Chargers fire OC Ken Whisenhunt

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

So the Head Coach fired they guy who presumably was calling the scheme based on the Head Coach's playbook.   Yep, shouldnt be too much longer for Lynn.

They were running Wiz's scheme. Lynn has added wrinkles but fundamentally this is the offense Wiz and Rivers have run before. 

Lynn is feeling the heat though. I think he might be safe this year but he will start 2020 with a warm seat. That team is underachieving. 

7 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

This is a trade I could get behind.  Not sure who the OC would be...wonder what Chan Gailey is doing.

When Big Ben first got into the league, his OC was...

Ken Whisenhunt! :D

For real though, he is on a short list of guys I think would fit Josh better than Daboll

6 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

When Big Ben first got into the league, his OC was...

Ken Whisenhunt! :D

For real though, he is on a short list of guys I think would fit Josh better than Daboll

No to the Wiz. The 2005 Steelers offense was great.... in 2005. Put him in the Mike McCarthy bucket of offensive dinosaur. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No to the Wiz. The 2005 Steelers offense was great.... in 2005. Put him in the Mike McCarthy bucket of offensive dinosaur. 

Yup.

McCarthy has not updated his scheme since 2005 while other WCO coordinators, like Reid, are constantly evolving theirs.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

37 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Oh I don't want his scheme (or McCarthy's) but I think both would be better fits for Josh's skillset and development. The dream would be (and has been since before the 2017 season) Darrell Bevell. 

chargers have a tough schedule coming up...packers, raiders twice, chiefs twice broncos vikings jags.  i'd be surprised if they get 4 wins even 3 honestly.  maybe beat raiders once, broncos, i dont know if they beat the jags or vikings but maybe one of em?  best chance is to sweep raiders. no playoffs any way you slice it.  and they probably dont trade gordon now

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

chargers have a tough schedule coming up...packers, raiders twice, chiefs twice broncos vikings jags.  i'd be surprised if they get 4 wins even 3 honestly.  maybe beat raiders once, broncos, i dont know if they beat the jags or vikings but maybe one of em?  best chance is to sweep raiders. no playoffs any way you slice it.  and they probably dont trade gordon now

who knows maybe they will get a spark for 2 or 3 games then crash back down. 

raiders twice, chiefs and broncos  could go 40-60 for them 

11 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Lynn pulling a page from the Rex playbook. 

When the Bills were looking for a new head coach (eventually choosing McDermott) the one candidate I was totally against was Lynn because I wanted all ties to Rex Ryan to end.  Lynn was too close to Rex IMO to become his replacement.  I wanted a clean sweep of Ryan's mess.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dneveu said:

Didn't we almost get that guy to be head coach back in the day? 

No, we almost brought him as OC under McDermott but he turned us down two times. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ick, that guy's resume is horrible as prior to this year been a quality control coach. I feel bad for Rivers. 

11 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

So the Head Coach fired they guy who presumably was calling the scheme based on the Head Coach's playbook.   Yep, shouldnt be too much longer for Lynn.

Yup, trying to buy himself time.