Patriots' owner lands helicopter at ECC and causes minor damage to the school's football field

HOUSE

2 hours ago, teef said:

my friend was sitting in the kelly club (i'm pretty sure that was the club) and took a picture of the box behind his seats.  Sure enough there was kraft.  he said fans were brutally heckling him 

I’m sure he wiped away the tears with a pile of cash and/or several SB rings.

4 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I’m sure he wiped away the tears with a pile of cash and/or several SB rings.

i'm sure he doesn't care, but it would be so annoying to watch a game with people screaming at you the entire time.

56 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Must be a slow news day

Not long ago people talked about the sports news of the day, the game, player transactions, et al.  Yet, I've noticed over the past few years that journalism has trended away from reporting the news and now focuses heavily on analysis. 

In terms of sports journalism, The Athletic website is built on this.  They're not so much writing to cover events, but to review what happened and provide analysis for it.  Or, to predict what will happen with use of tools like analytics.  People have a desire to know things before they happen so as not to be surprised. 

And there's a market for it because consumers (the fans) demand a steady stream of content.  This is especially so when there's no news like a game, the draft, or free agency signing to cover.  It's why various websites put forward stories that begin with a question such as "Why" or "How" something happened. 

IMO, this trend toward analysis is driving fans to be more ridiculously anxious and speculate wildly on all things sports.  A few weeks back someone posted a serious question about what would happen if Matt Barkley was injured when Josh Allen was completely healthy.  :lol: 

There are so many threads on TBD now that people initiate which follow this same practice of beginning with a question.  Some of it is individual posters who want attention with likes, thanks, etc.  But much of it is people who are worried about the team.  I guess it's a sign of the times that sports is taking over people's lives.   

Edited by BillsVet
  • Awesome! (+1) 1