MNF: Fish at Steelers

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I agree, they are both decent receivers. It would just be nice to move them down the depth chart one spot. Our WR corps is subpar as is, add a real number one, and I’d have a different opinion. 

what exactly is a real #1 receiver?

Edited by Bangarang

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

I agree, they are both decent receivers. It would just be nice to move them down the depth chart one spot. Our WR corps is subpar as is, add a real number one, and I’d have a different opinion. 

You need a 1, a 2 and a slot guy, plus at least 1 consistent TE to keep the D honest. Right now we have 2 of the 4.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

They do, but do you think we have receivers as good as Schuster, Deonte Johnson and Vance McDonald?  Or even as good as the Dolphins’ receivers, for that matter?

Brown and Beasley are pretty good WRs in this league.  They could definitely use another one but Allen also has to be better.  

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Always makes me angry when I see joe blow QB throw for 300 yards. As Mason Rudolph will likely get tonight. Why is Buffalo seemingly incapable of having a passing attack no matter what they do? Wouldn’t you eventually back into a 300 yard game every once, twice, or fifty games. 

Well, Mason Rudolph is a lot more accurate than Josh.  I'd also venture to guess that Pittsburgh's offense is fairly simple and easier to run.

3 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

I don’t think Brown and Beasley are subpar. We don’t have enough of them to regularly free them up to get open. The opponent can just take Brown away and shadow Beasley and we don’t have anything else for them.

We have a high level #2 and a solid slot receiver.  We desperately need a #1.  

Baker has Odell and Landry.  

Mahomes has Hill, Kelce, Watkins etc

Watson has Hopkins

Rudolph has Juju. 

Goff has Kupp, Cooks and Woods.  

Just look at what Amari Cooper has done for Dak.  

Its getting beyond annoying for a select few people on this board to somehow think Josh Allen is the only QB that wouldn’t benefit from a legit #1, or at the very least, a legit WR of any sort opposite Brown. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 minute ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Brown and Beasley are pretty good WRs in this league.  They could definitely use another one but Allen also has to be better.  

Sure he needs to get better and he will. But having only two legitimate receivers is like having him play with one hand tied behind his back.

1 minute ago, clayboy54 said:

You need a 1, a 2 and a slot guy, plus at least 1 consistent TE to keep the D honest. Right now we have 2 of the 4.

And you need a RB that can catch the ball out of the backfield and a RB that is a threat to break off 20+ yard runs if you rely on the nickle to much. 

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

what exactly is a real #1 receiver?

A guy who can make contested catches, who can be an underneath or a deep threat. John Brown has  number one stats this season, but that’s because he’s been placed in that role. Stats don’t show the kind of passes a QB can make to a guy with more versatility than Brown. Brown would be an awesome number two. 

Just now, clayboy54 said:

Sure he needs to get better and he will. But having only two legitimate receivers is like having him play with one hand tied behind his back.

It’s so much more than getting another WR.. it’s Allen playing better, Daboll calling a better game etc.  

1 minute ago, clayboy54 said:

you know, before the season started people were hyped with all the new guys on offense and expected Allen to make a big jump. Now that it hasn’t happened it’s because the people we added aren’t good enough.

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

And you need a RB that can catch the ball out of the backfield and a RB that is a threat to break off 20+ yard runs if you rely on the nickle to much. 

Yes, that too. All this Daboll criticism has to be taken with a grain of salt. You can’t  play the game you want with only half the weapons you need.

Edited by clayboy54
  • Like (+1) 1