Ty Nsekhe v Ford yesterday

Commish

I looked it up - Ty Nsekhe had 17 snaps yesterday. Anyone notice if he was appreciably better the Ford when he was in? That was always my impression leading up to Nsehke's injury, but it's hard to judge O-line performance watching the game once on tv...

Edited by Roch-A-Bill

Ford looked better yesterday than he has previously imo. Morse has missed some key blocks as of late though. That is a bit concerning. On the two blitzes up the middle he just flat out didn't even act like he knew the guys were coming and slid the wrong direction leaving an open lane to Josh. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

Ford looked better yesterday than he has previously imo. Morse has missed some key blocks as of late though. That is a bit concerning. On the two blitzes up the middle he just flat out didn't even act like he knew the guys were coming and slid the wrong direction leaving an open lane to Josh. 

I thought we were getting a Dermontti Dawson/Kevin Mawae type of center in Morse, but that’s not the case. Feliciano could’ve played in the pivot for far less and the line would look relatively the same. That’s unfortunate.

Edited by JayBaller10

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Didn’t notice him on the field but did see a couple nice blocks from Ford. 

For an O-lineman that's a good thing, IMHO.  The one holding call on Ford, it looked as if the Miami player went to his knees on purpose.  Then Loftan comments that when a o-lineman takes a d-0lineman to the ground the refs will call it every time they see it. 

Got me wondering if d-line coaches teach going down on purpose, as long as they have no chance of making a play?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, mabden said:

For an O-lineman that's a good thing, IMHO.  The one holding call on Ford, it looked as if the Miami player went to his knees on purpose.  Then Loftan comments that when a o-lineman takes a d-0lineman to the ground the refs will call it every time they see it. 

Got me wondering if d-line coaches teach going down on purpose, as long as they have no chance of making a play?

That definitely was not a hold.  The DL just flopped. 

2 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

I thought we were getting a Dermontti Dawson/Kevin Mawae type of center in Morse, but that’s not the case. Feliciano could’ve played in the pivot for far less and the line would look relatively the same. That’s unfortunate.

interesting take, Morse has been pretty damn solid all season. He missed a couple guys yesterday on blitz pickups, but its unclear if it was truly him or the guard, we will have to wait for the all 22 break downs likely. There was a play early on, I think first drive, where he drove his guy 8 yards downfield on a run and finished it off by pancaking him onto his back. You arent watching if you dont think hes been a difference maker. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PaattMaann said:

interesting take, Morse has been pretty damn solid all season. He missed a couple guys yesterday on blitz pickups, but its unclear if it was truly him or the guard, we will have to wait for the all 22 break downs likely. There was a play early on, I think first drive, where he drove his guy 8 yards downfield on a run and finished it off by pancaking him onto his back. You arent watching if you dont think hes been a difference maker. 

I remember the play, like he was pushing a blocking sled, drove him straight back. I thought Ford did better. I do not think right tackle is his natural position but McDermott and Bobby Johnson must see him as the better player to keep sending him out there.   

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Lofton80 said:

I remember the play, like he was pushing a blocking sled, drove him straight back. I thought Ford did better. I do not think right tackle is his natural position but McDermott and Bobby Johnson must see him as the better player to keep sending him out there.   

yea Ford likely played his best game yesterday at RT, competition level likely helped contribute to that 

43 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

I would bet money it should have been Morse' responsibility in both instances. Everyone else was actually engaged with other players. He just basically moved out of the way and gave the blitzers a free run at the QB. 

7 minutes ago, H2o said:

I would bet money it should have been Morse' responsibility in both instances. Everyone else was actually engaged with other players. He just basically moved out of the way and gave the blitzers a free run at the QB. 

that could be, ill wait to look at the all 22 though so we can see for sure

1 hour ago, papazoid said:

when healthy TY is better

that early holding call on Ford was crap.....he pancaked the guy

Did he have more than one? The one I remember-- and I am going to rewatch the game today-- Ford wrapped the guy up. Not a crap call at all from what I remember.

4 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

Ford is actually a really good run blocker when he's at right tackle ...even better than 77.

But it's not close in pass pro'

This has been my impression, as well.

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I didn’t notice Ford much which is a clear sign of improvement based on his last few games.

I noticed him getting beat more than once. But, I also saw him run like a snow plow on a couple run plays.

19 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

True, but the Dolphins' defense is AWFUL and was missing their most physically gifted d-lineman (to be fair, Ford did a great job of baiting him into a punch by playing past the whistle, so he gets some props for that). 

As I recall, this was one of the positives on him from his draft scouting reports-- that he finished blocks, not just stopping guys, but running them backwards, often past the whistle.

They are still both playing below average but yesterday was the first time this season where Cody Ford clearly outplayed Ty. 

Feliciano is a funny one. I loved him at center the other week.... I am content with him at guard (though he was poor this week and probably our weakest lineman on the day). 

EDIT: Meant to say it was another good day from Dion Dawkins too. He started off slow this season but has really upped his game the past two weeks. 

Edited by GunnerBill