Rams at Seattle, 8:20 ET on Fox AND NFLN

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

These guys don't seem to concern themselves with the skills position players which concerns me.... they've assembled a very below average group for Josh.

Yeah. I like the Brown and Beasley additions, but that’s been my one criticism of them too. I really like Foster, but for whatever reason he doesn’t seem to be “process” enough for them. No way in the world Zay should be getting more snaps than him at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Nahhhh...

Blue chip defensive lineman trumps bluechip wide receiver all day long.

Yes, Ed Oliver needs to start turning his pressures into sacks, but I'm DAMN SURE not ready to say that I'd rather have DK Metcalf than Ed Oliver only 4 games into their careers. And it's not like Oliver's been slacking. He's top 10 in pressure rate among ALL defenders in the NFL this season.

QuerulousNippyIcelandgull-max-1mb.gif

Who is this "Luck"?

• Haha (+1) 1

Nahhhh...

Blue chip defensive lineman trumps bluechip wide receiver all day long.

Yes, Ed Oliver needs to start turning his pressures into sacks, but I'm DAMN SURE not ready to say that I'd rather have DK Metcalf than Ed Oliver only 4 games into their careers. And it's not like Oliver's been slacking. He's top 10 in pressure rate among ALL defenders in the NFL this season.

QuerulousNippyIcelandgull-max-1mb.gif

I'm glad someone gets it.  Games are won and lost at the lines.  What would happen if we went into this year with last year's line, or not addressing the DT position?  I'd venture to guess we wouldn't be 3-1 right now.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sal has said many times that the reason they are rotating at RT is Nsecke has a knee issue and they want him to last all season so he’s on a snap count 

That’s the only thing that makes sense. Wish he didn’t have this lingering knee thing. Now it looks like an ankle bothering him too. Guy is getting up there in age, but no question he’s better than Ford at tackle to this point. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Sal has said many times that the reason they are rotating at RT is Nsecke has a knee issue and they want him to last all season so he’s on a snap count 

Got it.  Would they entertain Nsecke at LT if Cody Ford catching on better at RT?  Or do you think the staff happy with Dion Dawkins thus far?

Just now, TheProcess said:

That’s the only thing that makes sense. Wish he didn’t have this lingering knee thing. Now it looks like an ankle bothering him too. Guy is getting up there in age, but no question he’s better than Ford at tackle to this point. 

Yeah, it sucks 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They didn't draft one WR last draft. Not one.

It's alarming.

Fair point.  I guess they figured with signing Beasley, Duke & Brown they were covered.  The also signed Easley & Sills a FA's.  But yea you think maybe they would have grabbed a guy in rounds 4 - 6?

As an aside I don't think the Bills are happy with the WR situation.  Depending on Allen's status the latest moves might indicate that Duke is going to be activated and Easley is getting another look.

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Fair point.  I guess they figured with signing Beasley, Duke & Brown they were covered.  The also signed Easley & Sills a FA's.  But yea you think maybe they would have grabbed a guy in rounds 4 - 6?

As an aside I don't think the Bills are happy with the WR situation.  Depending on Allen's status the latest moves might indicate that Duke is going to be activated and Easley is getting another look.

I think Zay might still be ok if he is used on shorter, quicker routes only, which he does better with.  Another slot WR along with Beasley.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Maybe he needs some TB12 pliometrics ? 

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I think Zay might still be ok if he is used on shorter, quicker routes only, which he does better with.  Another slot WR along with Beasley.

So wr4? I could see that. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Carroll is the second best coach in the league, but that was an awful decision to try that FG instead of going for the first down.  They’ve got Chris Carson and Russ Wilson in the backfield and if they make the first the Rams don’t see the ball again and the Seahawks have a very good chance to blow the game wide open.  Terrible call.

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I agree but that's also a problem because with Foster sidelined the Bills have at most (and I think it's stretching it a bit) one "explosive" receiver in Brown. 

I think we'd all agree that a fast, big bodied WR would be a perfect compliment for Beasley & Brown.

13 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

We all get stuck on our guys and rarely admit to the misses but man did I want DK on day 2

I thought for sure we was getting DK, I was very disappointed.  As little as is fans know, it really seems like we get it right more than the professionals do, or at least just as much

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I agree but that's also a problem because with Foster sidelined the Bills have at most (and I think it's stretching it a bit) one "explosive" receiver in Brown. 

I think we'd all agree that a fast, big bodied WR would be a perfect compliment for Beasley & Brown.

Yeah, that wouldn't hurt.  This coming draft class is supposedly deep at the WR position, so I could see grabbing one early.  Zay could be done in Buffalo after this year if he doesn't find a niche.

Speaking of the notion of DK Metcalf over Ed Oliver...has anyone heard from @Cornette's Commentary lately?

I wouldn't be surprised if he's banned.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, mannc said:

Carroll is the second best coach in the league, but that was an awful decision to try that FG instead of going for the first down.  They’ve got Chris Carson and Russ Wilson in the backfield and if they make the first the Rams don’t see the ball again and the Seahawks have a very good chance to blow the game wide open.  Terrible call.

Its only terrible because they missed the FG

11 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

It’s more PCto say “full figured” 

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

No, it was a bad decision the second he made it.  Even he makes the FG, they’re giving the ball back to LA with a ton of time.  And as we all know, 50 YD FGs aren’t chip shots.

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Yeah, that wouldn't hurt.  This coming draft class is supposedly deep at the WR position, so I could see grabbing one early.  Zay could be done in Buffalo after this year if he doesn't find a niche.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's banned.  

Aikman said you're only as good as your 3rd receiver. OUCH.

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

That is looking like a pivotal decision in the game.  The Rams are all of a sudden on a roll when they could have been left for dead...

1 minute ago, mannc said:

That is looking like a pivotal decision in the game.  The Rams are all of a sudden on a roll when they could have been left for dead...

Seattle will adjust and give Goff problems through the second half.