Week#9 Thread Bills vs. Redskins

Chandler#81

57 minutes ago, syhuang said:

this is interesting that they had a separated call sheets for Haskins previously. Does it mean Haskins didn't/doesn't have a fully grasp of the offense playbook 8 weeks into the season?

I mentioned earlier in the thread that according to the redskins guest on locked on Bills podcast they are still using grudens offensive scheme and it’s extremely complicated with very long and detailed calls. Alex Smith even had difficulty with it so they are approaching it differently with a rookie. Meaning, they didn’t expect he would have it fully grasped.

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The Redskins defense isn't bad.  What if Haskins looks better and has more success than Allen in this game?!?

Then we should be looking for a new defensive coordinator and personnel after the game.

Haskins stats so far this year: 12/22;  54% completion;  for 140 yards;  0 TD's & 4 INT's;  QB rating of 34.5.

And for those saying they would have preferred Case Keenum?  I'm not sure of the logic here as his stats aren't bad:

Keenum's stats so far this year:  126/188;  67% completion;  for 1343 yards;  9 TD's & 4 INT's;  QB rating of 94.8

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I mentioned earlier in the thread that according to the redskins guest on locked on Bills podcast they are still using grudens offensive scheme and it’s extremely complicated with very long and detailed calls. Alex Smith even had difficulty with it so they are approaching it differently with a rookie. Meaning, they didn’t expect he would have it fully grasped.

YoloinOhio as a fellow Buckeye fan I'm sure you would agree that we must put pressure on Haskins.  He is not an athletic QB and gets rattled by pressure.  If the Bill's don't and allow him to get comfortable back in the pocket he could pick them apart.  And if this happens my confidence in this coaching staff will plummet. 

It doesn't take a defensive guru to figure out how to approach Haskin's at QB.  I can't even begin to imagine the carnage Belechick would inflict on the poor guy.

8 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Then we should be looking for a new defensive coordinator and personnel after the game.

Haskins stats so far this year: 12/22;  54% completion;  for 140 yards;  0 TD's & 4 INT's;  QB rating of 34.5.

And for those saying they would have preferred Case Keenum?  I'm not sure of the logic here as his stats aren't bad:

Keenum's stats so far this year:  126/188;  67% completion;  for 1343 yards;  9 TD's & 4 INT's;  QB rating of 94.8

I hear you.  And I believe the Bills should win (albeit I don't think it will be as easy and convincing as a lot of people think).

But the fact is, this is the first time Haskins has practiced as the starter, been given all the practice reps, and game-planned for his skill set.   

The stats he put up were in games he was not expecting to play in... and he simply wasn't as prepared as he will be this week.  Still the Bills *should* overwhelm him.  But we'll see.

Edited by zow2

2 hours ago, syhuang said:

this is interesting that they had a separated call sheets for Haskins previously. Does it mean Haskins didn't/doesn't have a fully grasp of the offense playbook 8 weeks into the season?

I think I mentioned it in another thread but yeah, word coming out of DC is that he's had some difficulty in picking up the playbook. Earlier in the week there was a report that said Peterson had a talk with him and told him to really dive into the playbook. As Yolo explains below, the offensive system they're running is pretty intricate and now that the guy who ran it is no longer the head coach, they've been trying to tweak it and simplify it a bit for Haskins. 

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

He’s gonna get PAID in free agency. 

I’m not sure it will be here. He’s a great team guy and gets to the QB but misses other assignments I’ve noticed. I think they will try to keep him but will put a value on him that might get exceeded and I don’t blame them. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not sure it will be here. He’s a great team guy and gets to the QB but misses other assignments I’ve noticed. I think they will try to keep him but will put a value on him that might get exceeded and I don’t blame them. 

I agree. I don’t think it will be with us, either. Unless he REALLY likes it here and REALLY likes the role he’s asked to play. But I think some team is gonna offer higher end starting DT money and expect him to be an every down player as a result. I’m not convinced that he is. 

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He's not going to be paid a ton...IMO the Bills should be able to re-sign him. He can perform well in a limited role which he's done admirably.

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

He's not going to be paid a ton...IMO the Bills should be able to re-sign him. He can perform well in a limited role which he's done admirably.

He keeps up the sack stats, he’s gonna get paid by somebody. 

IF the Bills don't win this game handily, they are pretenders, and they will have another crap year. They still may back into the playoffs, but they will get killed by a good team.

If they lose on Sunday, I shudder to think of the beating they'll take on turkey day at the hands of the Cowgirls.