Dallas could lose out on Cooper?

Virgil

6 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

McCaffrey, Kupp, Thielen, Edelman all easily better. JuJu is probably better, Odell, Michael Thomas...Just off the top of my head so probably top 10

Cooper is in that second tier if you ask me. At the top are Hopkins, OBJ, Thomas, Adams, Hill...I have Cooper in the Diggs/Golladay/Allen/Evans category

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

There should be no such thing as a “team friendly deal” and people that want that should go away. Imagine if you worked at Tops and Wegmans offered you double. Would anyone argue that you should stay at Tops?!? Everyone would think you are a moron. You aren’t doing what’s best for you or your family. The same thing in sports but it is even more extreme in some ways. The average career is 3 years long. Obviously, if we are talking about your 2nd contract you likely exceeded that but still. Get the market value!!! That holds true for all of us in every job.

The only team for which the "team friendly deal" bit is real is a perennial championship contender, where a player who wants "IN" may agree to a discount.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The only team for which the "team friendly deal" bit is real is a perennial championship contender, where a player who wants "IN" may agree to a discount.

That’s certainly true and the one time it makes sense. It often is vet players later in their careers chasing a ring. You see it a lot in the NBA. The Patriots have had it to a certain extent as well. More often than not, those guys have made their money.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Dallas strip clubs vs Dave & Busters. How many millions per year is that worth?   ?

OK.......zero.......

EDIT: To the strippers it could indeed be worth millions! Make it RAIN! 

Give me $300 and I'll get more action at a Dave and Busters including games, a meal, drinks, and $200 left in my pocket. 

22 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Here's a decent article about why they can afford both Dak and Cooper.  Neither are leaving unless they're unhappy there.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/how-historic-ezekiel-elliott-contract-impacts-cowboys-cap-space-and-why-they-can-still-afford-everyone/

But can they get them both done before FA?  Seems like both players want to be paid top 3.  While the Cowboys can afford it, it may take a while for the players to come down and understand their true value.  

One, or both, might want to see what offers they get from other teams.   It can only help their leverage 

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I never know what to think about this guy.... where does he rank among the top receivers in the NFL? 

I suppose it depends on the criteria.  Some people really emphasize statistical achievements while others include the intangible impact on the game.  I really like his intangibles.  When he is not double covered, he wrecks the game.  When his team faces a critical passing situation, they seem to look to him and he delivers.  He has played hurt trying not to miss playing time.  He is a willing blocker and is an asset in their run game.  He has stats that place him among the league leaders in various categories.  I also consider the joke that was the Dallas passing game before they acquired him from Oakland and how good they quickly became.  If he becomes a FA, he will be the best option out there and will be extremely expensive.  If Beane wanted to dump a boatload of cash on a guy, I'd be okay with it being Cooper.  I also believe that Cooper will be highly selective in choosing a team.  He had problems in Oakland because he didn't like all of the losing.  IMHO he will only consider playoff caliber organizations and may not want to play in a cold weather city.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Cooper is in that second tier if you ask me. At the top are Hopkins, OBJ, Thomas, Adams, Hill...I have Cooper in the Diggs/Golladay/Allen/Evans category

Ah, Hopkins slipped my mind, Julio as well, but he's old now.

Kupp is just beginning his career and dominating, that's why I have him on top.

Evans is another good WR I'd put in top tier. I just don't have Golladay, Allen, Adams that high...

Diggs is under Thielen in my book.

Tyreek is definitely dangerous but he's more of a gadget guy than #1 WR material. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Also QB’s. If I am a quality QB, the difference between 30M and 25M for myself isn’t as much as taking that 5M every year and getting a better tieres OLineman or WR. Because QBs take up about 15% of the salary cap, they have a much different effect than every other position. That said, I’m a MLB, I am getting paid! 

2 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Evans is another good WR I'd put in top tier. I just don't have Golladay, Allen, Adams that high...

Tyreek is definitely dangerous but he's more of a gadget guy than #1 WR material. 

Are you discounting Adams talent level because of Rodgers??? Dude’s 26 and he’s possibly the best WR TD threat in the league and can run every route. He’s improved every year in the league as well and posted 111 receptions for 1386 yards and 13 TDs last year in 15 games. I get that he only caught 75  passes and 10 TDs with DeShone Keizer throwing him the ball, but damn... please explain how that guy isn’t top tier.  

3 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

All great.  All will never see Free Agency.  

That’s why, if this happens, we have to jump on it.  

• Thank you (+1) 1