Report that Bills inquired about Eli Manning?

YoloinOhio

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bizarre if true 

Has blue check mark, 10k followers and hosts a radio show. Otherwise don’t know credibility of Dan Sileo.

Guessing we checked in on him after Allen's concussion incase he was out for an extended period of time

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, 17islongenough said:

Eli can beat Brady

Ehhhhhh.............a really aggressive blitzing defense, one redonk circus catch, and one of the great throws and catches of all time (Manningham) beat Brady. Eli himself these days ain't gonna get it done.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bizarre if true 

Has blue check mark, 10k followers and hosts a radio show. Otherwise don’t know credibility of Dan Sileo.

I love Eli Manning and will forever be thankful for what he did to the Patriots. But he would be a 23 million dollar backup here. Silliness.

32 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

And to be clear, Yolo, you can't go from an active roster to the practice squad of another team, correct?

Not via trade. You can if a player is cut from a team’s 53 and if he PS eligible . But in this case Eli isn’t eligible.

Edited by YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, nucci said:

I'm guessing the Bills inquire about a lot of players

This.

From everything we've seen, it seems pretty clear Beane leaves no stone unturned. Which is excellent.

It's worth "inquiring" about because maybe they have no other options and are willing to move him cheap. Doesn't hurt to ask. The report doesnt mean the talks actually went anywhere.

Similar but opposite to the phrase "Everything is for sale, at the right price". Everything is possible to acquire for the right price.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This.

From everything we've seen, it seems pretty clear Beane leaves no stone unturned. Which is excellent.

It's worth "inquiring" about because maybe they have no other options and are willing to move him cheap. Doesn't hurt to ask. The report doesnt mean the talks actually went anywhere.

Similar but opposite to the phrase "Everything is for sale, at the right price". Everything is possible to acquire for the right price.

Exactly.

Although not likely, there is a chance that Gettleman said, "Eli just came to me and said he's fine being a backup, but not on the Giants.  He wants to mentor a young, up and coming QB with the right attitude and skills.  That narrows it down to Darnold and Allen, and Eli wants out of NJ."

Obviously not happening ... but you never know unless you ask.

Just now, Jauronimo said:

IF we trade for Eli, and I mean IF, wouldn't that basically eliminate our chances of receiving a high compensatory pick?!?!?  Seems risky to me.

Im more worried about what starting a former NFC player against an AFC team might do to our tie-breakers.

There is zero percent chance this was about a starting job here.  Our staff is fully behind Allen, developing him, and his potential.  

I think its not true at all and someone who doesn't follow the Bills throwing us in on an assumption because they have bias towards Allen and Barkley for that matter.  

The only way they may have kicked the tires was when Josh was in protocol and looked into it versus of having to activate someone like Webb where Eli could also be an additional mentor in the QB room like DA was last year. 

But I would bet everything I own that ZERO percent chance they called (which I doubt they even did in the first place) because they saw Eli as someone who could challenge to start over Josh.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

3 hours ago, T master said:

I'm calling BS !! Bills are set at that position & thats not the way Beane works !! 

We weren't set a week ago. We had one healthy QB on roster. No one knew how long he would be in concussion protocol. I doubt it BS...  I think we checked in when Allen was hurt. But now that he is cleared concussion protocol I wouldn't expect anything to happen with this unless he get hurt again and misses substantial time

18 hours ago, Gugny said:

Clearly this means that Beane voted "yes" in this thread:

18 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

????

I ve been curious,  do you logon to your other alts like BillyWhiteShows and  BuffaloRush  to pad the votes on your polls.     

Just now, prissythecat said:

I ve been curious,  do you logon to your other alts like BillyWhiteShows and  BuffaloRush  to pad the votes on your polls.     

No.  What makes you ask such a silly question?