Bills 13, Eagles 31 postgame thread

40 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Disagree with this, but it happens right?

I think Dabol called a game that I would expect to see in a dome. He ignored conditions on the field, field position and game situations, and ignored the plays that his offense was executing vs the plays they were struggling to make. In a game that begged for grind it out ball control in the 2nd half before they fell so far behind he was giving up 3 and outs with pass, pass, pass and putting a struggling defense back on the field. Not his best day.

He called a bad game, AND the Bills players did not execute very well either. I think it is safe to say that both can happen.

In his post game presser, McDermott pretty much said that the OL was getting pushed back so we couldn’t run.

Shouldn’t this be something the right play calling can counter and take advantage of, at least to some extent?

I dunno that just sounded like an excuse to me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

In his post game presser, McDermott pretty much said that the OL was getting pushed back so we couldn’t run.

Shouldn’t this be something the right play calling can counter and take advantage of, at least to some extent?

Early in the game I think that was true, but not after the half after they made some adjustments. Gore's few carries were strong evidence it was working.

I think McD was giving air support for Daboll, but will disect that game plan in private.

I prefer he runs things that way, never seen anything good come from throwing your coaches under the bus in a public forum.

Bad teams with bad HCs do that.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Nope.  I say this all the time:  football is about winning up front, about physically beating the other guy.  Has been since the first game ever played.  And their lines just flat out kicked the Bill’s tails all day.  Play calls were certainly questionable at times but the team and fans need to just accept that they were just better today.  They just kicked the Bill’s ass.  And play calling doesn’t fix that.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Nope.  I say this all the time:  football is about winning up front, about physically beating the other guy.  Has been since the first game ever played.  And their lines just flat out kicked the Bill’s tails all day.  Play calls were certainly questionable at times but the team and fans need to just accept that they were just better today.  They just kicked the Bill’s ass.  And play calling doesn’t fix that.

This^^. You can cover up some things, but it’s tough to win if you don’t at least get a draw upfront. Bills were beat on the LOS all day. Not good , as it was Cox and some backups. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

This^^. You can cover up some things, but it’s tough to win if you don’t at least get a draw upfront. Bills were beat on the LOS all day. Not good , as it was Cox and some backups. 

Their #55 abused the O line the entire game

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Joe fan makes up a twitter about Bills injures players and reports the obvious.. Listened to this guy on Locked on Bills and he provides nothing more than McDermott reports on a Wednesday  

Edited by CaptnCoke11
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Their defense definitely were playing on our side of the line in the first half.

Their offensive line was pushing around our D in the 2nd. Yep, that was a beating.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Where's the Game Balls - Who Ya Got thread?  I really want to give a game ball to:

Wentz

Howard

Daboll - the Josh run fumble before the half changed the game.  Abandoning the run the rest of the way seals the deal.

Seriously....You could make the case Daboll is fully to blame for this loss.  Any talk of him as a head coach is hilarious.   

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

And they had back-ups in all over the place.    Sean, you and your team should be embarrassed  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, it's certainly not going to be very easy to pass either if your OL is getting schooled. Your OL getting beat isn't a run/pass thing.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Have you ever learned anything from a McDermott presser? I gave up on it long ago 

1 hour ago, Turk71 said:

I don't think it is an overreaction to say that Daboll is an idiot and needs to go. That game plan of passing all day in 30 mph winds and barely using the rbs was so absolutely incomprehensible and stupid that I cannot wrap my head around it. 

P.S. Star still sucks.

I've read a couple summaries of the game and so far no mention of the fact the Bills rbs were given the ball 12 times even though they were having success and Allen threw the ball 34 times in high winds even though he was not having success. That is the inexplicable fact and should be the number one story when writing this games summary.