Question for the Liberals/Progressives on the Forum

Foxx

My question would be............

If the Bills win the SB, will we all be nice to one another no matter their political beliefs??

Cause if they do win the SB, I’d be so sky high I wouldn’t care if you supported Bill Lumbergh from Office Space for fvck sakes.

?

Edited by njbuff

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

My question would be............

If the Bills win the SB, will we all be nice to one another no matter their political beliefs??

Cause if they do win the SB, I’d be so sky high I wouldn’t care if you supported Bill Lumbergh from Office Space for fvck sakes.

?

Not remotely a problem for me.

Along with much of my family being Trump supporters, I watch football every Sunday morning at a bar here in Hawaii with another diehard Bills fan who's also an avid Trump guy. Wife and I have gotten together multiple times with him and his wife. When the Bills made it in the playoffs due to the Tyler Boyd TD, he and I screamed and ran around the bar like lunatics... jumping and hugging.

I don't have a problem with real people I know who voted for Trump and still like him. I have issues with Internet message board Trump supporters who hide behind their computers, puff out their chests and pretend they know everything. And even those guys that I know are Bills fans I can easily separate and compartmentalize politics from sports.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Foxx said:

something that has been bothering me and in the back of my mind for some time now.

i am curious do you guys/gals ( @Tiberius, @Bob in Mich, @ALF, @Gary Busey, (@John Adams, @Benjamin Franklin, @BeginnersMind), @Crayola64, @ExiledInIllinois, @transplantbillsfan etc... apologies to anyone i may have missed, 'twas not intended) read the sourced materials/articles here? or do you get your information elsewhere and just assume that anything posted here is mainly partisan hogwash, so you omit it from your information gathering? if it is the latter, do you read/watch/gather sourced material that is outside of your biases?

yes, yes i know that twitter is the end of the universe. however, many of them contain links to sourced material.

just an honest question, i am curious.

TYIA for your responses.

:beer:

I get my news from the Dark Web.  You know.  When it's dark out.  LoL...

I am set in my ways.

I have been a Liberal, progressive my whole life.  I am a New Deal Democrat if that's even possible in 2019.  Plain and simply.  I am pretty conservative in my personal life... You know, guns, God, & Bible... YET always break left... Because people who force that conservative ***** on people are azzholes.

I guess it's the way we are all "hardwired"... I just don't sweat the little things like life, money, love, family, etc...

Enlightenment is non-attachment.  Too many people are way too attached.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I see none of the others called out in the OP have decided to partake in this thread, which is just turning into the troll-fest I expected it would be... 

can't say I blame them

well, it is a Friday night headed into the weekend.

thank you for your honest replies to the thread, much appreciated. i will have a reply later, not much time atm due to other obligations both online and off.

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

... Hell, you followed me into this thread and have at this point already derailed what I believe was a well-intentioned question to "the other side."

So congrats on that....

It was and is an honest question. i do hope that this thread does not become an attack thread in it's overall demeanor, that is not the desired focus.

however, if it keeps going in a direction i do not like, i may have to delete it.

i kid, i kid....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

thank you for your honest replies to the thread, much appreciated. i will have a reply later, not much time atm due to other obligations both online and off.

It was and is an honest question. i do hope that this thread does not become an attack thread in it's overall demeanor, that is not the desired focus.

however, if it keeps going in a direction i do not like, i may have to delete it.

i kid, i kid....

Just accept that there are two vastly different kinds of people in this country. 

Don't delete it.  

24 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Just accept that there are two vastly different kinds of people in this country. 

Don't delete it.  

Ya the first kind hate Trump so much, they convict and demand imprisonment of him before any facts have come out,

the second kind wants to wait for evidence to come out and then have a trial, you know, the American way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

i kid, i kid....

30 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Don't delete it.  

Sometimes you need to read the fine print...

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Lol, says the guy who can't get over the fact there was no russian collusion with Trump.

