservative play calling on both sides. Daboll often outsmarts people for no reason and drives stall because the call was “tricky”. Frazier/McDermott play soft coverage at the wrong times when tight man “could” burn you but 9/10 it stops the drive. If we could be just slightly more aggressive overall we win by 10 yesterday against a very talented desperate Cleveland team who was at home with everything on the line. Josh also is still missing 4 throws a game that are difference makers. He is still improving though we need to have patience at least we are 6-3 instead of 0-9 while developing a young QB.

All of the above noted the next two weeks are must win games. 8-3 going into big D will give us another opportunity to rise up and become a real threat. Perspective on the “process” is important.  

Edited by Lenigmusx

I picked the two missed FGs, as they were the difference in the game.  Their guy hit one, and ours missed two.  Game. 

That being said, I think yesterday showed how bereft we are of playmakers on offense.   We put Tre on Odell, and they could counter with Chubb, Landry and Hunt.   Outside of John Brown, whos good.... but not Odell, we are countering with a slot WR, a rookie RB and a rookie TE. 

Playing the Eagles and Browns really highlights how little Josh/Daboll have to work with.   Good OL, some nice young players, but we don’t have the other options better teams have.   Josh misses those deep throws, but they’re highlighted because of the need to hit those given our lack of playmakers that can bail Josh out. 

• Like (+1) 1

A lot of disappointing moments in this game that could have translated to a win. But the major problem I see now is Dabol, why is Singletary not getting more touches?! There is absolutely no reason to not give him the ball. It's almost like they are trying to force feed us Allen to prove he's a good QB. We fans are seeing we need more Singletary, the media can see we need more Singletary, why the hell can't the coaching staff see it?

I picked coaching because it encompasses the playa calling. They should have tried the 53 yard FG before half. They should have challenged offensive PI on the 4th down conversion in the 1st half. They should have run the ball more with Singletary. There was a lot not to like with the coaching yesterday. 

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

gotta learn how to close out a win

it's nice to be in the position to start thinking about how to close out a win

I said it in the other thread...

but it felt like they had it.  It felt like Allen was going to march down the field and the Browns couldnt stop them.  

Then they got to the 35 and everyone decided that was good enough.  Almost like before the drive, mentally, someone said "OK, all we have to do is make it to the 35 to give Stephen a shot!", then they got to the 35 and the goal was considered met.

Edited by May Day 10

I voted for coaching.  

This team has no nasty, no killer instinct.  The "process" is like one big Zoloft on these players.  

I don't think there's a Bills fan in the world that understood that bizarre offensive game plan yesterday.  

15 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I said it in the other thread...

but it felt like they had it.  It felt like Allen was going to march down the field and the Browns couldnt stop them.  

Then they got to the 35 and everyone decided that was good enough.  Almost like before the drive, mentally, someone said "OK, all we have to do is make it to the 35 to give Stephen a shot!", then they got to the 35 and the goal was considered met.

gotta finish out a winning drive like a boss

not play cutesy-pie games and hope for a tie with a long FG