MNF: Fish at Steelers

YoloinOhio

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

He is?  Tonight early in the 4th quarter he's 18/32 which is a 56% completion average.  And that includes a Steelers game plan that features screens & short passes. 

Yep. The accuracy narrative is just not right.

2 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Erie PA Steelers fans or Erie PA Browns fans worse?  I think I know.

Browns were coming on at a pace to out obnoxious Steelers fans this offseason. Then Tennessee happened game 1 and they crawled back in their holes.

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

He is?  Tonight early in the 4th quarter he's 18/32 which is a 56% completion average.  And that includes a Steelers game plan that features screens & short passes. 

He also has a 40 yard TD on a bizarro world Dolphins Defense tank call and another one on a Juju jump ball in the end zone. 

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Was Stevie Johnson a #1 wr?  He put up #1 numbers with Fitz throwing him the ball.  Brown is good.  No doubt.  I think he was the best pickup this off season.  He isn't a game changer that bails out a QBs bad balls like I see on all the other good teams.  People always ooooo aaaaahhhh look at that throw Josh never makes.  I say ooooo aahhhh look at that receiver bail out what would be a Allen INT.

Yes, I remember having this argument back when Stevie was a #1 receiver. He may have been like the 20th best #1 in the league, but he was undoubtedly a #1 receiver for three seasons. He wasn't Calvin Johnson at the time however and I think this is where people get confused - #1 receiver doesn't necessarily mean one of the top 3 wide receivers in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

His long ball appears to be a lot better than Josh's, at least he doesn't overshoot his WRs by 5+ yards.  I'm kind of surprised his comp % is that low this game.

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Is Erie mostly Steelers country? Is that just because they're frontrunners or has it always been that way?

I grew up in the 90s in Erie, and people my age were Bills fans. A lot of the parents though were Steelers fans. I get back from the Marines in 2005 and suddenly everyone is a Steelers fan. Its bandwagon city 

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Is Erie mostly Steelers country? Is that just because they're frontrunners or has it always been that way?

Lived in Erie for 28 years.   Mostly Steeler country.  They're technically in Bills market, so they resent TV rules for games.

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

Yes, I remember having this argument back when Stevie was a #1 receiver. He may have been like the 20th best #1 in the league, but he was undoubtedly a #1 receiver for three seasons. He wasn't Calvin Johnson at the time however and I think this is where people get confused - #1 receiver doesn't necessarily mean one of the top 3 wide receivers in the league.

And Stevie couldn’t even run a good route. Fitz understood his quirks and we clicked.

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

His long ball appears to be a lot better than Josh's, at least he doesn't overshoot his WRs by 5+ yards.  I'm kind of surprised his comp % is that low this game.

Josh did have a nice deep ball yesterday but because Bob Foster can't track a ball it landed two feet behind him.

1 minute ago, Bferra13 said:

I grew up in the 90s in Erie, and people my age were Bills fans. A lot of the parents though were Steelers fans. I get back from the Marines in 2005 and suddenly everyone is a Steelers fan. Its bandwagon city 

Interesting. Nobody complained about the NFL TV rules when the Bills were the better team.

5 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I don't consider Stevie to be a #1.  Loved the guy but I don't think he was.  A #1 doesn't have to be a top receiver.  To me, its like I was talking about early.  A guy you can count on to catch the tough passes and bail you out.  Even the best QBs don't always make perfect passes.  A #1 catches the pass that's in his area code.  If he can't he makes sure the other team doesn't.  More to it but you get my drift I think.