You're still pissed off over it. Lol

Look Westie... I like you... Don't project onto to others.  I don't get mad at anything life throws at me.  I wish you the best... Find your way.

/peace... 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Albwan said:

Ya the first kind hate Trump so much, they convict and demand imprisonment of him before any facts have come out,

the second kind wants to wait for evidence to come out and then have a trial, you know, the American way.

BS! The second kind turns a blind eye to anything Trump does that is questionable. Plenty of facts have come out over the years to know that he’s a scumbag. But, so are many of his followers. 

Edited by Q-baby!
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Albwan said:

Ya the first kind hate Hillary so much, they convict and demand imprisonment of her before any facts have come out,

I thought I'd fix.  Lock her up.

That's all Kasich is saying...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 2

With respect to the original question as to whether I follow the links posted here in PPP threads, I guess I would say it depends on who is posting. 

After years one learns who may have something interesting, who is trolling, who posts only super partisan crap (i.e. B-Man), who posts just plain crap (i.e. DR), and what is the source.  If I see Breitbart for instance or B-Man, or DR, the likelihood of reading much, if any of the article, is slim.  I also avoid twitter.

If I am not sure I may hit the link but I will look for other stories on the site first.  If they seem reasonable I will read the original story but if the last story was something like Hillary's Pizzeria Menu, I am leaving without reading.  Hope that helps.

Edit: As far as news sources, yes I do try to force myself to watch Fox at times.  The opinion folks are enough to make me spit up a little.  Ya know that really sour stomach acid they disgusts all of us?  Like that.

Edited by Bob in Mich
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I read the Washington Post, watch tv a little and look at whatever government documents (Mueller report, whistleblower report, White House statements, etc.) I follow a few people on Twitter like Jennifer Rubin and George Conway and I obviously listen to you Trump supporters here. And I just want to say hi to @westside 

oops, @westside2 

50 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Lol, says the guy who can't get over the fact there was no russian collusion with Trump.

You're still pissed off over it. Lol

Well, Putin is a murderous thug who has our presidents ear for some reason. The truth is already out there, why won’t you accept the obvious? Are you hoping Putin gets to go to the G7? It really is important that terrorist goes, isn’t it? 

Edited by Tiberius

16 hours ago, Foxx said:

yes, yes i know that twitter is the end of the universe. however, many of them contain links to sourced material.

just an honest question, i am curious.

I’m no lib and certainly don’t support the Progressives, so I know your question isn’t directed toward me.

I just wanted to chime in and say that I hate Twitter “threads” where someone on twitter posts what is essentially a blog entry that’s broken into sets of 280 characters. I realize completely that this is really just a matter of me complaining about how a tweet is formatted, but it sucks. I try to get the gist and then get out.

I do certainly click on the sourced materials that people link in tweets. As for news, everything seems to be partisan — on right and left.  I only really try to cull out the facts and quotes, not how those things are “explained” — though one can learn a lot from the explanations.  There are un-subtle trends, spin, and repetitive messages in articles from both ends of an issue.   

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Albwan said:

...that would be a DAILY occurrence in Illinois........bet if you Google "corruption", it says "see Illinois".........

Vincent Caruso- Vincent is a writer for the Illinois Policy Institute

Chicagoland and northern Illinois have seen more corrupt public officials put behind bars than any other part of the nation, a new analysis found.

The Second City and surrounding area is second to none when it comes to public corruption, a recent study found.

There have been 1,731 federal corruption convictions since 1976 in the U.S. court district covering Chicago and the northernmost third of Illinois, according to a new analysis by the University of Illinois, Chicago. That’s more than any other district in the nation.

The study compiled U.S. Department of Justice, or DOJ, corruption statistics from between 1976 and 2017, the most recent year available. Data for 2017 show 25 corruption convictions in the Chicago area, down from 30 the previous year. Corruption in Chicago has trended slowly downward, the study notes, but nevertheless continues to lead the nation in federal convictions.