What Was The Worst Thing About Today's Loss?

Peace Frog

What Was The Worst Thing About Today's Loss?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Pick which one thing, in your opinion, was most responsible for today's loss to the Browns.

• Two missed FGs
    • Offensive play calling
    • Josh Allen's decision making/throwing
    • Clock management
    • Coaching
    • Poor tackling
    • Run defense
    • Pass rush
    • Other (explain below)

1 minute ago, macnmotion said:

I disagree, it wasn't 1st and 25 that killed momentum. In fact the next two pass plays were great, leaving us with 3rd and 4 and putting Cleveland on their heals. What killed momentum was the play call on 3rd down, having Allen throw a bomb which wasn't within 10 yards of his receiver. What we needed at that time was a sustained drive from a 5-yard play. The bomb killed our momentum. I'll never understand that call, especially when Allen is so poor with his accuracy when throwing long.

Yes, but having to start at 1st & 25 was a hole they put themselves in.

2 hours ago, DCBongo said:

How the F do you only run Motor 8 times?  Dabol did it worng!

against the the 30th best run D, you pass 41 time and only hand off 14 times?  Singletary got 5.3 per run as you don't give him the football?  Biggest reason we lost IMHO.

singletary needs 20 runs per game and a few passes.

Feed Singletary.

Edited by reddogblitz

11 minutes ago, macnmotion said:

I disagree, it wasn't 1st and 25 that killed momentum. In fact the next two pass plays were great, leaving us with 3rd and 4 and putting Cleveland on their heals. What killed momentum was the play call on 3rd down, having Allen throw a bomb which wasn't within 10 yards of his receiver. What we needed at that time was a sustained drive from a 5-yard play. The bomb killed our momentum. I'll never understand that call, especially when Allen is so poor with his accuracy when throwing long.

That was the 3rd pass of the game long with a guy wide open that he missed badly.  If he hits any one of those we probably win. Bad call and worse pass.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

Its a lot of the above options but i hate all the drops AND that Allen throws behind the receivers alot. I know sometimes you do that to protect the player or keep the defender away from the ball but not all the time.

i really think the NFL rules really hurt young guys because they never practice under live conditions.

i think if these guys wore pads and hit in practice like they used to then josh and WRs could get in a lot better sync. As it is the only time it happens now is in the game which constantly changes with personnel groupings and formations plus the defense doing the same thing.

i also think live practice would also help the defense (and offensive line ) get more physical at the line and tackle better.

So i guess what i realizing is players CAN'T practice like they do in the game and younger players really need that.

32 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Yes, but having to start at 1st & 25 was a hole they put themselves in.

Yeah, it definitely was a hole, and a frustrating sequence to watch. But they got out of the hole, which in retrospect could have been a killer sequence for Cleveland had we called a rational third-and-short play. I'm just saying that there's a difference from a hole and a momentum killer. Any momentum lost because of the two penalties was immediatly regained as a result of the next two plays (evident from how quiet the stadium became). But we never got momentum back after the 3rd down play and resulting punt. At least we didn't in my living room ?

Edited by macnmotion

3 hours ago, Figster said:

I know its a team sport, but Mayfield beating Allen head to head is up near the top of the list for me.

mayfield taking the team down the field in the clutch like a boss for the TD

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Like Josh did the drive before. And he also went like 60 yards and then piss poor clock management happened

Had a minute plus a time out to get better field position 

hopefully we never see this strategy ever again 

they all have to learn how to win

15 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Had a minute plus a time out to get better field position 

hopefully we never see this strategy ever again 

they all have to learn how to win

He went 60 yards in 90 seconds and then the OC and HC got crazy with clock management

Josh was very good the last 2 drives

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He went 60 yards in 90 seconds and then the OC and HC got crazy with clock management

Josh was very good the last 2 drives

A learning situation and hopefully a character builder.

josh is developing just fine

• Like (+1) 2

In order of importance:

1) Tremain Edmunds missing tackles, choosing poor angles, not being able to shed blocks, running into a pile of engaged offensive/defensive linemen.

2) Josh Allen lacking touch when throwing the fade on the 1v1 matchup on the outside, he MUST give a change to the receiver to make the play.

On the long ball to McKenzie, I thought that the receiver screwed the play too.

3) Daboll not feeding Singletary with most touches against a poor run defense.

I think the Poll feature is broken. I tapped on every box as they are ALL the reasons we lost today. But my iPad started smoking and a flash warning appeared ‘IT DOES NOT COMPUTE! IT DOES NOT COMPUTE! WARNING! ⚠️ WARNING! ⚠️ 

I’ll have IT look into it in the morning.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

A lot of things collectively together.  Allen not making some of the throws he needed to make.  O line not making some of the blocks they needed to make.  Receivers not making some of the catches they needed to make.  Kicker not making either field goal he needed to make.  Defense not making the last stop they needed to make.  Daboll calling some pretty crappy plays here and there.  Not utilizing a run game against one of the worst rushing defenses in the league.  Why is it we rotate our tackles?  Pick a ***** guy and let him sink or swim.  You don't get continuity in an oline by constantly changing the players in it.

As good as the defense played they also played just as bad as the offense did really.

Yeah, I remember Levy rotating O-linemen and when asked about it said “Continuity is overrated.”  That was the only time in all those years with him that I disagreed with something he said.

The deep ball on 3rd and 4 was when I knew they weren't going to win. I don't know if that was on Daboll or Josh Allen or the receivers not getting open underneath, but man that was a terrible play. 

Edited by skibum

39 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

I think the worst thing is knowing that we're stuck with McDermott for a while and games like this will be very common during the remainder of his tenure.

Knock off the crusade. There isn’t any among the 50k+ here who don’t know your feelings on the coach. It’s a Crusade and we don’t appreciate them.

• Like (+1) 1