One former Buffalo Bill passes another...literally.

Congratulations to former Buffalo Bill Ryan Fitzpatrick who this last weekend passed former Buffalo Bill Joe Ferguson on the all time TD pass list. 

Fitz now has 198 career TD passes (45th) while Fergy has 196 (tied for 48th).  Along the way this weekend  Fitz also passed Andy Dalton, Steve DeBerg, Bobby Lane and Kenny Anderson, just to name a few.  A couple of weeks back he passed Ken Stabler.

The next few weeks could see him passing Phil Simms, Roman Gabriel, Randall Cunningham, Jim Everett and Kurt Warner, if he gets on a roll.  

Please note I've stated nothing further about the above than just historically significant milestones, so respectfully please don't turn this into, 'Whoa, this guy thinks Fitzy should be in the Hall of Fame!  Who the hell does he think he is?!  Time to finish my beer and Cheetos and bring this guy down a peg!!!  ...what's my password again?"*

*  This self dialogue may, or may not take place in the homes of some, or one of us, on this Board.  It is used for example purposes only...I hope. 

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Haha (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Interesting.  

There should be an asterisk because of all the teams that Fitz has been on. I don’t know if it makes him better, worse, or just different. Most of the other guys achieved their success with only one or two teams. 

I also appreciate your dialog at the end of your post. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Are you ever truly finished with beer and Cheetos?

ATL...you won the internet today.  Please enjoy it....I am laughing quite a bit.

15 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

Interesting.  

There should be an asterisk because of all the teams that Fitz has been on. I don’t know if it makes him better, worse, or just different. Most of the other guys achieved their success with only one or two teams. 

I also appreciate your dialog at the end of your post. 

Gray, I would like to see him give up on being a starter and go to a good team, just once through out the miserable 8 teams he has played for.

Is it to see him win?  No.  Really, it is for once to see him, if only for half, play with a team that is really good.  By no means would that mean he is anything more than what he has always been.

However...aren't we just a little curious to see that?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I wish Fitz was my drinking buddy.

I'll bet Fitz was a good wing-man, back in his Harvard days.

(Hey - am I the first one to mention Harvard?)

• Haha (+1) 3

I really enjoy Fitz threads.   Most people respond with a sense of humor.  

This past week the announcers were discussing how it seems like every game for Fitz is a revenge game against one of his previous teams. 

14 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

He should also get props for, each and every week, playing against a team he USED to play for and having to answer the question: does that provide motivation? ? 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Fitzy is a legend. An average Quarterback but what a guy. 

The paradox of Fitzy is that he's an average QB only in the sense of the cartoon about "statistically, the Duck is Dead".

I can't find it at the moment, but it shows a duck standing there with a cluster of shots to the left and to the right.

If you average them....

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Fitz got laid pretty frequently....I’m sure of it.

Apparently still does - he and his wife have 7 kids.

He's resilient, on and off the field!

• Haha (+1) 3

I won't be satisfied until Fitz has started a game for every single team in the NFL.

Doesn't Fitz have a record for most starts without a playoff appearance or something similar? Archie Manning was high on that metric as well.