MNF: Fish at Steelers

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Wrong.  Watch it again.  If Foster makes a move back to the ball it's either a 50 yard catch or PI on the D.  That kind of throw and catch are bread & butter plays for a lot of the deep ball throwing NFL teams like the Chiefs, Rams  Saints.  Watch a couple of their games to see.

So we won’t blame the QB who can’t hit his WR in stride when he’s running open but it’s the receivers fault for not stopping his momentum and coming back to a ball thrown several yards short? Let me know when you guys want to have a serious discussion. 

What if the DB tracks the ball better? It’s an easy INT. But we can just pretend that the only other options are a 50 yard completion on an underthrown ball or PI. ?

Edited by Bangarang

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

maybe.  He also changed a couple the other way.

Totally agree. It's always a weird argument because how do you classify the jumbled mess of #1 receivers after the clear-cut top tier? Like I'd rather have John Brown than any WR on the Giants, Dolphins, 49ers, Raiders, Broncos, Titans, Bears, etc. Isn't he kind of a #1 by default since he's our #1 and a better option than what about a dozen other teams have? i don't know, clearly this is a boring game haha.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

Come on man you're moving the goal posts to take a shot at Allen.  We all just saw Rudolph miss a WIDE OPEN WR by as much as Allen has missed a guy deep.  And then he followed that up by missing on another deep ball by a couple of yards.  Let me know when Rudolph hits a deep ball like the one Allen hit last year against Jacksonville or Detroit. 

Long pass completions are at best low probability plays.  Gven that Allen is now accurately hitting his short passes Folks are focusing on the deep plays because Allen is struggling a bit here. 

I'm not moving the goal posts and I'm not taking a shot at Allen...honestly.  I like Josh and think his ceiling is high.  Right now there are a number of things he needs to fix, long ball accuracy being one of them.  I know the long ball is a lower probability play, but you still need it to keep the defense out of the box and open up the run game and short stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

So we won’t blame the QB who can’t hit his WR in stride when he’s running open but it’s the receivers fault for not stopping his momentum and coming back to a ball thrown several yards short? Let me know when you guys want to have a serious discussion. 

What if the DB tracks the ball better? It’s an easy INT. But we can just pretend that the only other options are a 50 yard completion on an underthrown ball or PI. ?

It's not easy to hit a WR with a pass in stride on a straight line 55 yards down field.  This is the NFL not college football.  Most long pass completions are guys tracking to the deep ball. 

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

It's not easy to hit a WR with a pass in stride on a straight line 55 yards down field.  This is the NFL not college football.  Most long pass completions are guys tracking to the deep ball. 

Apparently it’s not easy if you’re Allen.

7 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

It doesn't matter bro.  This fan base won't be happy until Josh is traded.  He was never their guy, so he has an extremely short leash.  I get it though, this is what happens when you have a recent culture of futility.  

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine

1 minute ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

It doesn't matter bro.  This fan base won't be happy until Josh is traded.  He was never their guy, so he has an extremely short leash.  I get it though, this is what happens when you have a recent culture of futility.  

Its just a vocal minority that think that way.   The majority of the fanbase realizes we’re halfway through the rebuild, still need some pieces and that he’s improving enough for us to be optimistic. 

• Like (+1) 2

The Dolphins are a scrappy team that isn't laying down on game day, they just don't have the horses to finish the race.  Brian Flores is holding the team together...what is left of it.  I'm afraid the Fins can be a very good team very soon, assuming they hit on most of their 50 picks the next two years.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Has anyone even called for him to be traded or cut? I haven’t seen it.

If anything, the bar has been set so incredibly low when it comes to our QBs. If he’s going to be hyped up as a franchise QB then let’s at least hold him to that standard and not make lame excuses.

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Its just a vocal minority that think that way.   The majority of the fanbase realizes we’re halfway through the rebuild, still need some pieces and that he’s improving enough for us to be optimistic. 

Half way through a rebuild? You mean McD needs all 5 years to turn this team around? Then what? We can expect a perennial SB contender? 

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Has anyone even called for him to be traded or cut? I haven’t seen it.

If anything, the bar has been set so incredibly low when it comes to our QBs. If he’s going to be hyped up as a franchise QB then let’s at least hold him to that standard and not make lame excuses.

Admit it; you want to see him gone because you have no patience.  The fan base wants to keep playing QB roulette until they catch lightening in the bottle (ala Mahomes).  The fans didn't want him, therefore it's easy to justify their position.

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

The Dolphins are a scrappy team that isn't laying down on game day, they just don't have the horses to finish the race.  Brian Flores is holding the team together...what is left of it.  I'm afraid the Fins can be a very good team very soon, assuming they hit on most of their 50 picks the next two years.

Oh their laying down... There's tire tracks across their back... They are just making it look good, putting on an act.