Strong winds forecasted for Bills v Birds

YoloinOhio

I remember the last game of 2008 against the Patriots the game was super windy. Belichick used the wind against us and had Cassel throwing in the wind. Hopefully McDermott uses the same method. In tomorrow's game, I woukd actually defer the kickoff (if we win it) and have the eagles playing against the wind 

Edited by Steptide

14 minutes ago, eball said:

Latest forecast has chance of rain dropping under 50% but winds at 22 mph...the passing and kicking games are going to be fun.

I'm going to say the Bills rush for 175 yards...80 for Gore, 60 for Singletary, and 35 for Josh -- with each scoring a TD.

I like the Bills chances with those stats.

JoshBall!

300+ here we come!

Zippin' with zest!  Why the Bills drafted him!

18 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I remember the last game of 2008 against the Patriots the game was super windy. Belichick used the wind against us and had Cassel throwing in the wind. Hopefully McDermott uses the same method. In tomorrow's game, I woukd actually defer the kickoff (if we win it) and have the eagles playing against the wind 

If we defer... They, The Iggles, get to pick which EZ to defend right?

I hope we LOSE the coin toss.  Then take wind in fourth!

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

19 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

JoshBall!

300+ here we come!

Can you choose just the wind direction if you win the toss? Then let the other team decide possession? Might be wise if you can.

2 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Can you choose just the wind direction if you win the toss? Then let the other team decide possession? Might be wise if you can.

I am not sure how it works anymore!  LoL... I had a firm handle on it years ago.  LoL... I always advocated defer when in actually you couldn't.  

It's most important to get ball right before 1/2 and 3rd 1/4 kick... That's a potential 16 point swing.

In Buffalo, going with the wind in 4th trumps it all!

Somebody post a clear and concise way the coin toss works...

Usually a coin is flipped by a thumb

After that who knows - they've messed with it so much over the past few years

Seriously, though, I think...

Whoever wins the toss gets the choice to choose possession or field direction.

The loser of the toss gets to then choose whatever the winner did not go with, usually field direction.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

Usually a coin is flipped by a thumb

After that who knows - they've messed with it so much over the past few years

Seriously, though, I think...

Whoever wins the toss gets the choice to choose possession or field direction.

The loser of the toss gets to then choose whatever the winner did not go with, usually field direction.

Yup, I'm 99% sure this is right.

On 10/25/2019 at 8:34 AM, Chandler#81 said:

For all our foul weather notoriety (Deserved!), the wildest weather game ever, imo, was at Home vs the Cardinals in 1990. Winter Hell blew in during the game as the weather turned from Autumn to blizzard Winter in the span of time it took to play the game. Team benches were blown out halfway onto the field! Punts went backward! We blew them out 45-10, but it took me 8 hours to get home to Dansville, having to get out and push a couple times. It was insane!

Yeah, but in Buffalo specifically, ‘wait 5 minutes’ means you’ll hate it even more!

My first game, dad took me when I was 11. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, so this "liquid sunshine" we're suffering today is a present from you!  Well Thank you Very Much.  (not)

The good news is the beautiful weather we now have today will probably be there by Monday.

Winner of coin toss gets to choose one of two privileges with the loser to be given the other  : (a) the opportunity to receive the kickoff or to kick off  ( b)  the choice of which goal to defend OR they can defer their choice until the second half. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

JoshBall!

300+ here we come!

I think you're right. I'm not completely sure. Either way, try and get the eagles against the wind 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/25/2019 at 7:58 AM, Chandler#81 said:

Thank you ‘Tom Jolls’! 

Football weather!

Forecast at home in Florida where I’m watching the game will be climate controlled 72 degrees and calm -well, temperature-wise anyway. A bit warmer when I step out on the patio to chain smoke.. 

ha!!  ???