Eagles Message Board Quick Takes

billsfan_34

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Nope. They’ll throw D batteries and give analingus to a horse to enhance the theatrical jeering. 

crutches are handy as well, not sure about your second option, they do have a holding cell on the premises for the less than respectful patrons of a sporting contest

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

crutches are handy as well, not sure about your second option, they do have a holding cell on the premises for the less than respectful patrons of a sporting contest

Eagles fans always seem to one up previous shenanigans. After one ate horse poo my suggestion seemed like a logical “progression”. ?‍♂️

Just now, Augie said:

Well, they boo Santa, so.....

the child or fireman who threw an opening pitch with a surgically re-attached hand was booed, or something like that, when he biffed on the toss

said he fully understood and would have booed himself

I think the Eagles are going to come in and play very tough Sunday. You KNOW they are very much looking to rebound off that bad division loss they just got handed to them. I expect this to be a tough, physical football game and most likely be a close game.

Bills got to continue to protect home field. Hopefully no injuries and JA can get some deep passes connected in this game. Looking forward to this one.

• Like (+1) 3

I live outside Philly and 90% of the fans believe they got rid of the wrong quarterback when they traded Nick Foles I personally thought they were stupid when they were doing it but most of them thought Wentz was better. Now they are starting to see the light. I can't wait until Monday morning to listen to them going off the deep end when Buffalo destroys them Sunday

Edited by ALLEN1QB
  • Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I think the Eagles are going to come in and play very tough Sunday. You KNOW they are very much looking to rebound off that bad division loss they just got handed to them. I expect this to be a tough, physical football game and most likely be a close game.

Bills got to continue to protect home field. Hopefully no injuries and JA can get some deep passes connected in this game. Looking forward to this one.

It is not going to be easy that is for sure

Maybe, for Buffalo,  the Ghosts of Miami are long gone  and they come out firing on all cylinders 

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

I live outside Philly and 90% of the fans believe they got rid of the wrong quarterback when they traded Nick Foles I personally thought they were stupid when they were doing it but most of them thought Wentz was better. Now they are starting to see the light. I can't wait until Monday morning to listen to them going off the deep end when Buffalo destroys them Sunday

Maybe this is a point of contention in the looker room and is causing issues. One Eagles fan I know loved Foles, and based on some of the reports out there I feel that some Eagles players may have felt the same (the anonymous reports)

3 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

I find this opinion really interesting.  Wentz was having an MVP level season the year he got injured and Foles replaced him .   He has a career QB rating of 92.5 and had over 100 rating the last two seasons.    Foles has had an up and down career.  And the only time he had over 100 rating as featured starter was his 2013 campaign with Eagles.   

Not necessarily a bad decision to go with Wentz.  Younger guy on rookie contract who may not yet have reached his full potential.  With Foles,  you may be throwing lots of money for inconsistency.   

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

If the Eagles lose, that will be 3 in a row. They are looking at their season being ostensibly over. I bet they come out rip roaring. I have a feeling the Bills don't win this one, regardless of how they looked the last couple of weeks. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

If the Eagles lose, that will be 3 in a row. They are looking at their season being ostensibly over. I bet they come out rip roaring. I have a feeling the Bills don't win this one, regardless of how they looked the last couple of weeks. 

Yeah it's going to be a tough game for sure I think. Glad it's a home game and I think the Bills can still pull a W out of it, but I definitely expect a better Eagles team to show up than we have seen the past couple weeks or so.

9 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Yeah it's going to be a tough game for sure I think. Glad it's a home game and I think the Bills can still pull a W out of it, but I definitely expect a better Eagles team to show up than we have seen the past couple weeks or so.

hope it's a good game

1 hour ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Nick Foles with Pat Shurmur at OC in 2013 , awesome

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

That game was a tyrod classic too. I remember it well.

Wasn’t that the game with the pick play from hell on a Bradford bomb? I remember the Bills’ D coordinator going off walking through the tunnel after the game. And Shady irate in the locker room

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

I find this opinion really interesting.  Wentz was having an MVP level season the year he got injured and Foles replaced him .   He has a career QB rating of 92.5 and had over 100 rating the last two seasons.    Foles has had an up and down career.  And the only time he had over 100 rating as featured starter was his 2013 campaign with Eagles.   

Not necessarily a bad decision to go with Wentz.  Younger guy on rookie contract who may not yet have reached his full potential.  With Foles,  you may be throwing lots of money for inconsistency.   

Wentz may be the better physical QB talent but Foles is the far superior QB for the Andy Reid/Pederson system.  A core principle of that system is distribution of the ball.  RBs, WRs, TE.  Just like you see in KC.  It's hard to figure out the offense when everyone is catching the ball.  

Foles was great at that.  A Nick Foles game has every WR, TE and RB getting at least two targets.  Wentz, on the other hand, dials into Ertz and he panics when he's not open.  He doesn't distribute that ball.  

I agree that the Eagles should have rolled with Foles and traded Wentz for a haul for that terrible secondary if they were committed to Pederson as coach.