Jump to content
Shaw66

Amazing how the National Press Ignores the Bills

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

 

would we rather they play better and lose a few hard-fought battles of equality?

 

 

I'm trying to figure out how playing better means we would lose.  

  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, row_33 said:

 

would we rather they play better and lose a few hard-fought battles of equality?

 

I do think there is truth to the fact that bigger win margins would make us more exciting to the media given our history. 
 

That said, I swear people will complain to complain. Wasn’t long ago we couldn’t win games. Now we’re winning and we still B word. I could just see us winning every game from here to a Super Bowl victory by one point and people would be saying “yes, we finally won a championship after all this time but I don’t think I can celebrate because there weren’t enough style points to the wins”. 
 

When the Red Sox broke the curse, did the fans care how many points they won the games by? Holy *****. 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bongo said:


 

That said, I swear people will complain to complain. Wasn’t long ago we couldn’t win games. Now we’re winning and we still B word. I could just see us winning every game from here to a Super Bowl victory by one point and people would be saying “yes, we finally won a championship after all this time but I don’t think I can celebrate because there weren’t enough style points to the wins”. 
 

 

 

LOL!!

 

football is tough

 

did your coach ever pat you on the head and say your effort was enough?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bongo said:

I do think there is truth to the fact that bigger win margins would make us more exciting to the media given our history. 
 

That said, I swear people will complain to complain. Wasn’t long ago we couldn’t win games. Now we’re winning and we still B word. I could just see us winning every game from here to a Super Bowl victory by one point and people would be saying “yes, we finally won a championship after all this time but I don’t think I can celebrate because there weren’t enough style points to the wins”. 
 

When the Red Sox broke the curse, did the fans care how many points they won the games by? Holy *****. 

 

The fact that you and others are even making comparisons to championship caliber teams of the past, even if only to make a point, just shows out of touch this fanbase is with the realities of this team.

It's not just about the amount of points or W/L record, it's HOW THEY ACTUALLY PLAY ON THE FIELD!

 

For real people, believe it or not, people do watch our games sometimes and what they see isn't convincing. Our QB is young and doesn't do any one thing particularly well, though he does fumble a lot & throw a good amount of picks. At the same time, he does just enough in the 4th quarter to help the team win, which is all the fans care about but not the rest of the world who watches.

When the offense just kind of meanders through a couple quarters each game (especially the 3rd quarter where they often do nothing), and when they're doing this against some of the worst opponents in the league, it's hard to consider this team a genuine threat to anybody.

And now that the defense has shown they can't stop the run, even when they specifically gameplan to stop the run, how can anyone be surprised we're not getting showered with praise? The media IS talking about us, plenty actually...just not all sunshine & rainbows like the fans want. I live in Texas, and I hear Bills talk almost daily whereas I never used to hear it during the drought.

Beat someone relevant, play ONE great game against ANYONE, hell, play a good full 4 quarters against anyone... Then whine about not getting enough praise. Don't go 3 quarters letting the Dolphins get the best of you AT HOME, or don't require a TD in the last 2 mins against the currently 0-8 Bengals at HOME to come from behind & escape with a victory and expect the national press to anoint you as world beaters.
*
*
*
Also, front page of ESPN.com right now - https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27973780/bills-mafia-blends-ketchup-mustard-nfl-season-shot-hope 

Bills coverage, even if it is about the fanbase.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:


It's not just about ..........W/L record

Really? Ok, maybe not 100%. But if we were to finish the season 14-2, but winning every game in the final couple of seconds, I’ll be pretty happy. Don’t expect it but would be pretty happy nonetheless.

 

Am I to assume you wouldn’t be? 

2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

The Bills' run defense is starting to give me some pause. It was one thing to get gashed by the Eagles last week, who unleashed a multitude of looks and personnel in the backfield and had a dominant day from that powerful offensive line. It's quite another to let Adrian Peterson and the woeful Skins line gut you over 100 yards in the first half alone, at home, on a day when Skins QB Dwayne Haskins was making his NFL debut and wasn't exactly going to be pressing your secondary deep. Let's just say I am a little concerned.

In the past two weeks the Bills – built on defense, let's be honest – have allowed 345 yards rushing (!) on 64 carries, for a scary average of 5.4 per carry. That's not going to get it done. The Bills are not catching the Patriots, and it's all about wild card positioning for them. This November schedule should be a time to make things happen, and it very well may still, with the Browns, Dolphins and Broncos up next. But two of those teams can move the ball on the ground pretty well, and this defense needs to remain stout because I don't see Josh Allen winning a lot of games coming from behind given where he is at this point.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

 

The fact that you and others are even making comparisons to championship caliber teams of the past, even if only to make a point, just shows out of touch this fanbase is with the realities of this team.

It's not just about the amount of points or W/L record, it's HOW THEY ACTUALLY PLAY ON THE FIELD!

 

For real people, believe it or not, people do watch our games sometimes and what they see isn't convincing. Our QB is young and doesn't do any one thing particularly well, though he does fumble a lot & throw a good amount of picks. At the same time, he does just enough in the 4th quarter to help the team win, which is all the fans care about but not the rest of the world who watches.

When the offense just kind of meanders through a couple quarters each game (especially the 3rd quarter where they often do nothing), and when they're doing this against some of the worst opponents in the league, it's hard to consider this team a genuine threat to anybody.

