Josh Allen - week FOUR report card

rayray808

WEEK 1: B-

WEEK 2: B

WEEK 3: C+

WEEK 4: F

I will keep it as simple as I can. I am the biggest bandwagon Josh Allen fan there quite possibly is. Trust me.

He lost the game for us today plain and simple. We donʻt need high level stats to analyze. HE lost the game for us.

The only thing I will forever be curious about is if he wasnʻt KOʻd, how those last possessions would have looked?

Edited by rayray808
  • Like (+1) 6

BB has made a lot of QB's look futile during his tenure in the league.  Daboll should have tried to keep Josh out of some of those plays. Allen's execution on the opening drive of the second half is a perfect example. And like you I am very curious How Josh would have finished that game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Josh completely melted down. I've been really encouraged besides a few moments but today was probably his worst game yet including last year. He's making the same mistakes he made last year which honestly were not showing up earlier this very season. Adversity hits and he forgets how to play. If he doesn't get that hero moment, it's a complete melt down.

On to Tennessee, heal up. Be ready Barkley.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, DRA3196 said:

BB has made a lot of QB's look futile during his tenure in the league.  Daboll should have tried to keep Josh out of some of those plays. Allen's execution on the opening drive of the second half is a perfect example. And like you I am very curious How Josh would have finished that game.

Yeah, would have been nice to just have Allen throw screens and short passes all day. Get the ball out of his hands. But cantt ever really take the Allen out of Josh Allen. It's who he is. He's a risk taker and NEVER gives up on a play.

I don't recall him ever looking that bad, certainly not this year but not even in his rookie year.  Did BB get inside his head?  I don't know but whatever the reason, he just looked completely incapable.  There were open receivers he didn't see, and he missed so many throw you wonder if he wasn't injured before the helmet to helmet cheap shot.

• Like (+1) 1

The majority of the offense looked out of sync.  Josh we know (been beat to death); but the tackles played poorly, the WRs were having trouble getting seperation, and the offensive game plan looked completely different than the first few weeks.   The interior line and Gore were impressive though.  

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine
  • Like (+1) 2

He played bad. 

Show all the plays he had time and missed guys. 

There were a few. 

The line was awful. 

The receivers were not getting open. 

Josh was holding the ball too long and misfiring at times. He threw into double coverage which is inexcusable but it's also true ten receivers were not getting open all day. Not trying to be a homer, he was bad overall. But he was forcing things not missing wide open receivers. 

• Like (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yeah, would have been nice to just have Allen throw screens and short passes all day. Get the ball out of his hands. But cantt ever really take the Allen out of Josh Allen. It's who he is. He's a risk taker and NEVER gives up on a play.

Like McDermott said at the post game presser. Josh has to learn to take what the defense gives him. It is way to costly when he tries to do too much. I am just chalking up his performance today to growing pains. He will learn what to do and when to do it. Loved the fact that Daboll was seen in his face today. He needs to be called out and held accountable. The team goals are bigger than his personal "wants". I believe he will learn. and I do believe it might take most if not all of the season.

NE seems to have a pretty good defense. Ask.......anyone who watches football. We have a great D. They have a great D. They have the GOAT at QB, we have essentially a rookie. And then special teams decided the game. Go figure. 

We are close, if today is any indication. Josh will calm down given a bit more experience. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DuckyBoys said:

F-  F for the game and the minus for getting knocked out and possibly missing some time

You cant fault Allen for getting knocked out of the game when he gets cheap shotted....that is just stupid

That said....F...cant turn the ball over overthrow WR's that have separation in a position to score touchdowns.

40 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Allen was flat out awful and lost the game pure and simple. He gets sacked time and time again when in field goal range and plays stupid football as he throws prayers that get picked off. He just doesn't learn ....

He helped to lose the game......the punt block for a TD also contributed

• Like (+1) 1

worst part about him not being able to finish this game, is the fact that he might not be able to play next week to show us if he can learn from his mental errors ?

my body was not ready for a let down of this magnitude... I would rather have us lost by 14 points but show that he can still make good decisions as a QB

• Like (+1) 1