Joe B. All-22 Review of Bills-Eagles : Star was best Bills player on the front 7

YoloinOhio

Bills All-22 Review: Why Star Lotulelei was one of the Bills’ best and the WR combo that needs more time

https://theathletic.com/1334385/2019/10/29/bills-all-22-review-why-star-lotulelei-was-one-of-the-bills-best-and-the-wr-combo-that-needs-more-time/

After watching the Eagles break off some significant gains in the ground game — including the 65-yard Miles Sanders touchdown run — my inclination was one-technique defensive tackle Star Lotulelei was struggling. Lotulelei could have done more on that play, but it wasn’t wholly his fault the Eagles busted loose for the biggest play of the game. .

Outside of that long touchdown run, Lotulelei was an impact run defender while the rest of the defensive line and linebackers around him were lacking. He held his ground, took on double teams and set the table for his teammates at a high level. Lotulelei was the best player the Bills had on Sunday in the front seven, and it wasn’t particularly close. The stats back it up, as well.
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

-The Harrison Phillips loss to injury still stings. Particularly behind Lotulelei, backup Kyle Peko is not winning consistently enough during his limited snaps. The Bills have had to make unwanted adjustments because of him during the game, shifting Peko to three-technique and forcing either Jordan Phillips or Ed Oliver to one-technique on some plays.

• Like (+1) 1

Star's fine since he's gotten here.  He's done his job.  Taking up double teams and still holds his ground to eat up space which is exactly what he did in Carolina.  The lack of stats and large salary is why fans are all over him.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 10

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Star's fine since he's gotten here.  He's done his job.  Taken up double teams and still holds his ground to eat up space which is exactly what he did in Carolina.  The lack of stats and large salary is why fans are all over him.

Interesting fact:

- PFF has Star and Dareus as roughly average - and roughly equal - so far this year

- Which one makes more money this year?

(If you guessed Dareus, try again.)

Yet another example of why Joe B. (J Bus Bus...or whatever moniker he came up with during his WGR days) knows absolutely NOTHING about football. His insights are generic and, more often, copied. Not this one though...this is a whole new level of geeky incompetence. Most of his “material” (especially draft “guru” material) is stolen. Here’s Joe B’s unedited version: “Star played good. He’s a cool player. He was there. He should be good next week. We lost the game. Don’t forget to watch for my draft preview next week.”  

• Haha (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Interesting fact:

- PFF has Star and Dareus as roughly average - and roughly equal - so far this year

- Which one makes more money this year?

(If you guessed Dareus, try again.)

And Dareus is out 4 to 6 weeks right now and can't stop with his legal woes.

9 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I cannot believe we put ourselves in salary cap he’ll to sign him

I think that was partially true last season when the money was desperately needed to upgrade other positions (OL, WR).  This season? Well, I think it's more accurate to say that this is the going rate in free agency for a solid (not a "star", hah!) DT, but it's also true that we got much better production from Harrison Phillips (3rd round draft pick playing for cheap) and Jordan Phillips (waiver wire pickup)

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bills All-22 Review: Why Star Lotulelei was one of the Bills’ best and the WR combo that needs more time

https://theathletic.com/1334385/2019/10/29/bills-all-22-review-why-star-lotulelei-was-one-of-the-bills-best-and-the-wr-combo-that-needs-more-time/

Who is the wr combo that needs more time? What’s that part about?

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I also thought it was interesting that they tried moving White around in this game. I think he will be matched up on McLaurin exclusively on Sunday. 

Said the same thing.  He was all over the field and handled himself very well