And now that the defense has shown they can't stop the run, even when they specifically gameplan to stop the run, how can anyone be surprised we're not getting showered with praise? The media IS talking about us, plenty actually...just not all sunshine & rainbows like the fans want. I live in Texas, and I hear Bills talk almost daily whereas I never used to hear it during the drought.

Beat someone relevant, play ONE great game against ANYONE, hell, play a good full 4 quarters against anyone... Then whine about not getting enough praise. Don't go 3 quarters letting the Dolphins get the best of you AT HOME, or don't require a TD in the last 2 mins against the currently 0-8 Bengals at HOME to come from behind & escape with a victory and expect the national press to anoint you as world beaters.
*
*
*
Also, front page of ESPN.com right now - https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27973780/bills-mafia-blends-ketchup-mustard-nfl-season-shot-hope 

Bills coverage, even if it is about the fanbase.

#truth ... Let's play "Make Believe" ... everybody close their eyes and pretend you are a fan of another team and you're about to face the Bills this weekend.  What would YOU think about the Bills?  I'd venture a guess that it might be something like "Ya know, they have a good record, but hell, they played a bunch of garbage teams, and the good teams they played?  They lost those games ... these guys aren't that great - we're gonna beat them"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

#truth ... Let's play "Make Believe" ... everybody close their eyes and pretend you are a fan of another team and you're about to face the Bills this weekend.  What would YOU think about the Bills?  I'd venture a guess that it might be something like "Ya know, they have a good record, but hell, they played a bunch of garbage teams, and the good teams they played?  They lost those games ... these guys aren't that great - we're gonna beat them"

And you'd have been wrong 75% of the time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

#truth ... Let's play "Make Believe" ... everybody close their eyes and pretend you are a fan of another team and you're about to face the Bills this weekend.  What would YOU think about the Bills?  I'd venture a guess that it might be something like "Ya know, they have a good record, but hell, they played a bunch of garbage teams, and the good teams they played?  They lost those games ... these guys aren't that great - we're gonna beat them"

 

just show up, you never know

 

the Raptors had the perfect storm of basically every good Warrior getting injured

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Show me the baby.

 

This team doesn’t deserve the recognition until they prove other wise.

 

Go crush the Browns this week and knock off the Patriots to win the AFC East.

 

So far, they’ve won games against bad teams and struggled to do it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bills had there chance for media love. Josh Allen and Buffalo was front and center on NFL.com and NFL commercial heading into Eagles game. They crapped the bed. Media won't bother with the Bills until Cowboys and Ravens games. And the Bills will not be the main story in those games even if they win the next three.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The defense is not nearly as good as people had thought weeks ago and the offense is in the dark ages. Have Allen win a game when the defense does not show up and then we can talk. This team needs a lot more pieces to play with the big boys. You want press? Take down the Cowboys on Thanksgiving and you will get more than you could have ever wanted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why wouldn't the national press overlook the Bills? Our local media isn't sold on the team either. Just tune out the noise and get the job done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we had beaten the Patriots we would be getting more buzz. This happens to other playoff teams every year, even teams that beat other good teams. IMO the 49ers still aren’t getting that much attention. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bongo said:

I do think there is truth to the fact that bigger win margins would make us more exciting to the media given our history. 
 

That said, I swear people will complain to complain. Wasn’t long ago we couldn’t win games. Now we’re winning and we still B word. I could just see us winning every game from here to a Super Bowl victory by one point and people would be saying “yes, we finally won a championship after all this time but I don’t think I can celebrate because there weren’t enough style points to the wins”. 
 

When the Red Sox broke the curse, did the fans care how many points they won the games by? Holy *****. 

 

The questioned posed was about media attention.

 

My answer, if that’s what you’re referencing in your little tizzy here, was in response to that.

 

We are boring and lack flow on offense. We also have no big names on that side of the ball. If Allen was slinging 350 and 4 TDs, or we were hanging 40 burgers on the regular , we’d ALL be hearing more about it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bongo said:

That said, I swear people will complain to complain.


100% this. I worked at Wegmans for almost 10 years from my teens to my twenties. One valuable lesson it taught me about negativity is that some people are just having a bad day, but other people are just hardwired for pissing and moaning, no matter what. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the national media is talking about us NOW! They have to, we’re playing the Browns and they never STOP talking about the Browns. I prefer OUR role in that conversation (though the Browns and their run game concern me....at least we are not the circus turned tire fire in Cleveland!). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

 


what does Dallas have to do with the price of chicken wings in Buffalo???

 

They lost to the JETS 

And they seek respect?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope no one is expecting this to change this week.  Sunday is the last stand for all those who crammed onto the Browns bandwagon before the season.

 

If the Bills lose it gives that crowd new life and validates the ‘Bills are pretenders’ narrative.

 

Come on Bills!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The second this team beats someone who’s good they’ll get recognition as of now. They’re beating teams they should beat and losing to teams that are .500 or better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I hope no one is expecting this to change this week.  Sunday is the last stand for all those who crammed onto the Browns bandwagon before the season.

 

If the Bills lose it gives that crowd new life and validates the ‘Bills are pretenders’ narrative.

 

Come on Bills!

 

If the Bills win it validates the “they haven’t beaten a decent team” narrative, so just keep beating the team in front of you.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2019 at 4:30 PM, Virgil said:

It’s the same reason to me we aren’t favored to beat the 2-6 Browns really.  
 

We haven’t made anyone believe we can beat a competent team.  

Haven't read all the posts, but in the RADIO.COM NFL Power Rankings the Bills are 15th, which puts them behind even the Panthers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...