Rams at Seattle, 8:20 ET on Fox AND NFLN

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Ed who?

Forget "Ed who?"...it should be "Cody who?"

Ed Oliver + DK Metcalf is looking superior right at this moment to Ed Oliver + Cody Ford. 

Of course, if Cody Ford turns into a dominant guard, then it will hurt less, but...it can be argued that a massive WR that runs a 4.4 trumps an offensive guard. 

Just now, Logic said:

Ed Oliver + DK Metcalf is looking superior right at this moment to Ed Oliver + Cody Ford. 

Of course, if Cody Ford turns into a dominant guard, then it will hurt less, but...it can be argued that a massive WR that runs a 4.4 trumps an offensive guard. 

Or a DT. Dude is a serious talent.

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

Doesn't matter.  Josh isn't accurate enough right now to hit him like Wilson did.

Riiiiiight

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Sure.

Bills are in a bind wth Cody. Guy was a 2nd round pick so they feel they have to play him and hes confirming he can't play tackle(despite Beane thinking otherwise) so you are moving him to Guard.... which means your letting your top lineman to this point this year in Spain walk next year. We better hope he's as good as Spain. 

Or you just start Nsecki at RT and let Ford develop.

Never wanted DK in the first.... really wanted him in the 2nd.

Agreed. I’m happy with Ford (at guard) because after QB I think you build from the inside out. We’ve ignored the line for years. However, this team has lacked explosion on offense since we had sammy, woods, and glass-quise Goodwin, so I would have been 100% fine with DK in the second. Could’ve had him without moving up like we did with Ford (I think, could be wrong there).  Shoot, just look at the Chiefs for proof that you can never have enough playmakers. Imagine him with Knox. That’s a nice base of young playmakers. 

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

To be fair it typically takes a lot longer for a rookie O-lineman to make an impression compared to a WR.  Especially if that WR has Russel Wilson throwing to him.  Let's revisit this at the end of next season.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

"dominant guard" 

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Did everybody catch what Aikman just said about Cooper Kupp?  "A receiving core is only as good as it's 3rd receiver".  Hmmmmmmmmmmm

He also mentioned Fowler playing for Seattle.   Not the sharpest pencil in the drawer.

Just now, TheProcess said:

Agreed. I’m happy with Ford (at guard) because after QB I think you build from the inside out. We’ve ignored the line for years. However, this team has lacked explosion on offense since we had sammy, woods, and glass-quise Goodwin, so I would have been 100% fine with DK in the second. Could’ve had him without moving up like we did with Ford (I think, could be wrong there).  Shoot, just look at the Chiefs for proof that you can never have enough playmakers. Imagine him with Knox. That’s a nice base of young playmakers. 

Shoulda taken him in the first

2 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I actually thought they didn't draft a WR because of Duke.  Hopefully they bring him up and we see what he can do.  Having said that,  there were WRs in the draft I would not have minded drafting. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Or a DT. Dude is a serious talent.

Nahhhh...

Blue chip defensive lineman trumps bluechip wide receiver all day long.

Yes, Ed Oliver needs to start turning his pressures into sacks, but I'm DAMN SURE not ready to say that I'd rather have DK Metcalf than Ed Oliver only 4 games into their careers. And it's not like Oliver's been slacking. He's top 10 in pressure rate among ALL defenders in the NFL this season.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Sure

QuerulousNippyIcelandgull-max-1mb.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

These guys don't seem to concern themselves with the skills position players which concerns me.... they've assembled a very below average group for Josh.

There is truth to this.  I get the need to build  up the lines and that is where the focus had to be on offense but the organizations track record with skill players has been spotty.  We've had a couple but we don't keep them. 

Now that may be changing with the drafting of Singleterry & Knox.